IGNORED

A Noble Calling Blog

dairyfreelife

I can't look away from this blog. It's a bit train-wrecky.

Newest post - what she describes as a "light lunch" of pasta salad. It has 1500 calories of pasta, 1000 calories of cubed colby jack cheese, 500 calories of sliced pepperoni, a full tin of olives, as much bottled pre-made dressing as you want, and (I guess to lighten it up) a pepper and 2 tomatoes.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newest post - what she describes as a "light lunch" of pasta salad. It has 1500 calories of pasta, 1000 calories of cubed colby jack cheese, 500 calories of sliced pepperoni, a full tin of olives, as much bottled pre-made dressing as you want, and (I guess to lighten it up) a pepper and 2 tomatoes.

I had the same reaction. Pretty much all of her recipes look like a bland tasting ride to angioplasty town.

Wow. How many people is she cooking for... does anyone know? I mean, obviously it's not healthy regardless, but...

NEVER MIND. I looked it up. She appears to have one sister. One.

Wow. How many people is she cooking for... does anyone know? I mean, obviously it's not healthy regardless, but...

NEVER MIND. I looked it up. She appears to have one sister. One.

Oh my. I didn't even look, I assumed it'd be the usual fundie family of six or eight or twelve.

BUT HONESTLY even if it's for one... think about one serving... a half cup or so of this monstrosity. It'd be all cheap fats, salt, sugar and sulfites. I'm not a saint. I occasionally just microwave a potato and some frozen veg, and bake a piece of fish or a veggie burger. But I don't post my lazy-shameful dinners on the internet, and I have to say I have NEVER eaten anything as nutritionally (or effort-wise) awful as this. And I'm not putting myself forward as a trainee domestic goddess, like this one. I'm just some stupid old professional, working feminist type who - in my spare time - occasionally reads a cookbook.

Thank you so much for that link. this has been a stressful week thus far, but this blog has given me several much needed chuckles!

I don't cook. I love to cook, and I am always excited when I get a chance to cook, but with everything else I do, cooking is one of those things that gets the axe except for special occasions. Luckily for me, Costco exists. And the Costco by me carries a great selection of foods that are healthy and require minimal prep.

But yeah, I don't post them on the internet. And if I did, It wouldn't really matter seeing as I am not trying to portray myself as a domestic goddess. You marry me, you'll get an additional paycheck. We can buy a bigger crock pot and live happily every after.

That, or you can take on enough of my chores to free up time for me to cook from scratch.

Why why WHY colby jack cheese? It tastes like NOTHING. I'm not sure why, out of every god-awful thing in this recipe, that the cheese is what's really standing out for me. Also, can you imagine how SALTY this must be? I say this as a chef with a literal salt collection (ask me about my Himalayan salt block!) and regular margarita drinker. That shit looks salty as hell, yo.

Is it really considered a salad if 99% of it is not a vegetable? I consider a salad to be mostly chopped raw vegetables, with dressing and maybe some pasta, meat or cheese. Not mostly pasta, meat, cheese and dressing, with a tiny token bit of vegetable that magically makes it healthy.

Is it really considered a salad if 99% of it is not a vegetable? I consider a salad to be mostly chopped raw vegetables, with dressing and maybe some pasta, meat or cheese. Not mostly pasta, meat, cheese and dressing, with a tiny token bit of vegetable that magically makes it healthy.

No.

Yes.

Pasta salad, potato salad, fruit salad, Jello salad. Those are all terms that I knew growing up and all refer to different things.

Her recipe isn't a green salad, by any means, but it is definitely a pasta salad, which is what she calls it.

Yes.

Pasta salad, potato salad, fruit salad, Jello salad. Those are all terms that I knew growing up and all refer to different things.

Her recipe isn't a green salad, by any means, but it is definitely a pasta salad, which is what she calls it.

Haha, ok. You're right. I just got excited there for a minute.

Why why WHY colby jack cheese? It tastes like NOTHING. I'm not sure why, out of every god-awful thing in this recipe, that the cheese is what's really standing out for me. Also, can you imagine how SALTY this must be? I say this as a chef with a literal salt collection (ask me about my Himalayan salt block!) and regular margarita drinker. That shit looks salty as hell, yo.

I actually had to look "Colby Jack" up on Wikipedia. Maybe it's an American thing? I've never seen or eaten it. After I read about it and saw the look of it... I don't feel I've missed out.

If I ate the kinds of foods she posts about - pepperoni, salads topped with fried avocadoes and bacon, cheddar cheese in white flour burritos, mascarpone mixed with heavy cream on white-flour scones, oatmeal mixed with gobs of chocolate... I'd be terribly overweight, I'd be anxious and tired, and my skin would be covered with acne. And I KNOW, because I ate that kind of awful food back when I was an obese child/teen.

I actually had to look "Colby Jack" up on Wikipedia. Maybe it's an American thing? I've never seen or eaten it. After I read about it and saw the look of it... I don't feel I've missed out.

