IGNORED

Whiner Lady is BACK!!!

OkToBeTakei

Ha! My flat is an all in one so the livingroom and the kitchen are the same place ;)

I have a separate bedroom and a toilet (which a. doesn't lock and b. is glass fronted so everyone can see you having a crap).

I like to call it "cosy". :lol: And make sure when it's toilet time for anyone I lead visitors tactfully away.

Ha! My flat is an all in one so the livingroom and the kitchen are the same place ;)

I have a separate bedroom and a toilet (which a. doesn't lock and b. is glass fronted so everyone can see you having a crap).

I like to call it "cosy". :lol: And make sure when it's toilet time for anyone I lead visitors tactfully away.

:shock: Whoever thought to put a glass door on a toilet?! :lol: My place is also very tiny and 'cozy' but it does have a wooden bathroom door, for which I am grateful!

No, you have to be joking. No house is that amazing! That's it, I'm moving....the US sucks when it comes to houses!

Oh I don't know, I'm fascinated by the whole concept of a 'crawl space' Anytime I read Stephen King, a crawl space seems to be mentioned. I still haven't worked out exactly what it is, but it sounds cool and I want one :lol:

Yeah, the rectory was amazing... It had a circular room too, with a bit of a creepy story attached to it. Two old ladies appeared at my aunt's door one day, on a visit home from New Zealand. They were in their 80s. They said they'd lived in the house when their da was vicar and could they see round it. Aunt said of course, eventually they got to the round room at the top, which was never used. One old lady said to the other

'Do you remember Emily...Me over by that wall tied to my bed, and you tied to your cot in the corner.."

My aunt said the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Turns out the old ladies had had a really wicked governess.

Sorry for blethering on, I'm kind of obsessed by houses :lol:

Oh dear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would some form of curtain do the trick? :lol:

Oh I don't know, I'm fascinated by the whole concept of a 'crawl space' Anytime I read Stephen King, a crawl space seems to be mentioned. I still haven't worked out exactly what it is, but it sounds cool and I want one :lol:

Yeah, the rectory was amazing... It had a circular room too, with a bit of a creepy story attached to it. Two old ladies appeared at my aunt's door one day, on a visit home from New Zealand. They were in their 80s. They said they'd lived in the house when their da was vicar and could they see round it. Aunt said of course, eventually they got to the round room at the top, which was never used. One old lady said to the other

'Do you remember Emily...Me over by that wall tied to my bed, and you tied to your cot in the corner.."

My aunt said the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Turns out the old ladies had had a really wicked governess.

Sorry for blethering on, I'm kind of obsessed by houses :lol:

Oh, crawl spaces! I have one (I have a basement under the back end of my house and a crawl space under the front end), it's just the area under a house, usually pipes and stuff are run under there, and it's only a couple of feet high. If you don't have a basement it is accessed by a small door that is usually nailed in place, or secured some other way, we can get to ours from the basement, just have to hoist yourself up (it's about 4 feet off of the basement floor). It's so that plumbers and heater people can get to the underside of the house if needed....also a great place for rats, snakes, raccoons, and the like to live. They hide dead bodies there in movies and books, but it wouldn't work in real life.....it would be hard to get the body in and it would stink really badly (I was a weird kid and used to think about this stuff!).

That is horrible about the ladies that saw your aunt's house! Poor little girls!

Wow, she was complaining of downgrading to that house? It's huge and beautiful (minus her taste in decor). Her living/great room looks bigger than my apartment. I think at least two of my parents' homes could fit in her house. Probably three or four of my grandmother's.

But woe is her, she won't have room to put all of her hideous decorations up. I wonder how long until she starts a kickstarter or gofundme to put an addition on her house.

Archived