IGNORED

Rebeccaleventy got her house all did up for Christmas!

contrary

Sad that she doesn't see through the Maxwells. I think their Christmas tree is lovely, though, and their house looks tidy. I can't fault people who take care of what they have, even if it's not much.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sad that she doesn't see through the Maxwells. I think their Christmas tree is lovely, though, and their house looks tidy. I can't fault people who take care of what they have, even if it's not much.

Well, right, they don't have much. But I'm surprised they aren't doing more to market their daughters (in true fundie fashion) to get them out of the house and off their financial burden? I think they are both over 20 if I'm not mistaken. I suppose they are just happy having them share a bedroom and living at home.

I must confess, I thought their tree was pretty. I like colored lights and big ornaments myself, but then I'm only a generation or so out of the trailer, so my Christmas taste may not be up to par.

I must confess, I thought their tree was pretty. I like colored lights and big ornaments myself, but then I'm only a generation or so out of the trailer, so my Christmas taste may not be up to par.

Oh, I think their Christmas tree was lovely, and really, Christmas trees are personal by family taste, for sure, and I never think of them as a sign of affluence or lack thereof. I just think it's a bit tragic that Rebecca and her sister are in their 20s and still sharing a bedroom in a 2-bedroom trailer with apparently no hope in the immediate future of them finding husbands.

I hope Rebecca wises up about the Maxwells at some point. Steve would never allow a courtship between one of his sons and her for several reasons.

I highly doubt that will happen. I agree the courtship will NEVER happen as much as I am sure she is praying for it to happen.

As far as I can tell, Rebecca goes to a normal church. But it looks like all the families there have younger kids. I think she would forget about the Maxwell boys if she had more opportunities to meet people her own age.

I only see three pictures too, but the presents are nicely wrapped (and they're celebrating!!!)

Certainly if I had to choose to be part of the Eleventy family or the Maxwell family I'd pick the Eleventy family in about 0.02s. They actually seem, like, ALIVE, y'know?

Wow I too find their tree very pretty! I'm a bit surprised. Also, scroll down to their recent cake and petits fours that they made. They are really cute! They've improved a lot on their cake decorating. I think the pics that don't look framed might be in frames that are more plain.

Glancing over her Xmas decorations, it looks pretty nice, even if it's not TV perfect looking. My family is not Christian and but we first came to this country, we tried to do the Xmas thing like putting up a tree. We got cheap decorations because we didn't know any better and decorated based on what we knew. It looked worse than Rebecca's tree so I'm not going to snark too much on her efforts!

I agree that Rebecca seems like sweet girl, probably sheltered and crushing on the Maxwell boys. I hope she never gets close to a fundie guys like them. I bet if given the right exposure and socializing, she'd turn fundie-lite/mainstream. Marrying the Maxwells, while improving her economic situation, would only turn her more fundie without realizing what she's been missing out.

I am always amazed by how lush and thick America Christmas trees are - even the fake ones! Her tree looks way nicer than ours ever do, ornaments too :D

^ I think its because real trees here are usually monterey pine, so the fake ones are made to look like them. However I think i've seen faux fir trees at either DJs or Myer before, but Target has the best trees for the best price.

This girl seems lovely. She doesn't have the prideful arrogance most fundie bloggers have.

The tree does look nice. I'm kind of touched by their efforts to make their home look festive.

Though she doesn't realize it, Rebecca and Steve-o are actually complete opposites. She's a guileless optimist who takes people and ideas at face value. Steve, for all his Jeeeeesus talk, is cynical and pessimistic to the core. He would make her life miserable if she married one of the "boys," and the saddest thing is that she would blame herself.

not dumb!

Many of our bloggers are very enthusiastic, and use a lot of exclamation points. When you make a whole row of exclamation points, but don't hold down the shift key, it makes ones.

thus: !!!11!!!!11!!!! eleventy!

Rebecca is a repeat offender.

Thanks for explaining this. I thought it might be something like that, but wasn't sure how it worked. That's my own question for the day resolved too!

I see Rebecca as a bit of a pure soul too. She's a bit simple, but seems to have a good soul. As someone else mentioned she likely has the same crappy beliefs as other fundies but take her out of that situation I don't see her being judgmental and arrogant.

In some ways she would make the perfect fundie wife...but I think she deserves better. I hope she meets a man who doesn't take advantage of her naivete.

That's how i feel, too...I think she is one of the few we follow who (a) isn't prideful and seems genuinely kind, and (b) honestly WOULD love to raise a family and be a SAHM.

Lots of women really do find real, solid fulfillment from this, and I imagine Rebecca to be one of them. Her education is limited, but her intentions seem good, and she's kind and has some spunk.

I hope she does find a kind man who will be grateful for what she has to offer.

None of this, of course, detracts from the distaste i feel for their overall belief system. Rebecca may be LUCKY to find real fulfillment from the sole role available to her, but what if her own daughters don't?

I thought her decorations were very nice. I like seeing a family get to do the whole Christmas tree/ornament thing. A lot of the fundies we read about are afraid of the fun. You can love Jesus and still have fun.

I believe she's upset with FJ crowd

hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-have-something-to-say.html

So, let's see...she's apparently getting comments on her blog that has sparked this. And it is her option to approve them or not, but it is good that she is reading them if nothing more than to open her eyes to her lifestyle from the outside perspective.

But then I wonder if she's been reading on FJ? She probably wouldn't have found it without some help. I wonder if Stevie pointed her in our direction. Or maybe a commenter on her blog? We will probably never know.

Personally, I like when the fundie bloggers join FJ and defend themselves (I believe there have been a few -- Daniel and Jaynee Lockwood come to mind, and it seems like there were others).

Guest Anonymous

Well said, Rebecca. I am glad she is standing up for herself, even if I have joined in the general snark about her relationship with the Maxhells.

I am particularly bothered that she has received messages suggesting she has been abused. That did come up on FJ briefly and was vile and totally unfounded, but I thought it had gone away pretty swiftly. I am sorry someone saw fit to post their allegations on her website.

Edit to add: I also feel rather bad that she has obviously been brooding on all this for more than a year, judging by the kind of issues she has brought up and the timing of those issues at FJ.

Good for her for posting that. I always like when fundies have a spark of defiance in them. Maybe it will lead to something more...

If she is truly choosing to not wear make-up and dress that way because that is what she likes, than good for her. But with so many of these families it is hard to tell if they are really choosing that or dressing that way because they know their parents would disown them if they dress any other way.

Rebecca, please if you are reading here, run far, far, far, far away from the Maxwells. Steve will suck all the life out of you. You can do so much better than a Maxwell. You are too good for them.

Well said, Rebecca. I am glad she is standing up for herself, even if I have joined in the general snark about her relationship with the Maxhells.

I am particularly bothered that she has received messages suggesting she has been abused. That did come up on FJ briefly and was vile and totally unfounded, but I thought it had gone away pretty swiftly. I am sorry someone saw fit to post their allegations on her website.

Edit to add: I also feel rather bad that she has obviously been brooding on all this for more than a year, judging by the kind of issues she has brought up and the timing of those issues at FJ.

Well, something must have happened to make her pop. Either she was getting some negative comments on her blog or she finally read everything here. The wedding photos (or renewal of the vows photos) seem like a really long time ago -- over a year, maybe.

I'd like to invite her to participate here and maybe help us understand her take on her lifestyle. She's 21 years old, no driver's license, presumeably done with her homeschooling, no job, no courtship. What does she do all day?

And yes, Rebecca, if you read here, run away from the Maxwells. They think they are way too good for you, but you, my dear, are way too good for them.

Archived