IGNORED

TTH- Men should never care for children

SpeakNow

Apparently men caring for children can...

Be creepy

"In the 1980s our first baby was born and I joined a mom’s group particularly geared for moms of infants and toddlers. At a number of our meetings, a young father came with his toddler. He was a stay-at-home dad and proud of it. I found his presence at our meetings as creepy and unnatural as a man walking into a woman’s restroom. I had a very hard time taking him seriously….what a pansy!"

Be dangerous

"Recently, I saw a couple in the street. The man was carrying a baby, wrapped in some sort of scarf, on his chest. I thought, what if a drunk bum or a thug starts to behave aggressively?"

Just plain bad

"I am alarmed at the number of Christian couples who are doing what they think makes sense economically and sending the mom with the better job out to work. This is something that should not be! My husband makes a very comfortable living now but it took him many years of striving away when it didn’t make sense economically, to develop his skills, grow in leadership and in confidence."

Um...okay? These don't make any sense. Laura's just a very strange, bitter, ignorant woman who hates herself. Sad really, what a pathetic existence.

sgjslkfjskldjg

I found his presence at our meetings as creepy and unnatural as a man walking into a woman’s restroom. I had a very hard time taking him seriously….what a pansy!"

FLAMES... ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE! :angry-fire:

Be dangerous

"Recently, I saw a couple in the street. The man was carrying a baby, wrapped in some sort of scarf, on his chest. I thought, what if a drunk bum or a thug starts to behave aggressively?"

BWAHA! Now all I can imagine is a fundie mom having a bouncer for anyone who even tries to look at the baby.

It just sounds like she's pressed that some women are more successful than her husband, which seems to be measure of pride for most fundie women.

I just find it so unusual, I live in an ultradox neighborhood of NYC where it's the norm for most of the chasidic women to be the breadwinners because their husbands are studying the Torah full-time.

Oh puleez! My husband would love nothing better than to stay at home with our daughter (of course he makes the most money so that isn't happening) - but I think it's sweet. Not creepy. In fact, I love it when Dads actually show an interest in their kids. It makes me all mushy inside :romance-heartsfade:

1) I'm guessing a lot of women wild be thrilled to have a husband who willingly helps with the childcare. If she was so uncomfortable with this man around she should have found a group for fundie moms.

2) In my relationship, I am the ass kicker. I'm more physically fit and have had a some self defense training. In her situation it would make more sense to be the one not holding the baby. Anyways, this statement just shows what a hayseed she is. I live in a place where I encounter drunk bums on a fairly regular basis, and you essentially get out of their way and ignore them. Confronting them would only escalate the situation.

3) How kind of TTH to show me the error of my ways. I'm going to quit my job today and let DH work. I would also have to get food stamps and apply for section 8 housing as well, since he makes significantly less and would put us t poverty level in an expensive place to live. I'm sure Laura would totally approve of me living high on the government hog.

BWAHA! Now all I can imagine is a fundie mom having a bouncer for anyone who even tries to look at the baby.

It just sounds like she's pressed that some women are more successful than her husband, which seems to be measure of pride for most fundie women.

I just find it so unusual, I live in an ultradox neighborhood of NYC where it's the norm for most of the chasidic women to be the breadwinners because their husbands are studying the Torah full-time.

I think TTH is actually a man. So much of what s/he says just doesnt ring true to me.

Same here in Chicago of the orthodox women...it seems that a lot of the women work until they have a couple kids under the belt.

No offense to anyone .. but one of my pet peeves is when people say the Dad is "helping" with the kids.

He's not "helping", or "babysitting" - he's being a parent. Just like Mom.

A pansy? A Creeper? Dangerous? and just plain Bad? All for being a good father who is there for their kid?

You know what, her daddy issues are showing. Majorly.

Also, she is probably threatened that these men are far far FAR better parents than she will ever hope to DREAM of!

Assfaced twat-waffler.

Thats awful. A child should be both parents responsibility to raise.

