IGNORED

Whiner Lady bought a gun!

OkToBeTakei

We bought our first gun over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we are about to become official members of the NRA.

As you do the week after a lot of little children get killed.

And we'll need the rest, because when we return, we will begin to pack up our house once more. We are officially in our lease through March, but my husband is in the final stages of interviewing with 2 separate companies and is expecting to have at least one job offer within the first 2 weeks of January. One job will keep us here...one will take us to Chicago!

A house move. Woohoo. Let the whinging commence.

We are very hopeful for the job here, as we love the area, love being close to the ocean and love the mild weather. We do miss the snow, but we can get our fix in Tennessee when we really need one ;) We also love our church and are very involved in the children's ministry, so it will be nice to stay. We have already found a house here and are putting an offer on it today. It will be contingent on Zack getting the job here, but it's a place to start. We're really excited about it as it's way north of our current location- that means out of town and out of traffic! It's also on 3 acres with farms all around. You can see and hear the cows just across the road :) We're ready for some real space.

Wait a minute! Buying a house although no firm job offer. DEJA VU!!

An update is long, long overdue I suppose. To anyone still reading, I must admit that my blog is no longer much of a priority in my life these days. I will post soon on the new direction in which I'm being led

NOOoooo don't go :lol:

I can't even fathom making an offer on a house without having solid work. Does he work now at all? I can't imagine that a bank would back the loan if he didn't. I also didn't realize that you could make an offer on a house contingent on you getting a job. Seems like a bad deal for the homeowner. Granted I don't know a lot about real estate. I've bought exactly one house in my life (when I was 19 no less) and I've lived in it since.

I have no idea. I just can't believe they would put an offer on a house before he has a clue if he is even going to be working in that area. Especially considering they did exactly this last year on some farm, then he did not get the job. They had sold their own home and then needed to rent and OH NOES the laundry room was teeny tiny :cry:

To each their own but they appear to go through houses the way I go through hot dinners.

how can you get a loan on a house if you don't have a job or have recently changed jobs? With all the news laws passed after the housing bust, it's not that easy to get a loan and I couldn't get one until I'd been in my job for three years!

how can you get a loan on a house if you don't have a job or have recently changed jobs? With all the news laws passed after the housing bust, it's not that easy to get a loan and I couldn't get one until I'd been in my job for three years!

That's what I'm wondering. I seriously want to move to a new apartment, but with money being tight and my work history being spotty over the past few years (thanks to temping and working freelance) it may be a while before I can move to some new digs.

I have a feeling Whiner Lady might be partly subsidized by mommy and daddy. She comes across as hugely spoiled.

And I hope for the great city of Chicago her husband gets a job closer to home. Chi-town deserves better than her.

Thank GOD she'll be getting out of that teeny, tiny hell hole she calls home. :roll:

Thank GOD she'll be getting out of that teeny, tiny hell hole she calls home. :roll:

:lol:

I can't even fathom making an offer on a house without having solid work. Does he work now at all? I can't imagine that a bank would back the loan if he didn't. I also didn't realize that you could make an offer on a house contingent on you getting a job. Seems like a bad deal for the homeowner. Granted I don't know a lot about real estate. I've bought exactly one house in my life (when I was 19 no less) and I've lived in it since.

Because god will provide. They force god to act in this case.

She doesn't like the traffic where she is now and her house is too small but she might go to Chicago? Plus, she likes mild weather? If they go to Chicago she will have more than enough whining to keep her blog going for years.

I could check with my daughter who is a Realtor (she is very busy with her newborn), but I am pretty damn sure that they can't get a bank loan with no job. I remember seeing that on House Hunters where the husband was on temporary disability. Their loan was denied.

There is also no guarantee of seeing snow if you drive to Tennessee. Heck, even Vermont wasn't very snowy last winter!

I thought he currently has a job but he's unhappy with it so has been looking for a different one.

Archived