IGNORED

I feel bad for Olivia

longskirts

freshmodesty.blogspot.com/

At age 19, she has to homeschool and mother three siblings plus run a farm. She's trying to finish writing a sewing ebook, but she doesn't get to use her sister's computer much.

I think she should get an out-of-the-house job that pays her and buy herself a laptop.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't sound like a fun situation, how much there's only so much pity I can have of the fact that she will no longer have the time to take photos of herself in lots of different outfits and that blogging is now taking "all" of her spare time. Btw, I'm always baffled by these oh-so-modest maidens who put a million photos of themselves on the internet.

And why does she have to take over her mother? Is her mother ill or something? That's another obvious issue with homeschooling, what happens if one or both homeschooling parents become unable to do it?

It doesn't sound like a fun situation, how much there's only so much pity I can have of the fact that she will no longer have the time to take photos of herself in lots of different outfits and that blogging is now taking "all" of her spare time. Btw, I'm always baffled by these oh-so-modest maidens who put a million photos of themselves on the internet.

And why does she have to take over her mother? Is her mother ill or something? That's another obvious issue with homeschooling, what happens if one or both homeschooling parents become unable to do it?

Re: the bolded part: I have no idea, but I do know that my mother, who committed to home school all 4 of us through graduation, got burned out once I got in 12th grade and had me homeschool my siblings then in 8th & 10th grade so she could return to working full-time since she didn't feel "fulfilled" at home anymore. I homeschooled them for two years until I moved out at age 19.

Guest Anonymous

Poor little girl and how sad that she will no longer have time to post her cleavage-enhancing outfits on a daily basis.

I think it is wrong that anyone has to homeschool or be homeschooled by an unqualified sibling. But I am equally nauseated by SAHDs who seem to spend their lives preening and telling other people how to live.

Go do some work, Olivia. You'll not be missed.

I believe her mother has had health problems for some time.

I generally like homeschooling, but if the parents are unable to do it, then the kids should be in school, not passed off to a teenage girl. Same with the farm. Her family moved to this farm because they were joining a fundamentalist church that emphasizes agriculture, and then when they can't maintain it themselves the manual labor falls on their oldest daughter.

This family used to be a little less fundie, maybe more like fundie-lite. Their family blog is howardfamily.blogspot.com and you can see the daughters once wore pants and they lived in town.

I also feel bad for the siblings being raised by a distracted sister.

Guest Anonymous
I believe her mother has had health problems for some time.

I generally like homeschooling, but if the parents are unable to do it, then the kids should be in school, not passed off to a teenage girl. Same with the farm. Her family moved to this farm because they were joining a fundamentalist church that emphasizes agriculture, and then when they can't maintain it themselves the manual labor falls on their oldest daughter.

This family used to be a little less fundie, maybe more like fundie-lite. Their family blog is howardfamily.blogspot.com and you can see the daughters once wore pants and they lived in town.

I also feel bad for the siblings being raised by a distracted sister.

All I'm getting is a single post on what looks like an abandoned blog?

I've always felt that this blog was her way of putting herself out there on the marriage market, even as a teen. If boys/men can see how pretty and ladylike she is, she must be a catch, you know?

Still, there's nothing modest about it.

Guest Anonymous

Wow so her mother posts a similarly vapid array of photos. It is hard to imagine these people getting involved in the dirty work of farming. :lol:

Re: the bolded part: I have no idea, but I do know that my mother, who committed to home school all 4 of us through graduation, got burned out once I got in 12th grade and had me homeschool my siblings then in 8th & 10th grade so she could return to working full-time since she didn't feel "fulfilled" at home anymore. I homeschooled them for two years until I moved out at age 19.

And this is one of the many reasons it makes only sense for homeschooling to be controlled by the state. Fundies go on and on about how terrible public school teachers are, but how can you believe that a teenage older sibling is going to be better than any adult who has, you know, actually studied to do that job?

What do you mean? Charge who for what?

" I'm out of Blogger storage (again) and I can't bring myself to shell out $30 a year yet"

i thought it was free

Guest Anonymous

" I'm out of Blogger storage (again) and I can't bring myself to shell out $30 a year yet"

i thought it was free

Where is the quote from?