Also, what are men supposed to do if their wife dies, leaving him to raise the kids? Surely he shouldnt have to get married again right away, or put the kids up for adoption and send them to a family with both a mom and a dad?

"TTH" is Lawrence Auster. (Sorry if pretending to think there's a real "Laura" is a joke here and I am harshing people's fun?)

In every TTH thread I've read (and I usually avoid them), someone (correctly) points out that TTH is the alter ego of Lawrence Auster. I don't know why people still think that "she" is a real person. Yes, there are women who hate other women. But there is not one indication that "she" exists outside of Auster's whacked imagination.

My father stayed at home with me and my brother for a while in the 1970s. He couldn't find work, my mom could. We also used food stamps during that time.

Somehow, it didn't keep him from "develop[ing] his skills, grow[ing] in leadership and in confidence" once he found work again.

Really, if someone were to call my dear dad a pansy, I would be way more dangerous than the average drunk.

No offense to anyone .. but one of my pet peeves is when people say the Dad is "helping" with the kids.

He's not "helping", or "babysitting" - he's being a parent. Just like Mom.

Thanks for pointing that out. My error...unfortunately too late for me to go back and edit :oops:

I initially read "TTH" as "tater tot house" and thought it was some grand proclamation coming from Jim Bob. :lol:

Or maybe I've just had too much wine this evening. (And why do we not have a tater-tot smiley?)

Dad stayed home and watched me many a time. Other people called it "babysitting" but Dad called it "being a parent."

Add me to the "TTH may be a man" boat. Something about that is just not adding up to me.

One of my friends was looked after by her stay at home dad, whilst her mother worked. She is now a doctor!! & all her siblings have either finished uni or are at uni now.

A pansy? A Creeper? Dangerous? and just plain Bad? All for being a good father who is there for their kid?

You know what, her daddy issues are showing. Majorly.

That's what I was thinking.

In fundies' zeal to to advocate for the "traditional" family, some have become irrational in their logic. So, a father who wants to change their kids' diapers, feed the child, take it out to play is a creepy person who is a danger to society and to their kids. As others noted, even the TTH notes that some moms make more than dad. Would she prefer that the father goes to work and make a pittance and have the family go on welfare? Which wins out? Fundies' hatred for welfare or fundies hatred of SAHF?

Even many more traditionally biased people I know would agree it makes no sense to have the mother stay home if she made more money. Despite what people feel about the "traditional model", most people think living in poverty outweighs any benefits baby may get from living like a 50's sitcom. I shake my head at the stupidity of any family that would rather live in poverty then have mom work and dad stay home because of some biblical mandate.

In every TTH thread I've read (and I usually avoid them), someone (correctly) points out that TTH is the alter ego of Lawrence Auster. I don't know why people still think that "she" is a real person. Yes, there are women who hate other women. But there is not one indication that "she" exists outside of Auster's whacked imagination.

I thought this was speculated but never proven?

I thought this was speculated but never proven?

So did I, if anyone has confirmation I'd love to see it.

Kidist is in regular contact with both Lawrence Aster and TTH, but while I know she's met Lawrence in person I'm not sure about Laura.and I don't think it would be hard to pull the wool over her eyes if one was reinforcing her prejudices as both of them do.

Somebody matched IP addresses on "both" bloggers' comments once, but I can't find the link. Bat signal sent out to some other folks I know who find "them" grimly hilarious, and if they turn up anything I'll link.

If you can bear to read a bunch of TTH posts, you'll see how "she" gives the game away by quoting Lawrence Auster in every other post. Lawrence Auster's own mother probably doesn't talk about him as much as TTH does! Also, he posts all his lady-oriented stuff over there as "guest posts," like his ridiculous observations about fashion.

...Be dangerous

How odd. I've thought the same thing. "What if someone started something when I had the kids? How would I get myself between them, urge the kids to move on silently, and calm down the aggressor?" Obviously the solution is to always have a (male) bodyguard assigned to every child, so there's always someone to do the child-minding and someone to do the punching.

Archived