IGNORED

It's official....Billy G believes mental illness is evil...

marmalade

Me too. Honest truth: I had to search Billy Graham to see if he was even alive.

Yeah, G=Graham is the first thing I thought.

I loved science when I was a kid and devoured books on physics and astronomy I was also depressed a lot and one day my mom told me she thought the reason I was depressed all the time was the stuff I read. Nope, nothing to do with a condition that should have been treated with therapy or pharma, it was the stuff I was reading. Evil science and all. :roll: I got prayers, a restricted reading list, and years of suffering.

I'm pretty sure that's an indisputable fact.

YES THAT. Gothard is an utter cunt.

It also amuses me that his name says Got Hard. It may be my inner 12 year old boy but that's funny right there.

I loved science when I was a kid and devoured books on physics and astronomy I was also depressed a lot and one day my mom told me she thought the reason I was depressed all the time was the stuff I read. Nope, nothing to do with a condition that should have been treated with therapy or pharma, it was the stuff I was reading. Evil science and all. :roll: I got prayers, a restricted reading list, and years of suffering.

What the ... ? I hope you are now getting the therapy and/or drugs you need and are catching up on your reading. I cry for every child whose parents self-diagnose.

I thought this was referred to Billy Graham at first....

Gothard hates mental illness; this really isn't a surprise. Gothard hates everything

It takes one to know one!

Not surprised. I had a evangelical nursing instructor imply I had anxiety disorder because I was an atheist. Then, when I told her I had AD even when I was a Christian, she pulled out the old "no True Scotsman" argument and said that I couldn't have been a real Christian then.

I was told this too. And I was a faithful Christian before. My anxiety meant I did not trust God enough. My depression was because I didn't trust him enough. Getting on the pill for my cycles because I could not function was not trusting God enough and taking away his control (I was a virgin at the time and wasn't with anyone, so how I was preventing "God's will" for children I have no idea as I was obviously not going to become pregnant). I wasn't "Christian" enough.

Guest Anonymous

It's in Bill Gothard's economic interest to denounce mental illness as evil. After all, the money spent on shrinks, anti-depressants and anti-psychotic medications is money that's not being tithed to him and his church.

YES THAT. Gothard is an utter cunt.

It also amuses me that his name says Got Hard. It may be my inner 12 year old boy but that's funny right there.

Alas, my inner 12 year old is sniggering right there along with you . . . :(

Although it's not really that funny when you think of all those young girls he fondles . . .ewww!

Gothard, Graham et al can all kiss my ass, as well. I suffer from something (it's been either ADHD, depression, or anxiety) and without my medications, I probably wouldn't have the life I have now. I kind of like the life I have now compared to before, even if it ain't right out of Norman Rockwell....

Again, screw you, got hard.

Alas, my inner 12 year old is sniggering right there along with you . . . :(

I didn't see it until mirele spelled it Got Hard. Now I can't not see it.

Archived