IGNORED

So, is this real? Commenter on Ruth's latest post.

clarinetpower

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm skeptical... She uses too many of the hot topics we talk about on FJ- Smuggar, Joy's rules getting stricter after puberty... Also, I feel like the writing is not SOTDRT, "envy," "get the hell out of dodge," "puberty" ... I just can't see a J'slave using those words. Remember Jana's writing snippet from earlier this year? It was horrendous. Also, she posted on Ruth's latest post less than a half hour after posting this, her first post.

I do think it's weird that "JGirl4" has been on Blogger since September 2012 though.

The chances are slim, but I really, really hope it's her. Or if it's not, that the real Jinger is really starting to think about leaving.

That's what I thought, and the bit about the younger sister who was raised more free? Confusing. I am not up on all the Duggarisms (I didn't even know Jinger was #4), so most of it goes over my head. I doubt a Duggar would curse, too.

I hope Ruth is doing OK. That post sounded like she was very depressed.

I'm skeptical... She uses too many of the hot topics we talk about on FJ- Smuggar, Joy's rules getting stricter after puberty...

This is exactly what I thought. It seems to go along with the general thoughts here a little *too* well. My bullshit alarms went off reading it.

I thought this was a fake too, but in the very, very, very unlikely event that it's not, I replied and gave her some resources to help her with her flight out of fundiedom.

I read this thread right after checking Davilla's page.

The same person commented on the post about giving a good report.

davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/12/24/christmas-eve-good-report/#comment-5036

fwiw I'm sure it's not 'real'. But the blogger has an agenda that no doubt will come out, post by post. Whatever.

Guest Anonymous

I don't really follow the Duggars, but is there a valid reason why a younger sister would have a freeer life than an older one?

My guess would be that an FJ lurker wrote that post. Content and style-wise it's not all that well written or thought out, but it seems more high school than home school.

I don't really follow the Duggars, but is there a valid reason why a younger sister would have a freeer life than an older one?

My guess would be that an FJ lurker wrote that post. Content and style-wise it's not all that well written or thought out, but it seems more high school than home school.

They're obviously referring to Joy Anna, who does, or rather did, seem to have a freer life than the older girls because she was a) quite a bit younger than them and b) grew up with the middle boys as the siblings closest in age to her, making her a bit of a tomboy. She was allowed to be a tomboy for quite a long time, but now it seems she's expected to fall in line with the older sisters. Definitely a popular FJ belief.

Guest Anonymous

Ah thank you. I don't follow them in any detail so I only know them by the more popular stuff that is said of them on FJ. :)

That blog just reads like a bad parody to me.

Id love to think its for real, but I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who associated with FJ, maybe a relative noob who thinks it might be fun. I hope it isn't though as this sort of thing devalues what we do here. Plus it worries me what would happen if Dimbulb found it and beleived it. It could make things woese for the j'slaves.

Yeah I don't believe it, at all. The spelling and terminology just doesn't suit, and I really don't think the older Duggar girls would even have access to blogger, would they? Remember an article stating that they only had access to like 20 pre approved sites? I can't imagine that even if they did feel this way, they would post it on a blogger profile that's easily found and apparent who it is.

I also just noticed that the same profile commented on DavidlovesPriscilla, so it seems they are hitting all the blogs we talk about here, deliberately getting us to talk about it.

So yeah, I don't believe it.

I think that if one of the Duggar girls had a blog, they wouldn't make is so obvious who they are. We would probably figure it out from context, but it wouldn't be glaringly obvious. Also, Jinger would be smarter than to use her blogger ID to comment on David's blog.

Whoever it is, I think that the J'slaves are going to be in trouble for it.

