IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church planning to picket

doggie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a huge chance they won't show up. They have backed out before. They backed out of picketing the Aurora shooting victims memorial. My cousin lives in Denver and she drove to Aurora to be apart of the human wall that was organized to keep WBC away from the speakers.

If I could get to Connecticut to be part of the crowd that drowns out these asses I so would.

If they wind up going in the next couple of weeks, I'll be in CT and I'll be damned if I'm not going to be in that crowd.

There is a huge chance they won't show up. They have backed out before. They backed out of picketing the Aurora shooting victims memorial. My cousin lives in Denver and she drove to Aurora to be apart of the human wall that was organized to keep WBC away from the speakers.

I'm predicting this is a publicity stunt of some sort. They thrive on the public backlash and hatred. If people are cursing them, then they think they are doing it right.

Damn! I heard rumors, but I had no idea if they were true or not. I wish I could be part of the counter protest but I'm on the other side of the country. I am feeling fiercely protective of the people who will attend the funerals.

The mayor of the little town next to me has the USA's first openly transgender mayor. WBC came out to protest our mayor and folks showed up to counter protest (it was the first counter protest that I remember hearing about). Men showed up wearing dresses and holding signs that said "We love our mayor" etc. It was great! I've never been so proud of my little town. I don't know if it got any press coverage, but I have a picture tucked away, somewhere of the counter protest.

*edited to add "openly" to transgender. He was mayor previously, and I am quite sure there have been other transgender mayors who felt the need to keep silent.

I will bet one hundred Internet dollars that they don't show up. This is their schtick these days - threatening/promising to picket some horrific thing, getting outraged coverage in the media, and not bothering to follow through.

I'd be ecstatic if the media just ignored them. I think once Fred dies, unless Steve Drain steps up, the cult will fold. That'll be sad, because it'll send a ton of very mind-warped people out into the world instead of keeping them in one concentrated place, but maybe it'll save some of the little ones.

well we knew this was going to happen. the vultures are circling Show true godly love.

http://www.examiner.com/article/connect ... -to-picket

A79FMS0CAAAT5EG.jpg

552056_503269509702507_2006242783_n.jpg

1DDfHh.jpg

SRGdih.jpg

If somebody feels the urge to massacre a large group of people, why choose a school and not the members of the WBC family??? With the exception of the children of course.

I'm not advocating murder, but if you must......

I don't think they will show up either, but if they do, I hope there are some existing laws to keep them away from the school, churches/funeral homes handling the funerals, and the family homes. Grieving parents, and a grieving community have enough to deal with.

Someone on Facebook posted a list of the personal email addresses of many of their members last night. Not sure if it was legit or not, but it was very quickly removed and the page shut down, but I'm sure that someone got a screen shot and reposted it somewhere. I can't imagine the number of emails that went out.

My cousin's wife is a Native American and from CT. Many of the groups she belongs to are planning to human shield the funerals. There is a huge local peaceful counter protest being organized in case WBC does show.

I hope they are all talk on this one. Emotions are extremely high with this tragedy, I mean these were sweet, innocent kids, people not even connected to these families feel touched by this. If they show things could get ugly quick, and I would hate for them to make money off this tragedy from lawsuits off an emotional Dad who cold cocks one of these bigots in the head. It will be very hard to find the right emotions to block them out with so many families left hurting from this.

I will bet one hundred Internet dollars that they don't show up. This is their schtick these days - threatening/promising to picket some horrific thing, getting outraged coverage in the media, and not bothering to follow through.

That's what happened in my town. They were here to protest, but because the event they were wanting to cause a scene in front of was a public school that is in a very out of the way place without much viable places to picket they just didn't show. I was glad to not have to deal with their vile statements, but damn did my friends and I have some funny counter protest signs.

I'm glad we have hate speech laws in place that keep these sorts of groups from forming (at least publicly) up here in Canada. I believe WBC tried to come up here once to protest and they were kept from even entering the country, something like that.

Are they THAT willing to risk their own lives though? Because I think that's what they'd be doing if they actually dare to try their shit with this tragedy.

(maybe the town can enact some kind of emergency bylaw that prevents their protest?)

There was a town or city that tried that before and IIRC they weren't able to because of legal issues.

You know, I used to find them oddly amusing in the sense that they were absolutely ridiculous and everyone could see that. My feelings changed the day they were going to picket the Amish school shooting. Now this and I am just beyond disgusted. I really don't have the words.

Anonymous hacks several WBC sites also posts (publicly available) personal and professional contact information. (Bonus: the above link include a hyper link that takes you to an interview where an Anonymous representative hacks a WBC website in real time, during an interview with Shirley Phelps Roper. I found the live hack amusing.)

Jana, they're a hate group that masquerades as a church. They're known for protesting military funerals with signs that say things like THANK GOD FOR IEDS and GOD HATES DEAD SOLDIERS. WBC believes that the wars in Iraq and Afganistan are due to America's tolerance of homosexuals.

They are the complete opposite of everything they proclaim to be. Their signs praise god for whatever tragedy they are "protesting" while ignoring the other commandment of loving your neighbor. I hate these people with a passion.

I'm curious if we'll ever know when Fred Phelps dies or if they'll conceal it for as long as possible. I know from watching documentaries about them that they believe everyone who dies ends up in hell because they were not chosen before the rapture (or something like that). So, if their prophet dies they'll be in for a rude awakening (that is, if they actually believe in the things they say).

I'm glad we have hate speech laws in place that keep these sorts of groups from forming (at least publicly) up here in Canada. I believe WBC tried to come up here once to protest and they were kept from even entering the country, something like that.

Are they THAT willing to risk their own lives though? Because I think that's what they'd be doing if they actually dare to try their shit with this tragedy.

This happened in 2008 when Tim McLean was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while he was on a Grey Hound bus that was traveling in Manitoba. Canadian boarder patrol were under orders not to allow the family/church members into the country. They were were searching ppl looking for signs, poster and pamphlets while some of them were turned away at the border a few got through bc they weren't carrying what they were looking for. They did however not protest like they had planned to bc they were scared of being harmed or arrested.

Archived