IGNORED

Sims 3?

xDreamerx

Brian and Ashley have added three more children to their quiver and they want at least ten. They now have a toddler son named Konnor and fraternal twin infants named Karson and Karen. Kohl is now a teenager and as training to be the head of his family is working part time as a crossing guard and Kael shows his entrepreneurial spirit by running a lemonade stand.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a tragic accident (ahem...mishap with the moveObjects cheat...I deleted a baby...), Peter and Mary lost their baby, Evanjelique. They were distraught and struggling to keep up with day to day tasks, so they left it to Rewardina to step up to the plate a grow up quickly so that she could take over most household duties. Quris is looking for appropriate part time work to help out with the family budget, and Sammaratyne and Blessyng are good at keeping Innocyntella entertained while Mummy is napping. Peter is slowly moving up in the political world.

Kale is now a teenager, Konnor, Karen, and Karsen are all children. Brian and Ashley's youngest blessing is yet another boy. They have named him Kash. With Karen being the only female child she doesn't have much time for fun since she does most of the cleaning.

A widow who is raising her teenage granddaughters after their parents died has moved in next door. Ashley has formed a friendship with the lady in the hopes that Kohl and Kale can begin courting Addisyn and Maddisyn very soon. She wants grandblessings and soon.

• 4 weeks later...

I only have sims two, but this thread is making me want to play it again :lol:

I'll try and put together a fundy family, I think - thanks for the ideas!

And woo! I'm a tater tot! :dance:

Ooh, hi everyone! I just started a thread about this recently. We finally were able to afford a new computer and so I am enjoying Sims 3, finally!

I created a lovely Fundie Family, the Whites. Mother and Father white have 6 kids. The youngest being Truth and Ruth (twin toddlers). The oldest, Mary, is very depressed. She never has time for anything but taking care of babies and cooking.

I love the idea of the fundie challenge! I'm going to have to create a new familiy tonight.

:)

Awesome!

I would add a goal, at least in Sims2 - no buying groceries, all food must come from the garden or fish pond.

And how do you post pictures?

That would be easily possible in Sims 3, too. Especially after one Sim has amassed enough points to get the lifetimereward food replicator or however that thing is called.

Okay, Fecundity & Jefferson Hamilton Godly are having no babies yet, because they can't afford a double bed. She stays up all night painting paintings as her "home business" and daydreams about sex, babies, and her very own floral arranging station, then sleeps while he works as a dishwasher but gets up to make dinner before he gets home.

(I guess this is where Fecundity has it better than Rebekah Anast; her Godly Man can't provide the proper furniture, so no sex and no babies for a while.)

I miss Sims 2, I had tons of Duggar like families. I can't seem to get into Sims 3, I think I'm just sad that it's new and different and I have less control.

How is it less control? I haven't played 3 yet, and I'm interested in reviews.

Update: Fecundity had a baby! I tried to name it by opening a Bible and pointing, but the only Bible in the house is the Good News Bible, so all the words are plain and unfundie. I opened and pointed, then looked up the verse in an online KJV (2 Samuel 12:5) and picked a word from that verse, and Fansy'd it up a little: Kyndled.

How is it less control? I haven't played 3 yet, and I'm interested in reviews.

Update: Fecundity had a baby! I tried to name it by opening a Bible and pointing, but the only Bible in the house is the Good News Bible, so all the words are plain and unfundie. I opened and pointed, then looked up the verse in an online KJV (2 Samuel 12:5) and picked a word from that verse, and Fansy'd it up a little: Kyndled.

The first thing I noticed is that I can't seem to figure out how to start a new, blank neighborhood. Sims still work out of the house, but you go with them. My Sims job is redesigning other Sim houses, which makes sense as to why you can't start with a blank neighborhood. But my fav part of Sims 2 was building houses and trapping children in rooms until they died, so the ghosts would haunt mansions forever. And then the new family would move in and get scared by the ghosts. Also I liked that sometimes, most of the sims would be out of the house and you could focus on the stay at home sim. It could be that I haven't played enough of Sims 3 yet, or that I'm doing something wrong. I just don't feel as though Sims 3 is as user friendly as Sims 1 & 2

When you go to work with them, what happens to the family at home?

Update: Fecundity had twins! Helpfully, when little Kyndled was a toddler, daddy was working a night shift and somehow he & Fecundity never got it on til she grew up into a child. So the twins are not concurrent with a toddler. However, Kyndled is very grouchy and I can't find time to encourage her to be nice, so she's going to be bitch.

