IGNORED

Great Quote Regarding Fundies

GolightlyGrrl

"They are highly submissive to established authority, aggressive in the name of that authority, and conventional to the point of insisting everyone should behave as their authorities decide. They are fearful and self-righteous and have a lot of hostility in them that they readily direct toward various out-groups. They are easily incited, easily led, rather uninclined to think for themselves, largely impervious to facts and reason, and rely on social support to maintain their beliefs. They bring strong loyalty to their in-groups, have thick-walled, highly compartmentalized minds, use a lot of double standards in their judgments, are surprisingly unprincipled at times, and are often hypocrites."- Canadian pscychologist, Robert Altemeyer.

I found this quote in the book "The Party is Over: How Republicans Went Crazy, the Democrats Became Useless, and the Middle Class Got Shafted" by Mike Lofgren. Mr. Lofgren is hardly some far lefty journalist writing for Mother Jones and the Daily Kos. He was a long-time member of the GOP, a member of Congress, and DC insider. And he's fed up with how the fundies and the teabaggers completely co-opted his party.

No matter what party you align with I totally recommend this book. Mr. Lofgren is very thorough and informative while being accessible and funny. His chapter on fundies and the GOP will make plenty of Jingerites nod their heads in agreement.

Yep, that accurately describes them. I must read that book. Thanks for sharing, GolightlyGrrl.

Archived