IGNORED

Culture of Death

dairyfreelife

What is Lori TALKING about? My parents are from the same generation as hers and people got divorced all the time in the 50's-70's. Nobody did in my parents' families (although my parents and aunt and uncle almost did a few times) has gotten a divorce but my parents knew plenty of people their parents' age who did.

I'm not sure that gay people only comprise 10% of the population, but even if they were a much larger percentage, a lot of gay couples have kids and there will ALWAYS be hetero people who don't want or can't have their babies or kids. What the hell is with this belief humanity will die out because of the gays, when in fact it's more overcrowded than ever?

As for TV and video games trivialising death and destruction? Sure, some do. I'm a big gamer and I'm a particularly big fan of the zombie genre, but most of the games I play definitely do not make light of death. Okay, maybe Dead Rising. She wants to talk about trivialising death and destruction? What about when that tornado hit Kelly of GC and the stupid bitch just raved about how she was getting brand new appliances because THE LORD PROVIDES and refusing to share any of her bounty with the other victims around her? She didn't care one iota for the death and destruction happening around her, just what happened to her.

It's because some people believe that "white people" will die out by 2050, and those are the people who "count." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lori is an idiot. Her writing reminds me of the things I wrote in my diary in 4th grade. Things that seemed SO IMPORTANT and SMART but didn't address more than the surface area. She's one of the more infuriating fundies, probably because she labels herself as wise. She is NOT "Still Learning" or "Wise"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lori wasn't such a sanctimonious asshole I'd feel sorry for her. Imagine living with that creepy guy, reading over your shoulder and telling you that your worth is directly proportionate to your lady bits. Ugh.

and her daughters are very defrauding in that family photo.

If Lori wasn't such a sanctimonious asshole I'd feel sorry for her. Imagine living with that creepy guy, reading over your shoulder and telling you that your worth is directly proportionate to your lady bits. Ugh.

and her daughters are very defrauding in that family photo.

That is also why I don't feel sorry for her. She has a disturbing attitude towards women too. I did feel sorry for her when I read one of her entries about having chronic pain. But her fanaticism of the Pearls, the force feeding of her granddaughter, and that posting about why women should never refuse sex has pretty much cancelled out a lot sympathy towards her. At times she annoys me more than ZsuZsu and Kelly C.

So...who wants to find the errors in Lori's new post?

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-culture-of-death.html#idc-container

In the 1910's my DH's married great grandmother, a Protestant, was having an affair with the Catholic priest who lived across the street. She committed suicide, on the front porch, by drinking carbolic acid. The newspaper report went into great detail about the horrors of her suffering. She left a young daughter to be raised by relatives.

The Boy in the Box was a famous case in 1957 of a three year old boy found naked, beaten and dead in a cardboard box. They've never been able to identify him

It was about the same year that my classmate and his cousin were fishing in a creek in western New York. They found a shoebox in the middle of the stream, inside was a dead newborn baby. They never found the mother.

Here's the NY Times article about the kidnapping and murder of my great-great-uncle, a 7 year old boy, in 1909. I just realized he went missing a week before my great grandfather's 12th birthday. :(

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.h ... 5B898CF1D3

Very interesting story. How sad that they never found who murdered him.

I went to ring up a Kindle edition of Stephanie Coontz's book, The Way We Never Were. The two negative reviews about the book are so insanely closed minded and ironically prove Ms. Coontz's points all the more.

Reviewer number one is a woman who hates that she has to go to work, leaving her child with her parents, because some sixties housewife decided she was unhappy. The fact that she is choosing to work somehow slips her mind...or else the babydaddy skipped town. Which, of course, would also be the femimists fault, because men would never abandon kids back in the day.

Reviewer number two had this little gem of wisdom..."While feminism may not be the sole reason for the moral decay of society, it is unreasonable to this possibilty out!"

Reviewer number two also says that racism was exaggerated because the black people lived on one side of town and the whites lived on the other and they both shopped at the same stores. Oh, and this sociology researcher is totally wrong about the divorce statistics because he grew up in a Beaver Cleaver family and so did all his friends.

See, that is why I think proper education...to learn how to think, not WHAT to think...is important.

Lori also seems to forget about the racial segregation that happened in the past. I'm sure if she was to talk to elderly black citizens in southern states, she will hear some not so nice stories about the "olden days in the south." Maybe Lori should read The Help.

My grandma left her neglectful, borderline alcoholic, gambling husband when my mom was 1. This was about 1956. She never talks about life then in "the good ol days" way, probably because life was much harder for a working mom then, and she grew up in depression days where peas were a good bday treat.

However, my mom often refers to how wonderful it was back in the good ol' 60s, and how bad it's gotten now, complete with allusions to the grand tv shows like Leave it to Beaver. I've always found this amusing, since she went to daycare, was a "latchkey" kid, and had several seedy experiences with predators..... yet I am the one who had a SAHM, married parents, and a pretty idillic suburban childhood. Doesn't quite add up.

Archived