IGNORED

Sims 3?

xDreamerx

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You aren't the only Simmer here. I don't have TS3 yet but it's on my wishlist. I have a town where pretty much everyone is a fundie or fundie lite complete with period costumes I found from a link someone posted at the old board.

Love the Sims! I'm still getting used to Sims 3. I'll play it non stop for a month then not at all for the next few months, and it's been a while since I last played.

I have a few fundie families, but I've been trying to complete the 'Legacy Challenge' (10 generations of the same family). I got up to about 5th gen then stopped, I should try get back into it..

Love the Sims! I'm still getting used to Sims 3. I'll play it non stop for a month then not at all for the next few months, and it's been a while since I last played.

I have a few fundie families, but I've been trying to complete the 'Legacy Challenge' (10 generations of the same family). I got up to about 5th gen then stopped, I should try get back into it..

I'm the same way! I can't quit, but I feel like I should clean my OWN house, rather than making my Sims learn to clean theirs ;)

I've never managed to do a legacy without cheating. I get bored when my sims are poor. I kind of miss the Sims 2. I had a lot of period content and make a lot of period sims. I wish people would make more content for the Sims 3.

I may be one of the few people who did The Sims Online...though it was mind-numbingly boring for quite a bit of it.

I'm more into building the house than anything else.

Yes! For a while I was doing a Fundie Sims farm... before my hard drive crashed.an youu say epic sadness?) I had everyone on the old board helping me out with it... everyone came up with crazy names... my favorite was Virginity Blessing haha

I'm a simmer! I've had all of them, and honestly, I've sometimes felt that sims 2 had better interaction/relationship systems. Right now, I'm working on making myself on the sims 3. :) Does anyone know anything about this new sims thing on FaceBook?

I agree the relationships were better in the Sims 2 and I liked the memory system in it better. Would anyone want to make an FJ challenge? Like the legacy challenge but our own rules of some kind?

I agree the relationships were better in the Sims 2 and I liked the memory system in it better. Would anyone want to make an FJ challenge? Like the legacy challenge but our own rules of some kind?

Ooh yes I support this idea! :D

I LOVE the Sims. 1, 2 AND 3. I have grown up with them, played and modded. I still wish that the Sims 1 worked on these modern computers but meh.

I love the sims. I had a fundie farm on the 2 but I don't have it anymore :( now I have sims 3 but my computer is so slow with it I do not bother playing anymore... at least, until I get a new computer. I'm hoping SOON, the computer is at least 4 years old, I got it when Sevy was 3 months old, and she just turned 5 last month.... yeah, it's probably a dinosaur by todays standards. Just wish I could put the sims 3 on my netbook!!! :)

Are the extensions worth the money, anyone? considering getting the extensions (generations, pets, night life, etc)... when I replace my dinosaur :)

I third the idea for a challenge!

@Antigone: I have all of them save world travels and pets. Nightlife is cool because you have more places to go but I hate the fact that everyone is a celeb and no matter what your sim becomes one. Generations is okay. I like the kids better now, I think. I <3 Ambitions because the new jobs are cool. The ones I've tried anyway.

Have it, too, but do not play much because my laptop is not really equipped for games of this kind. I can only dream of add-ons.

But whenever I get my God-complex, I put in the disc and make life miserabel for them! No fundie farm, though. Perhaps we should create a challenge? I can see the Sim-teenagers running from home en masse!

I love that challenge idea! Hoping it happens when I get my new laptop/computer whenever that happens... so I can be part of it. LOL.

Thanks for the advice.. I was a bit leery on nightlife since it seemed to be all about celebs and vampires. I love me celebs and vamps but not when they are over the top and sparkle....lol.

You are enablers! I dragged Sims 3 out and created a young frumper-couple, she stays at home and is already pregnant, cutting coupons all the time, being frugal, gardening, cleaning.. he goes to work and is lazy when he comes home. And they live in Sunset Valley in that trailerlike home with nearly no furniture because he's saving up for his big dreamfarm or something. :twisted:

Hmm... ideas for the challenge...I'm thinking it will be a fundie farm challenge right?

Points for number of children, points for 'kreative' baby names?

Perhaps points for how similar you make siblings - all having the same level of skill points in each skill, because gawd forbid they have individual interests.

Perhaps points for how similar you make siblings - all having the same level of skill points in each skill, because gawd forbid they have individual interests.

Yes! As many similar traits as possible. Bonus points when the girls master the cleaning/cooking skills. (Points deducted if the boys earn cleaning/cooking skill points? lol)

Points for acts or skills that fit traditional roles. We could have a Jinger and make her rebel. There's a rebellious trait in Generations.

What about Sims who have home based business vs. jobs? Even in the basic Sims 2 I believe you can sell paintings to earn money. I know I could with TS2 and just the Nightlife expansion.

I don't have the Generations expansion :(

With Sims 3 you can make money painting, writing, gardening, fishing, sculpting...I think that's it. Oh and collecting gems stones and bugs.

Should we start the challenge with a young adult couple?

Possible rules so far:

- Points for number of children

- Points for 'kreative' names

- Points for sibling similarity: traits, hair style, clothes

- Points for acts or skills that fit traditional roles

- Jinger inspired rebellious sibling

Keep 'em coming!! I'm excited for this :D

maybe add points for how many generations and courtships you can make? that would take a dedicated master player, or someone with a lot of time on their hands (me? LOL).

Bonus points for custom made clothes (fugly jumpers, anyone?)

that is all I can think of. Dang, I can't wait til I get a new computer :(

Archived