I feel sorry for most of the Duggar kids... I will admit I find some of the older ones not so innocent, obnoxious actually, but JoyAnna is definitely the one that I would get out of there risking my shiny arse. She is just miserable there. She used to be an energetic, joyful little thing, and the last time I saw her, she had a frown on her face, saying to her unborn sister: have fun... while you can. It's not for too long I guess. Then there was JimBoob... saying with his hideous, fake, scary (and toothy) smile, how JA should act like a lady already and stop doing physical activities that get her dirty. I wonder what they told her in private. They are really, really good at making people feel guilty, less of a person, faulty, blasphemous, ungodly, etc. They pretty much wanna do it to the entire world. I hate, hate hate... and despise these people.

No, I dont think its real. I think its someone trying to make us think it is one of the Jslaves wanting to escape. They wouldnt make it so obvious.

I hope they do escape one day, I dont think theyre happy (except for maybe Jill, but I think even she deserves better than this). Jana always looks depressed, Jinger has dreams to go to the city, and I dont think she and Jessa arent really the maternal sort and dont seem to like kids-which doesnt really go with the fundie lifestyle. Joy doesnt fit their gender roles, shed rather be running around playing sports and getting dirty with the boys.

Guest Anonymous

Whoever it is, I think that the J'slaves are going to be in trouble for it.

Really? I would imagine that, being in the public eye, the Duggars get all sorts of weird shit written about them. If that obscure blog even comes to their attention, I would imagine they would guess immediately, as most of us did, that it is just a mediocre troll trying to get some attention. :P

Guest Anonymous

Really? I would imagine that, being in the public eye, the Duggars get all sorts of weird shit written about them. If that obscure blog even comes to their attention, I would imagine they would guess immediately, as most of us did, that it is just a mediocre troll trying to get some attention. :P

Even if they grasp that the blogger is a troll, I can see them clamping down on the girls, and some of the older boys anyway. Just to keep them from getting any ideas.

Even if they grasp that the blogger is a troll, I can see them clamping down on the girls, and some of the older boys anyway. Just to keep them from getting any ideas.

I'm really, really afraid you are right. :( I wish they would televise how Boob (hehe) and the Mullet of Mullets really discipline their kids, because it's definitely not the cutesy poo ketamine voice they televise. I do not know if they use physical punishment or not, they never gave a straight answer to that question. "Awwwwww, heart to heart communication is just so beautiful" is not an answer. YES or NO would have been answers. Never happened. But I am totally certain that they know damn well how to crush lively people's spirits. Uncle Jimbo started his sociopathic methods on Michelle, and they worked juuust fine. Now there are two of these, Jimbo and his apprentice. I'm really afraid that it's going to be another spiritual concentration camp for some of the girls, again. (I've read those reviews, like I think most of you have. Lack of sleep, repetition, guilt trips, public humiliation and lack of good food have done their thing on most kids. I've seen a vid on YT, about how to start a cult. All of the above were mentioned as methods of crushing people.)

...... I do not know if they use physical punishment or not, they never gave a straight answer to that question. "Awwwwww, heart to heart communication is just so beautiful" is not an answer. YES or NO would have been answers. Never happened. But I am totally certain that they know damn well how to crush lively people's spirits. ......

In a newspaper report from years ago (pre-TLC) the Duggars said that they do use physical punishment. I've seen the report linked here and on the Wayback Machine. I'll try and find it.

In a newspaper report from years ago (pre-TLC) the Duggars said that they do use physical punishment. I've seen the report linked here and on the Wayback Machine. I'll try and find it.

Here you go: http://web.archive.org/web/200502032148 ... .php/id20/

A quote from the article: The Duggars consider the Bible something of an owner's manual, a how-to for life. They sometimes employ "time outs" to discipline their children, but they also think the Bible teaches parents to spank and even instructs on how to do it.

The Duggars have also linked to the Pearls' book via the Amazon links on their webpage.

None of this is news, but it never gets mentioned (apart from on FJ every now and then). It gets folk argumentative.

"When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins. His training should be through by age 12, when Jim Bob and Michelle hope all their children are trained well enough to stand alone"

Yeah, theyre definetly child training....no normal one year old acts like that. Poor babies.

Archived