IGNORED

I feel bad for Olivia

longskirts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how "inhabitable" is actually a typo. It means "fit to live in".

And yes, I find some of Olivia's theology very obnoxious... but even someone with dumb opinions doesn't deserve to get stuck raising multiple children she didn't give birth to.

"Being at a Christmas Parade and saying, "Hey! I have those PJ pants!" after a girl in a hoodie and said pants walked past. Nothing says cultural decline like not getting dressed in real clothes before leaving the house."

Seriously? What a straight up nasty thing to say. I was raised to not make fun of other people's clothing. It's terribly rude. Especially for someone who claims to be so modest.

Olivia's enitre blog post from 12/10/12 (bolding mine):

I don't know much about blogging but I thought blogger was free and have never heard anyone else mention having to pay for extra storage space. Which make me wonder just how many pictures of herself is this "modest" girl posting? I don't think modesty means what she thinks it means.

Blogger is free. Photo storage is free only to a point, then you have to buy extra space.

I'd quite lost track of these folks for a bit. I wonder what Daddy does to support the 'farm'? They have one milk cow, and it looks like a couple of feeder steer. Hell they milk Blossom in the field. But these folks worship at the alter of Doug Phillips (is a tool) so the trips to Europe are ok. I'm kinda wondering about the nekkid male bas reliefs though.

And now from a fashionista POV, I am adorned head to toe in gray polar fleece, except for m perky red suede slippers. My fashionably bobbed silver hair was just cut last week and my wattles are benefiting from the pounds of retinol and collagen I apply daily. Squee! My lifestyle commentary includes snacking on chicken liver mouse (avec les chanterelles) and three buck Chuck chardonnay. Since the chardonnay is now empty, I'll open a bottle of Chucks sauvignon to ostensibly add to the crock pot.

I like the idea of perky red suede slippers. I am decked out in flannel pajamas with owls on them and owl slipper socks in front of a fire. Fashionable and practical as I can't seem to get the baseboard heat to work right. I am going to go out on a limb and say fj could come up with an epic thread for hair and fashion.

I think the mother was teasing Olivia because of her typo, not responding to the sheet person.

"Habitable" and "inhabitable" are both correct in US English, though.

Why Olivia is homeschooling- she mentioned in another post that her mother was in bed all week, not sure if this was for bed rest for another blessing or if she has some other illness.

Why Olivia is homeschooling- she mentioned in another post that her mother was in bed all week, not sure if this was for bed rest for another blessing or if she has some other illness.

And WTF is DaddySir doing in the meantime?

And now from a fashionista POV, I am adorned head to toe in gray polar fleece, except for m perky red suede slippers. My fashionably bobbed silver hair was just cut last week and my wattles are benefiting from the pounds of retinol and collagen I apply daily. Squee! My lifestyle commentary includes snacking on chicken liver mouse (avec les chanterelles) and three buck Chuck chardonnay. Since the chardonnay is now empty, I'll open a bottle of Chucks sauvignon to ostensibly add to the crock pot.

I have no idea which part tickled me so, but this paragraph almost made me shoot a chocolate covered almond out of my nose. THAT did not tickle.

I have no idea which part tickled me so, but this paragraph almost made me shoot a chocolate covered almond out of my nose. THAT did not tickle.

And I'm sitting here in a black/red trouser suit as I have to go to a job interview today. That's one more reason to feel bad for Olivia, she's seven years younger than me. At her age I was renting a flat and working full time; and what's more I worry that at 26 she'll still be in the same place. Even if I'm unsuccessful, I will be able to put it down to experience and get some feedback from the employer as to what I could have done differently. If Olivia was in my position, she would consider it proof that females aren't supposed to work anyway.

"Being at a Christmas Parade and saying, "Hey! I have those PJ pants!" after a girl in a hoodie and said pants walked past. Nothing says cultural decline like not getting dressed in real clothes before leaving the house."

Seriously? What a straight up nasty thing to say. I was raised to not make fun of other people's clothing. It's terribly rude. Especially for someone who claims to be so modest.

See, this doesn't bother me so much because it's rude to leave the house in pajamas. If everyone else has to put on real clothes, so do you (general you, referring to folks in pjs in public).

See, this doesn't bother me so much because it's rude to leave the house in pajamas. If everyone else has to put on real clothes, so do you (general you, referring to folks in pjs in public).

I don't think it's rude as long as your "privates" are covered. (Not that I've done it, but that's only because I'm paranoid that they'll get soaked if it rains and then I'll have nothing to wear for bed, lol).

