IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket

doggie

That's what happened in my town. They were here to protest, but because the event they were wanting to cause a scene in front of was a public school that is in a very out of the way place without much viable places to picket they just didn't show. I was glad to not have to deal with their vile statements, but damn did my friends and I have some funny counter protest signs.

Where I live they always show up to protest. Every millitary person's funeral they are here.The Patriot Guard is always present at the request of the family.

In addition, they have protested my town once and the high school once. They had to show up to protest at the high school twice. The first time they showed up it was a school holiday so they rescheduled and came back the next week.

When they protested the high school they were quiet but held signs that said," Your parents and teachers are liars"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm curious if we'll ever know when Fred Phelps dies or if they'll conceal it for as long as possible. I know from watching documentaries about them that they believe everyone who dies ends up in hell because they were not chosen before the rapture (or something like that). So, if their prophet dies they'll be in for a rude awakening (that is, if they actually believe in the things they say).

Actually, there's a plan for if that happens.

Consider FJ invited to Fred Phelps' Phuneral Protest and Karaoke BBQ!!!!

http:// pastebinDOTcom/2EWcnpRr

edited to break link

Jana, they're a hate group that masquerades as a church. They're known for protesting military funerals with signs that say things like THANK GOD FOR IEDS and GOD HATES DEAD SOLDIERS. WBC believes that the wars in Iraq and Afganistan are due to America's tolerance of homosexuals.

Thank you!!! I've heard of them, & that they protested military funerals, but I didn't know about the other thing about the wars.

Thank you!!! I've heard of them, & that they protested military funerals, but I didn't know about the other thing about the wars.

Well, there are so many counter-protests at military funerals and people are pretty innured to them now. So now WBCs latest deal is to protest funerals of children that die in tragic ways. (Like Susan Powell's children [ http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2012/ ... ir-father/ ])People turned out in droves to counter-protest them.

They also protest everyday in their hometown with signs telling all the things God hates,especially homosexuality.

I htink the town needs to quickly put laws into place requiring a permit for habitual protesters and they should only allow th eprotestors to be right beside the town sewage treatments plant and make sure its within 5 feet of where the trucks bring pumped sewage to dump on that specific day! Wouldn't it be a shame if they got splashed?

The Patriot Guard will not be present in CT. They've announced it on their web page. Seems it doesn't meet their mission.

I have heard rumors that the Freedom Riders might be there. I also know that a group of motorcycle riders from my father-in-law's hometown are planning on riding up to act as a shield. I wonder if the WBC do show up if now will be the time that they push a grieving family member over the edge. The people in that town are going through enough hell without having these nitwits show up

The Patriot Guard will not be present in CT. They've announced it on their web page. Seems it doesn't meet their mission.

Now I wonder if that is because they are predominantly NRA members or affiliates or sympathisers, are therefore not keen on legislation to restrict the sale of guns, and have decided that they don't want to be involved in anything that might be a catalyst for restriction of their Second Amendment rights?

Mission statements can be convenient things, can't they?

Maybe I'm just cynical.

Now I wonder if that is because they are predominantly NRA members or affiliates or sympathisers, are therefore not keen on legislation to restrict the sale of guns, and have decided that they don't want to be involved in anything that might be a catalyst for restriction of their Second Amendment rights?

Mission statements can be convenient things, can't they?

Maybe I'm just cynical.

I think that their mission is about protecting fallen soldiers from WBC only. They also gave Aurora a bye.

This happened in 2008 when Tim McLean was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while he was on a Grey Hound bus that was traveling in Manitoba. Canadian boarder patrol were under orders not to allow the family/church members into the country. They were were searching ppl looking for signs, poster and pamphlets while some of them were turned away at the border a few got through bc they weren't carrying what they were looking for. They did however not protest like they had planned to bc they were scared of being harmed or arrested.

I was thinking it was when that young man was killed ~ such a horrible thing. :(

Yeah we might be a fairly quiet bunch but they'd have gotten their arses kicked no doubt.

If there's a hell, I guarantee someone will make sure these bastards' rooms are ready. Some people have no fucking respect or decency at all.

They also protest everyday in their hometown with signs telling all the things God hates,especially homosexuality.

^^ This is actually a really serious issue for Topeka & Kansas writ large that many overlook. I'm not saying protesting at funerals is okay, it's obviously horrible, but luckily, the arrival of the WBC in a community outside of their own is always accompanied by counterprotests (which would make me feel a little better if I were among the affected, god forbid), and they always leave. I grew up in Topeka (around the corner from the WBC, actually), and they've had a hugely detrimental impact on the community because they never leave. Because they're out with signs literally every day, tons of businesses have left town, and many regional companies that would have otherwise used, say, the Kansas Expocenter for annual conferences or symposia or whatnot pull out after a drive through town because it's that bad. This means millions of dollars in revenue are lost every year due to the WBC, and with that go local jobs. Topeka's always been pretty depressed economically, and the WBC is only hurting the area further.

^^ This is actually a really serious issue for Topeka & Kansas writ large that many overlook. I'm not saying protesting at funerals is okay, it's obviously horrible, but luckily, the arrival of the WBC in a community outside of their own is always accompanied by counterprotests (which would make me feel a little better if I were among the affected, god forbid), and they always leave. I grew up in Topeka (around the corner from the WBC, actually), and they've had a hugely detrimental impact on the community because they never leave. Because they're out with signs literally every day, tons of businesses have left town, and many regional companies that would have otherwise used, say, the Kansas Expocenter for annual conferences or symposia or whatnot pull out after a drive through town because it's that bad. This means millions of dollars in revenue are lost every year due to the WBC, and with that go local jobs. Topeka's always been pretty depressed economically, and the WBC is only hurting the area further.

I had no idea about this. It is understandable though, since I can imagine if a group like this set up shop in a town around here, it would have serious negative repercussions. I feel bad for your community having to put up with them.

I'm one of the adult advisors of my church's youth group. Today, the kids brought up the WBC and discussion of a human shield counter-protest, and were very vocal about wanting to participate. I told them that it's important to follow one's conscience, but that I did not want our group doing anything that might put them in harm's way. After all, we advisors are adults, and responsible for the wellbeing of the teens in our group.

If anyone is curious to see what wbc protestors/protest looks like then take a peak in the humanity done right thread #13 boy takes a stand against hate. He hold a God hates no one sign. The rest are wbc protestors protesting at the university in Topeka.

I think that their mission is about protecting fallen soldiers from WBC only. They also gave Aurora a bye.

They limit themselves to fallen soldiers, police officers, firefighters and other first responders. Their main purpose now is to attend such funerals in general, not just if the WBC is protesting. They're basically volunteer funeral guests for a specific set of people they believe died serving their country. So I can see why they don't open their services to just any civilian funeral.

Someone on Facebook posted a list of the personal email addresses of many of their members last night. Not sure if it was legit or not, but it was very quickly removed and the page shut down, but I'm sure that someone got a screen shot and reposted it somewhere. I can't imagine the number of emails that went out.

My cousin's wife is a Native American and from CT. Many of the groups she belongs to are planning to human shield the funerals. There is a huge local peaceful counter protest being organized in case WBC does show.

Here you go: http://www.anonpaste.me/anonpaste2/index.php?8c608d94d1ee3821#FiaZrHfYHyz1CQ35ixReGlvZpfrFVjhxvmMsneXZ7C0=

The original page was shut down, but the mirror site was not.

Just a head's up - not everyone on the list Anonymous posted is associated with WBC. Innocent people are being harassed thanks to their actions.

Archived