Where is the quote from?

Olivia's enitre blog post from 12/10/12 (bolding mine):

Hey y'all! So, turns out I'm not Super Woman. I can't take over all of my mom's duties, a lot of my sisters' duties, watch three rambunctious kids, keep up a blog, do the animal chores, keep the house inhabitable, go to Christmas and wedding events, and write a 50+ page eBook without a computer devoted to me. There's a lot to balance, and I'm stressing. I shouldn't be, but I am. I know girls who can do all this, and I admire them so.

My every plan so far has been spoiled this morning, and something's gonna have to give. I can't post yesterday's outfit pictures because I'm out of Blogger storage (again) and I can't bring myself to shell out $30 a year yet... so, I figure that must be God's way of giving me grace to say au revoir to this blog for a week or two until I get the eBook finished and the bedsheets changed.

I love y'all, but when all my "spare" time is already spent blogging, it's hard to get time (and a computer-- I have to borrow my sister's that she does a lot of her school on) to get the eBook ready!

I know you'll understand. Thank you so much for being so incredibly patient with me! Blessings on your Advent season!

I don't know much about blogging but I thought blogger was free and have never heard anyone else mention having to pay for extra storage space. Which make me wonder just how many pictures of herself is this "modest" girl posting? I don't think modesty means what she thinks it means.

Isn't she the charmer who came here, pretended to be someone else, and started her own thread on "how cute" she was... all to get higher page clicks on her blog?

Isn't she the charmer who came here, pretended to be someone else, and started her own thread on "how cute" she was... all to get higher page clicks on her blog?

Really? HAHAHAHAHAHA :D How modest of her... :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I think that was Rebecca the Unusual?

Wow so her mother posts a similarly vapid array of photos. It is hard to imagine these people getting involved in the dirty work of farming. :lol:

But they seem to have it all, skinny cattle, log house, girls playing volley ball in floor length skirts, super masculine male daddy. You are just jealous Annie :lol:

Guest Anonymous

But they seem to have it all, skinny cattle, log house, girls playing volley ball in floor length skirts, super masculine male daddy. You are just jealous Annie :lol:

Shut up, or I'll start a thread in chatter where I post my outfit and hairstyle every day. Then you'll be sorry!

It'll certainly take some heat off the Maxwell girls. If people here think they need haircuts and make-up on a daily basis then they will have a field day with my average scrunchie and moisturiser and out of the door routine.

Shut up, or I'll start a thread in chatter where I post my outfit and hairstyle every day. Then you'll be sorry!

It'll certainly take some heat off the Maxwell girls. If people here think they need haircuts and make-up on a daily basis then they will have a field day with my average scrunchie and moisturiser and out of the door routine.

I'd quite lost track of these folks for a bit. I wonder what Daddy does to support the 'farm'? They have one milk cow, and it looks like a couple of feeder steer. Hell they milk Blossom in the field. But these folks worship at the alter of Doug Phillips (is a tool) so the trips to Europe are ok. I'm kinda wondering about the nekkid male bas reliefs though.

And now from a fashionista POV, I am adorned head to toe in gray polar fleece, except for m perky red suede slippers. My fashionably bobbed silver hair was just cut last week and my wattles are benefiting from the pounds of retinol and collagen I apply daily. Squee! My lifestyle commentary includes snacking on chicken liver mouse (avec les chanterelles) and three buck Chuck chardonnay. Since the chardonnay is now empty, I'll open a bottle of Chucks sauvignon to ostensibly add to the crock pot.

I feel bad for Olivia too. Granted, she annoys me, but she has a lot on her plate.

I can't take over all of my mom's duties, a lot of my sisters' duties, watch three rambunctious kids, keep up a blog, do the animal chores, keep the house inhabitable, go to Christmas and wedding events, and write a 50+ page eBook without a computer devoted to me. There's a lot to balance, and I'm stressing. I shouldn't be, but I am.

In the comments, one of her friends advises her to take some fun time for herself, and "So what if the sheets don't get changed for a week?"

and Olivia's MOTHER responds

Actually, I would prefer we keep the house habitable, not inhabitable :-)

WOW. Just wow. How about change them your fucking self then?

Archived