The twins names should have come from Proverbs 11:1, but it was depressing (Just Weight is a terrible, terrible name, even for a Sim) so I went with Prov 11:3; they are called Upright and Integrity. I was so shocked at the twins, I forgot to Fansyfy the names.

But, they only had one crib when the twins were born, so til Daddy got home from work Upright got the crib and Integrity lay on the floor.

I am running into a Sims limit on my family, though; a real QF family would crowd them all into one room with shelving or let the little one sleep in a carseat on the floor. I am going to have to buy 2 more beds in a few days.

Oh and i had to give up on the no groceries thing, because of the weird "only make certain dishes at certain times" - they ran out of leftovers (bass & squash at every meal!) and I had to feed poor Kyndled something to keep CPS away. So I bought groceries. BUT Fecundity with her half-unfinished kitchen and babies on the floor is getting an $800 juicer for Christmas, so hopefully they can just drink apple juice when the food runs out next time.

Other Problems: they can't afford a bureau or a changing table, so the little girls are wearing pants/footie pajamas, and Mom has her original outfit of a long skirt & longsleeved shirt, but her maternity clothes are pants (are there any maternity dresses in the game? I don't have any downloads because my old computer died & I haven't gotten any since.)

Also Daddy is too nice. He keeps picking up babies & doing dishes when I'm not looking.

Oh no! There wasn't enough room in the house for two toys, so I put one toddler toy on the porch. ONe of the twins played outdoors til she turned blue and the Social Worker came and took her!

I think I'm going to pretend Fecundity had a fundraiser on her blog, and give them a few grand so they can expand the house a teeny bit. This is really sad. Or I should go play the lesbians next door until the scientist one perfects her robot, and give them a robot nanny.

I started a new fundie family, monogamous this time. George is a politician and spends his free time right now practicing speeches in the mirror while Hannah spends all her time cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, and gardening. Her first child, Abednego, was a boy, but she just had her second home birth and she's grateful it's a girl this time. In a few years Alleluia will be able to help with the household chores. Right now they're living in a one-bedroom trailer house in Riverview, but they're running out of room fast, not to mention that they have a creepy neighbor who plays guitar outside their window at night, so they hope to move soon.

Many, many years ago I got totally hooked on the original Sims PC game!!!! My addiction was pretty bad, especially after learning some cheats. ;) Don't have it anymore. My kids have bought the PS2 version and later the Wii version since then, and I just don't think they're nearly as much fun. I guess I'm like a fundie in that way. Need the old-fashioned, traditional Sims. I could so easily get into the original one again if I had it.

....and I totally joined just to add this, haha. Been lurking for ages. I have Sims 2 (got rid of 3 because it was slow). My family is the Mathisons. The entire neighbourhood is made up of their family, and my goal is to fill the neighbourhood with Mathisons.

Michael married Violet and forced her to give up her flower arranging business, then turned it into a church (I run it like a business, actually very profitable). They have eight kids and Violet is pregnant with #9. The kids are called Moses, Mark and Matthew (twins), Mordecai and Micah (twins), Miriam (child), Malachi (child) and Melchior (toddler). Moses is living in sin with an alien and they have a child (gasp!). Mark is a musician, living a secular life with some floozy (gasp! at least he married this one!). Matthew is timid and idolizes his father, and has moved home with his wife to take over the church (and also to cover for the fact that he's secretly gay). Mordecai is a bully of a preacher who has converted some poor girl into being his broodmare, and has his own church right next door. Micah committed suicide, mostly because I needed more room for all the darned kids. Violet is going to stay pregnant until she runs out, basically. It ain't easy being Quiverfull.

I couldn't do it, I had to cheat and raise their levels because the oldest girl would just burst into tears randomly no matter what she was supposed to be doing, and refusing to go to school.

But Daddy got promoted so they have more money now, so they're working on more babies. They're fake-patriarchal, though - she's so sick all the time when she's pregnant, Daddy ends up cleaning and gardening! SHOCKING.

I haven't played without cheats in a while and it's hard. The kids are driving me nuts. Abednego and Alleluia are toddlers, they have a new baby Azaziah (I really wanted #3 to be a girl, but alas, another boy), and Hannah is pregnant with little Asaph or Amana. Gardening, cooking, and cleaning have gone out the window in favor of keeping the kids alive. They were in danger of a social worker visit, so Solomon had to help out with the kids (thanks to his slob trait, though, he hasn't once done any housework). They even called a baby sitter, but all she did was stand around with her hands over her ears. I can't wait until Alleluia is old enough to start helping out.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have World Adventures, be sure to visit foreign countries to fellowship with the locals, too. That's got to count for points.