If I ate the kinds of foods she posts about - pepperoni, salads topped with fried avocadoes and bacon, cheddar cheese in white flour burritos, mascarpone mixed with heavy cream on white-flour scones, oatmeal mixed with gobs of chocolate... I'd be terribly overweight, I'd be anxious and tired, and my skin would be covered with acne. And I KNOW, because I ate that kind of awful food back when I was an obese child/teen.

Man, Colby-jack cheese is great.

Hater. :D ;)

Nah, it sucks. Let's argue about it! I'm Colby-phobic.

:penguin-no:

Judgmental elitist! You are nothing but a tool of the patriarchy! :nenner:

:wink-kitty: 8-)

Nah, it sucks. Let's argue about it! I'm Colby-phobic.

So you don't like bi-racial cheeses? I think your a racist. I bet you only eat white cheddar too.

Friends! Please! Cheesus died for ALL of us, Colby and Pepper Jack alike, so let us LOVE one another! Let us not bicker and quarrel as the Antipasto do, but let us live together in love, sharing and feasting on tender meats and all manner of cheeses!

Friends! Please! Cheesus died for ALL of us, Colby and Pepper Jack alike, so let us LOVE one another! Let us not bicker and quarrel as the Antipasto do, but let us live together in love, sharing and feasting on tender meats and all manner of cheeses!

I think it would be more fun to get all legalistic and sectarian about cheese. There are serious questions at stake: Is quark cheese really cheese? Is port wine cheese appropriate for a devout family? Would a godly young woman be corrupted by a really sharp cheese? Should cheese be stored at room temperature or in the fridge? Is Velveta the most fundie of all cheeses?

And above all, What Would Jesus Serve With Wine?

I think it would be more fun to get all legalistic and sectarian about cheese. There are serious questions at stake: Is quark cheese really cheese? Is port wine cheese appropriate for a devout family? Would a godly young woman be corrupted by a really sharp cheese? Should cheese be stored at room temperature or in the fridge? Is Velveta the most fundie of all cheeses?

Nice round crackers with brie in puff pastry, English cheddar with carmelized onions, a nice sharp cheddar from a craft creamery in Wisconsin, and a cave-aged blue from Iowa. Served with a nice chardonnay/voignier cross from Chile.

Well, you know, per the fundies on my facebook, the wine jesus made was really non alcholic grapejuice....

Well, you know, per the fundies on my facebook, the wine jesus made was really non alcholic grapejuice....

Because they definitely had the technology to store grape juice without it either fermenting or going bad back in the day. Obviously.

Nice round crackers with brie in puff pastry, English cheddar with carmelized onions, a nice sharp cheddar from a craft creamery in Wisconsin, and a cave-aged blue from Iowa. Served with a nice chardonnay/voignier cross from Chile.

I... I think I've found religion.

Because they definitely had the technology to store grape juice without it either fermenting or going bad back in the day. Obviously.

Here you go, a long explanation of how they miraculously kept fruits fresh for ages and ages... o fcourse most of it looks like pickling or perserving to me (one included preserving in fermenting grape skins... which to me means they were storing them in a version of wine....

anyway, enjoy!

biblicalperspectives.com/books/wine_in_the_bible/3.html

Miss Libby has a new blog... elizabethmaryblog94.blogspot.com

Looks like more of the same... Mistaking mascarpone for clotted cream (yep, there's that excellent homemaking education) and posting a weekly goal list (spoiler... It's mostly blogging).

I popped back out there and there are some changes in the air.

She no longer believes in courtships, quiverfull, the term Stay at home daughter and it sounds like she may be getting ready to go to college... (maybe).

She says her family thought she was nuts to want to marry someone she had never kissed....

And she is over her Duggar worship.

It has an April 6 date, so Im' thinking it is not an April Fools post.

elizabethmaryblog94.blogspot.com/

I popped back out there and there are some changes in the air.

She no longer believes in courtships, quiverfull, the term Stay at home daughter and it sounds like she may be getting ready to go to college... (maybe).

She says her family thought she was nuts to want to marry someone she had never kissed....

And she is over her Duggar worship.

It has an April 6 date, so Im' thinking it is not an April Fools post.

elizabethmaryblog94.blogspot.com/

Wow - and she isn't shy about stating her beliefs, either. (I think some people here consistently underestimate what a challenge it is to look in the mirror, after having invested heavily in a stupendously bad idea, and asking hard questions of the potentially barely-human thing that stares back.)

From the blog...

Women are seen as nothing more than man's servant with their life's purpose being to serve their husband hand and foot. (To clear up a little misunderstanding of this, I am not saying that women should not serve others. But what I am saying is that too often this whole "serving" thing is taken to a place where the women are seen as nothing more than a piece of garbage and a thing to be used and the men are their dictators. Obviously, as Christians, we should serve one another. But here I am talking about the situations where it gets taken to a place where I don't think God meant for it to go.) Excuse me while I say this, but too many of these "Christian" men treat their wives like their little sex slave.

From total Duggar fangirl to this in the space of a year? Impressive. Bonus points for not irreversibly fucking up the lives of other people or her own life before seeing some of the flaws in the beliefs she once had.

Archived