IGNORED

So, is this real? Commenter on Ruth's latest post.

clarinetpower

Although I don't think it is real, maybe Ruth could run an IP check on the comment. We all know where the Duggars were yesterday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins. His training should be through by age 12, when Jim Bob and Michelle hope all their children are trained well enough to stand aloneon the diningroom table"

Yeah, theyre definetly child training....no normal one year old acts like that. Poor babies.

Fixed that!

No, I dont think its real. I think its someone trying to make us think it is one of the Jslaves wanting to escape. They wouldnt make it so obvious.

I hope they do escape one day, I dont think theyre happy (except for maybe Jill, but I think even she deserves better than this). Jana always looks depressed, Jinger has dreams to go to the city, and I dont think she and Jessa arent really the maternal sort and dont seem to like kids-which doesnt really go with the fundie lifestyle. Joy doesnt fit their gender roles, shed rather be running around playing sports and getting dirty with the boys.

Regarding the bolded, I would say those girls are totally done doing the motherhood thing after being being the buddy mother to their assigned siblings because their own crazy mother can't do it herself.

Yeah, and if they were normal kids, their mom would be totally fine with that, and theyd probably be off in college now and not at home taking care of kids and the house because their parents are neglectful and like having live in slaves.

In a newspaper report from years ago (pre-TLC) the Duggars said that they do use physical punishment. I've seen the report linked here and on the Wayback Machine. I'll try and find it.

Thank you. Off to throw up... in case you won't see me anymore, I have vomited myself to death. :angry-fire: I'm not at all surprised but still, angry beyond words. Mother of the year. My arse, that. Good parents, my arse, too.

"When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins. His training should be through by age 12, when Jim Bob and Michelle hope all their children are trained well enough to stand alone"

Yeah, theyre definetly child training....no normal one year old acts like that. Poor babies.

:angry-cussingblack: :character-jason: :character-jaws: :puke-front::scared-shocked: :violence-guntoting: :violence-minigun: :violence-rocket: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-uzi: I have not found enough serial killer icons to express my feelings.

** training? The word "training" outrages me beyond words. Children are not dogs. Neither are women. People, not dogs. Hence my motto, "Stop trying to make "Fetch!" happen! It's NOT going to happen. Ok I tailored it to my mindset, but I like it this way.

"When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins. His training should be through by age 12, when Jim Bob and Michelle hope all their children are trained well enough to stand alone"

I have a one year old. The thought of hitting her makes me physically ill. She's just a baby.

Not that hitting your kid is ever ok...

If Michelle's crazy look makes a one year old know what's "coming", they have probably experienced it before. (Yeah, wisdom of the year, I know.) I really want to see her when she flips and shows some good old crazy. Without her hurting anyone of course.

:angry-cussingblack: :character-jason: :character-jaws: :puke-front::scared-shocked: :violence-guntoting: :violence-minigun: :violence-rocket: :violence-sniperdark: :violence-uzi: I have not found enough serial killer icons to express my feelings.

** training? The word "training" outrages me beyond words. Children are not dogs. Neither are women. People, not dogs. Hence my motto, "Stop trying to make "Fetch!" happen! It's NOT going to happen. Ok I tailored it to my mindset, but I like it this way.

Yes, children are not dogs. But, sadly I think dogs are treated better than fundy children.

The blog is gone.

I would like to read it. Does anyone have screen caps or another way to see the posts?

I also didn't get a chance to see the blog, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

The children and Michelle recite a new Bible passage each morning, and they have actions to go with the words. For instance, when reciting Exodus 20, verses 1-17, the children run a finger along their necks in a quick swipe, as if killing themselves, as they read the passage, "Thou shall not kill

:shock: Well.....That's disturbing.

Guest Anonymous

I also didn't get a chance to see the blog, if anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

I don't think it made it into google cache.

:shock: Well.....That's disturbing.

That is very disturbing! I managed to memorize the 10 commandments as a kid without pretending to commit suicide!

You know, that is earily similar to footage that I have seen of the Jonestown and Branch Dravidian kids singing songs about violence and pretending to do the things from the song.

What movements do they do at "thou shalt not commit adultery"? Humping the air? Pretend to zip up pants? These parents are disturbed. I know I sound like a broken record.

What movements do they do at "thou shalt not commit adultery"? Humping the air? Pretend to zip up pants? These parents are disturbed. I know I sound like a broken record.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just snorted cider onto my phone from that one. :oops:

The blog is gone.

I would like to read it. Does anyone have screen caps or another way to see the posts?

There was only the one entry when I saw it.

Don't have it screen capped or anything though, sorry.

:laughing-rolling: Or do they stand in boy-girl pairs, then turn and pretend to make out with the sibling in the next pair over from them? I'm seriously curious now.

This is exactly what I wondered. :?

"A majority of the children sit at one table, with the rest at the adult table. Jim Bob and Michelle hardly have to even bother turning around during the meal to check on anyone's behavior.

"The buddies will usually inform us if we need to help with somebody," Michelle says."

This statement is so telling. Shouldn't the buddies help with the younger kids, not the parents help the buddy?

She also posted at Zsuzsanna's. Looks to me like she's posting where she knows FJ will see it.

GracelynDecember 25, 2012 5:24 PM

Your son is adorable!

I just want to know how you will handle your children when they grow up? My parent's won't let me do anything even though I am grown. I can't leave due to obligations at home, but they can't seeem to understand I have dreams I want to fulfill.

I have followed your blog for a while and think you are lovely. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

Replies

ZsuzsannaDecember 27, 2012 11:37 PM

With responsibility comes freedom. Freedom to make your own decisions in life, which hopefully, after being raised for 18+ years in a Christian home, should be based on the Bible.

I do not think that young people should move out from home until they get married ("therefore shall a man leave father and mother and cleave unto his wife..."), and I also think that as long as children live at home, they are ultimately under their parents' authority. But like I said, hopefully by the time the child becomes an adult, they can be trusted to make the right decisions for themselves. I think the transition needs to be gradual. For example, I may send my 11-year old into the store with a short shopping list or take a deposit into the bank while I wait in the car with the baby, but I would not let the 8-year old do that.

Ultimately, I believe that God will bless you regardless of your situation if you do right and live by the Bible.

:laughing-rolling: Or do they stand in boy-girl pairs, then turn and pretend to make out with the sibling in the next pair over from them? I'm seriously curious now.

Do we have an eye bleach icon?! :shock: :?: :hand: :lol:

"The buddies will usually inform us if we need to help with somebody," Michelle says."

This statement is so telling. Shouldn't the buddies help with the younger kids, not the parents help the buddy?

1.) Totally, the parents don't know the last thing about their kids.

2.) "need help with the younger kids" sounds like they are policing each other and rat each other out all the time.

Archived