And bonus: if you're in Egypt you can buy a snake charming kit. It's no anaconda, but it'll do.

I try to make my daughters marry godly men they meet on the computer. I was particularly proud of eldest daughter Gracelyn marrying Notzo Curious (Riverview), who was not only rich (fundie royalty), but also quite a bit older AND had the family oriented trait. When it came time to choose her life's ambition, I gave her "Gold digger" (see dead spouse's ghost). Her parents, Matthias and Grace James (as in King James, obv.) have 7 children and are still breeding in a 3 bedroom house: one big bedroom for mom & dad, one room full of bunks (part of the Generations EP) for boys and the other for girls. I move them out as soon as they age up to young adult so they can keep procreatin'. The oldest son made his imaginary friend become a real boy, and they were kicked out to live in sin in the bad part of town.

The trick to the kids not driving you nuts is give dad a job (Matthias James is now Leader of the Free World), but not mom. Then, when you're annoyed with the kids, choose dad as the active sim, set it to high speed, and go do something in the next room. Mom will take care of the kids on her own after about an hour of them freaking out.

I don't know how many of you have Generations, but there is the BEST new feature for QF families. You get the option when you have at least one teen to have all adults leave the house for a 2 day free vacation that they won (courtesy TLC or the Today show LOL) and the teenager(s) are left in charge of the house. I take this option every.single.time. it comes up. Adults come home refreshed, teens and younger children are in full time red stressed mode, usually followed by a teen rebellion streak.

I can't believe I forgot to mention this! Mom also writes ebooks. Her most successful are her nonfiction titles, but she also has dabbled in trashy and humor. Her titles include:

(nonfiction) DH = Darling Headship

(nonfiction) Cloth Diapering for Derps

(nonfiction) Why Women Shouldn't Work

(nonfiction) Home Management Binders

(humor) ACCIDENTALLY SHRINKING LAUNDRY!!!!1! (this was done while she she was recovering from a difficult pregnancy and was a MASSIVE FLOP)

(trashy) Never Say No

(trashy) Looks Like Jesus, Throbs Like Satan- this one was a resounding success and earned her an assload of royalties. It was something like $250/week in royalties for that one alone. Apparently, lots of Sims want a guy that looks like Jesus and throbs like Satan.

True Story: my husband walked in while I was reading the screen about her completing the laundry book and he's like, "did that just say what I think it said?" he's not a Simmer. He doesn't get it.

Those titles are AWESOME.

Thanks! I think they were pretty inspired, myself. I've enjoyed coming up with new ones. Last night Mom started a biography of a guy named Doug Downey. The game suggested a title for it, but I changed it to "Doug Downey: A Truly Godly Man". I mispelled it as "Godley" at first and was thisclose to leaving the riffle in.

I discovered something terrible about my family last night, though. The fourth son, I can't remember if it's Grogg or Gray (all G names, my 6 year old son named Grogg), was getting ready to go to prom the next day. I looked in his friends list to see if there were any Godly women to encourage him not to dance at the prom. Imagine my surprise when I open up his friends list and right there on the first page is a boy, with A HEART NEXT TO IT. I hover over it thinking there's a mistake. No, there's not. This young man is his "romantic interest". The funny thing is that I didn't make this happen, so I don't know if they've given away pieces of their hearts to each other yet. I'm assuming that one day I got a dialog box asking if he wanted to go to evilgayfriend's house after school, and I clicked it just to clear the screen (I've got babies to deal with! I don't have time for this crap!) and that's when his friend totally pushed the liberal media/gay agenda on him. Come to think of it, this particular son has been picked up by the cops at least 3 times for being out past curfew, must be devil worshipping/listening to secular music/making out with dudes. Now my Godly son (who has the evil and ambitious trait, btw) is infatuated with this devil in disguise.

SO. Son has a party and invites his evilgayfriend over. They start straight up making out in front of the entire party, including mom and dad :lol: :o I sent gay son and his evil friend to live with his older brother and his imaginary friend-made real-gay lover.

Ok. I'm so excited about trying this. I have sims 2, no expansions (because, you know - good stewardship :D ), but I am so excited to try this. I think I'll make a new neighbourhood too...

I am tempted to use the tombstone of life and death to age a couple of the oldest teens at one point though, as ot make room for a further lot of blessings... Is that acceptable?

Awesome challenge, btw!

Archived