Anyway, we weren't there. The PJ pants could have been jogging bottoms. I definitely feel it's ruder to comment on them. If it's not affecting her, why would she need to mention it?

Anyway, we weren't there. The PJ pants could have been jogging bottoms. I definitely feel it's ruder to comment on them. If it's not affecting her, why would she need to mention it?

How is it any different than snarking on frumpers or flip-flops? Those things also don't affect anyone else.

People can comment on clothes they think are silly or inappropriate. I'm assuming she didn't insult anyone in person.

How is it any different than snarking on frumpers or flip-flops? Those things also don't affect anyone else.

People can comment on clothes they think are silly or inappropriate. I'm assuming she didn't insult anyone in person.

We don't have anything against frumpers or flip flops in and of themselves, not as long as people choose to wear them. What we are snarking on is the people who teach some wearers that if they don't, they're a horrible sinner who is going to hell. Of course, the PJ wearer could be equally oppressed, but the difference is we wouldn't rudely comment on anyone's attire in front of the person no matter how out of place the clothing choice seemed, KWIM?

We don't have anything against frumpers or flip flops in and of themselves, not as long as people choose to wear them. What we are snarking on is the people who teach some wearers that if they don't, they're a horrible sinner who is going to hell.

Nobody teaches that if you don't wear flip-flops you're going to hell.

By the way I have no problem with that snark. I think it's perfectly okay to snark on frumpers as a fashion choice or on pjs. As long as you don't confront the wearer and harass them.

Blogger is free. Photo storage is free only to a point, then you have to buy extra space.

Maybe if she deleted some of the eleventy million pictures of herself that she has up. Maybe that is what God is trying to tell her.

"Habitable" and "inhabitable" are both correct in US English, though.

She had originally written that she wanted to keep the house "inhabitable" when she meant "habitable" which is what the mother was teasing her about.

I was curious as to the mother's illness, so I went to the family blog. I was surprised to find the mother is almost indistinguishable from the children. I didn't look too long, so I didn't find out what was wrong with mum. Anybody know?

Nobody teaches that if you don't wear flip-flops you're going to hell.

Lady Labia would disagree. I once tried to comment on one her shitty posts about feminine dress in which she equated housewives wearing flip-flops with heathen slobs. In my comment I tried to politely point out the problem with her thinking. Those of us with neuropathy in our tootsies only find comfort in slippers and squishy flip-flops. Instead of expressing Christ-like compassion she didn't post my comment.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

She had originally written that she wanted to keep the house "inhabitable" when she meant "habitable" which is what the mother was teasing her about.

They mean the same thing.

And VooDooChild, we were talking about fundies who DO wear flip-flops. Not fundies who hate flip-flops.

I saw that longskirts. The quoted part just reminded me of that incident, and I thought I'd share it as an aside.

Someone mentioned above deleting some of her ten thousand pictures to free up more space. Perhaps if she would only post a single pic of her outfits she would have a bit more free time and space on her blog. It would also be a bit more in line with the whole modesty theme. I do feel bad about her having to take on so much responsibility at her age. She should be away at school having a good time, making friends and a life, and discovering what makes her tick.

And this is one of the many reasons it makes only sense for homeschooling to be controlled by the state. Fundies go on and on about how terrible public school teachers are, but how can you believe that a teenage older sibling is going to be better than any adult who has, you know, actually studied to do that job?

I most definitely agree with you, Dinorah. I knew it wasn't right but disobeying our parents simply wasn't an option. They had no limits on the beating, starving, and emotional shaming techniques they used to control us. :?

I was curious as to the mother's illness, so I went to the family blog. I was surprised to find the mother is almost indistinguishable from the children. I didn't look too long, so I didn't find out what was wrong with mum. Anybody know?

From one of Olivia's replies to a comment: "She's seen lots of doctors and they all agree her problem is thyroid/adrenal fatigue triggered, which unfortunately takes a long time to heal."

I have thyroid problems, severe sleep problems (I sleep about 2-3 hours at most, and even then it's not 'good' sleep), most likely have sleep apnea and so much fatigue it isn't even funny. Yet I still get up and do what I need to do. I've seen lots of doctors, too, and not a one has told me to sit in bed and do nothing all day. With problems like this, they want to get strength built up, but you won't be able to do that if you don't do anything.

We don't know the whole health situation of her mother, but I don't think Olivia should have to take over the whole house, as well as homeschool her siblings. Homeschooling is something her mother could do sitting at the table, or on the couch.

Archived