IGNORED

I don't know why I look at the Bayly blog

slh12280

I remember reading about them before and I recall they were really sexist. I was looking up stuff about Rachel Held Evans' new book "A Year of Biblical Womanhood" and what do I find but the Bayly brothers take on her. Wow! Apparently she needs the man who is in authority above her to keep her silent. Yeah, they said that. Don't fundamentalists usually try to somewhat cover their sexism? Now, I am intrigued as to their other views (ugh, maybe I shouldn't do this to myself). I probably shouldn't be shocked but it seems they don't even try to hide their disdain for women.

baylyblog.com/blog/2012/07/ms-rachel-held-evans-heretic

After a brief (but ll too long) skim of their blog, I hereby award them the Massengill medal with Summer's Eve cluster.

After a brief (but ll too long) skim of their blog, I hereby award them the Massengill medal with Summer's Eve cluster.

Oh, thank you for doing that. Because I couldn't stay very long. The hatred was overwhelming me off the screen, it was. And others need to know!

I'm so glad you posted about this! The Baylys make me furious when they start saying "The man who is in charge of her should have stopped her. . . " from saying or doing something they feel is naughty.

As you say, they did it with Rachel Evans. . . the man in charge of Rachel (like she's a horse or something) should have stopped her.

A few weeks ago, the Baylys said the same thing about a successful female evangelical writer and speaker. . . the men in charge of her should stop her, because her place is in the home (this is a lady with grown kids). Someone wrote it that this woman made thousands of dollars and they had a feeling her husband was A-OK with that.

You know the truth of the matter? The Baylys are jealous that these two chicks are making way more money than they do. That's why it suddenly becomes so biblically necessary that a man rein them in.

"In Calvin's Geneva, couples were banished if their engagement lasted longer than twelve months. We held a family council some years back and decided the Bayly limit would be six months. A summer wedding is planned."

That is the least romantic thing I've read in a while. It's like a freaking business transaction. How many cows did the girl come with? Oh gross!

These people SUCK.

Why rush into a wedding, 6 months is a long time considering theres no relationship before. I could understand deciding to get married in 6 months if theyve been dating for years before, but not when theyve just met.

Archived