IGNORED

Autumn With The Moodys

desertvixen

Actually, it isn't that bad. Everyone is very stilted and too formal, but look at what she has to work with in her own family.

It's entertaining to see Mr Moody as a Mary Sue for Steve Maxwell (the banker who wants to be a homeschooling Dad).

I love the oh-so-subtle plug for Maxwell products in the body of the story (not to mention the 18 pages of "buy our stuff" at the back).

I find the conversion of Mr. Moody's dad to just be... sad. Unrealistic and sad, and disrespectful from a son to a father.

All the "God will provide" annoyed me, especially since there was no issue with God using an unsaved person as the delivery vector.

WTF is up with the littlest girl's accent/dialect? It was massively annoying and cutesy. I was surprised that the little girl was allowed to get away with being a little girl, except for the one time when she gets sent back to her room.

And the turkey would NOT be defrosted if they just took it out of the freezer that morning - unless they have a pretty small bird. It's something like 30 mins/pound in the cold-water-in-the-sink method... unless the Moodys work on Maxwell time, in which case I guess it would work. Also, why are there no snacks for before Thanksgiving dinner? Pretty much all we do on Thanksgiving is eat and watch football - must be why no one gets saved at our house on Thanksgiving.

It wasn't the most horrible thing I've ever read, but Sarah would definitely benefit from being able to READ more.

18 pages devoted to their products? Srsly? Wow!

So in the book "Steve" gets to bring his dad to the Lord? Interesting how they managed to get a bit of Steve's father complex in there.

They have turkey? Probably only a tiny piece with one animal cracker for dessert?

Indeed. In fact, "turkey" here probably refers to a turkey drumstick that was likely marked down at the grocery. Sheer extravagance.

Indeed. In fact, "turkey" here probably refers to a turkey drumstick that was likely marked down at the grocery. Sheer extravagance.

Well, that's why it didn't take long to defrost then.

Do the Maxwells have an issue with turkey? Lol.

I've always wondered, after having read some Moody excerpts online, if Sarah actually wrote the books or if it was Steve who wrote them and slapped Sarah's name on it as it would be less creepy for her to be the author than him (and would increase the family as a "brand").

That could explain the lack of knowledge about turkey defrosting. I'd think that Sarah would know how long it takes to defrost and cook a turkey.

Just a thought....

It seems to be a whole bird - in the back of the book, there is a section called "Not All Fiction" where Sarah lets you in on the horrible secret that she didn't make some of this stuff up, and says the turkey thing actually happened, I would assume to the Maxwells. At 30 mins/pound, it would have to be a pretty small bird. I made an 11 pounder for Thanksgiving for myself, two other adults, and one child.

I would say Sarah did write it - there isn't a ton of obsessing about death and contrasting buttons.

They really dont seem to eat enough for a family of their size. All of the time, not just Christmas.

I have to agree with you. Also I read the Moody books (I just had to see what the big fus was all about) I wonder if Sarah made the father's parents saved because Steve could not get his mother to be saved. While in the Maxwell family case it is Teri parents who were saved.

It seems to be a whole bird - in the back of the book, there is a section called "Not All Fiction" where Sarah lets you in on the horrible secret that she didn't make some of this stuff up, and says the turkey thing actually happened, I would assume to the Maxwells. At 30 mins/pound, it would have to be a pretty small bird. I made an 11 pounder for Thanksgiving for myself, two other adults, and one child.

I would say Sarah did write it - there isn't a ton of obsessing about death and contrasting buttons.

In that case, as the Maxwells are so blessed, god went ahead and magically defrosted their turkey for them. Hmmm...

Archived