IGNORED

Vision Forum "Legos"

Maggie Mae

Saw this today.

http://www.visionforum.com/browse/produ ... ollection/

Episode I: Attack of the Plagues

This stop-motion animation film humorously portrays the action, fun, and drama of the 10 plagues that overcame Egypt and set Israel free.

Yes. Fun is the first adjective that comes to mind when thinking about the 10 plagues.

Also, is that legal? To use LEGOs like that, and profit?

Saw this today.

http://www.visionforum.com/browse/produ ... ollection/

Yes. Fun is the first adjective that comes to mind when thinking about the 10 plagues.

Also, is that legal? To use LEGOs like that, and profit?

Because I'm a bitch, I will forward this to a friend and ask who I contact to get this shit taken down. Anything that can take VF down a notch or two is a great thing in my book.

Note: You can use Lego to make stop motion animation for fun, sort of how it's legal to make a mixed tape or a playlist for your MP3 player. That's fair use. Also fair use is for educational purposes. VF is doing this shit for profit, though, which if they don't have a license- they can't afford it, I'm sure- they can get in a lot of trouble.

Unfortunately, noone who would buy this would post it online, so I can't see how awesome it is. And by awesome I mean horrible.

There is another lego bible movie about Jericho. My kids were enthralled by it at a homeschool conference this summer. It was being sold--and I believe you can find it on amazon--and I was wondering about the legalities of selling it.

There is another lego bible movie about Jericho. My kids were enthralled by it at a homeschool conference this summer. It was being sold--and I believe you can find it on amazon--and I was wondering about the legalities of selling it.

If they have a license to use the Lego in their stop action films, they can use it. But I don't know how they could afford it. Lego is hot right now, so their license for product placement is probably very expensive.

The FUN? Boils all over was FUN? Having all your crops fail and livestock wither was FUN?

That is so fucked up.

Haha! First born sons are all dead! Hilarious hijinks will ensue.

Sounds like a winner.

people suffering and dying is HUMOROUS?

Of course! Only the dirty heathens died! It's kind of like how some Christians believe that when they get to heaven they can peek over a cloud and watch sinners burn in hell. It's righteous entertainment.

There was a lawsuit a decade ago (I think it was resolved only recently b/c I recall hearing about it on NPR) where an artist used Barbies which he photographed in various ways. Mattel tried to stop his use but the artist won on the basis of the Barbies being used in a new and novel way to express an artistic viewpoint. So, you can use branded toys in a novel way (stop motion animation) and produce a work of art (crappy biblical movie) and its protected by law.

Plus, I doubt that the Lego folks would want to mess with the crazy fundies. Unfortunately, they probably want to protect their ability to sell to the right wing Christians.

I think it's sufficiently different than the barbie case mentioned up thread, in that the Barbies being used were used in works of art that fell under social commentary or parody. Furthermore, Lego already has videos out. Judging from the comments on the VF page, these videos were made by homeschool students. Even if it's not a violation of copywrite to make and sell videos using the toys, it's still really sleezy to have ads (see below) on your site that make it appear as though the video is licensed by the Lego group.

I put the ad behind a spoiler because of sizing.

Capture_zpsbb17269b.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Haha! First born sons are all dead! Hilarious hijinks will ensue.

Sounds like a winner.

Not to mention all the food crops being eaten by locusts, and the water made undrinkable with blood.

Yeah, good times all right.

Archived