IGNORED

Recommend a book to read next?

Maggie Mae

• 2 weeks later...

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. You have to give the first book about 150 pages, but then they're like crack. (And each book is about 900 pages long.) Everyone I've recommended them to has gotten addicted.

The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Spreads into a whole series.

Murder with Peacocks (and series) by Donna Andrews.

How did I not know that The Goose Girl was part of a series?! This is big news!

If you're into urban fantasy (think werewolves and vampires who have nice respectable professional day jobs) as well as strong female protagonists, try the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.

I haven't read them all, I pick them up in charity shops as they come along....but I have really enjoyed Sarah Paretsky's series of books about the female private investigator V.I Warshwaski. They are a series of detective stories, but V.I is a wonderful character and most of the tales take place against a gritty Chicago backdrop.

I haven't read them all, I pick them up in charity shops as they come along....but I have really enjoyed Sarah Paretsky's series of books about the female private investigator V.I Warshwaski. They are a series of detective stories, but V.I is a wonderful character and most of the tales take place against a gritty Chicago backdrop.

I love those books!!!!!!

Archived