IGNORED

Taliban Tony quoting Richard Dawkins?!?

ladyamylynn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm...wow? I would wonder if he was hacked, but it looks like he's been quoting this stuff for days at least. Although I'd be surprised if he fully understood what he quoted about irreducible complexity.

So, fundie christian to faux jew to...questioning humanist? Wonder how Lina feels about it? :lol:

If he's gone down the strict vegan route, then he'll be exposed to a lot of new ideas. The vegan community has a lot of atheist and humanists.

And I see Lina's not covering her hair.

AJ is definitely not wearing a kippah, either. Guess he's not wearing one to bed anymore, eh? :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I don't have a Facebook. I don't even have a fake Facebook. Can somebody please do a copy-and-paste job here? I always like catching up with Lina.

I'm guessing parenthood has made them tired and bored of their old bullshit.

I don't have a Facebook. I don't even have a fake Facebook. Can somebody please do a copy-and-paste job here? I always like catching up with Lina.

I'm guessing parenthood has made them tired and bored of their old bullshit.

This is just one of several:

“Creationists who attempt to deploy the argument from improbability in their favour always assume that biological adaptation is a question of the jackpot or nothing. Another name for the 'jackpot or nothing' fallacy is 'irreducible complexity' (IC). Either the eye sees or it doesn't. Either the wing flies or it doesn't. There are assumed to be no useful intermediates. But this is simply wrong. Such intermediates abound in practice—which is exactly what we should expect in theory.†From: The god Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Original thoughts of his:

Has anyone else ever thought about how illogical it is that we humans still observe a seven day week? Other than convenience, perhaps, there is absolutely no reason to follow a seven day pattern. The idea of the universe being 'created' in seven days has been debunked as mere superstition, so wouldn't it be a bit more logical to recon the passing of days according to Earth's rotation around it's s

tar?

Additionally, it would be perfectly reasonable to break the yearly rotation into logical blocks of five days or maybe ten days with the remaining days strewn about in whatever way.

It's time for the UN to standardize a more logical approach to reckoning time here on Earth, in my opinion. An approach that is not so conducive to religious battles and division.

And one that boggled my mind:

I have observed that it is rather difficult for one individual to see any good in another individual if the first perceives in the latter some abhorrent or inexcusable attribute—whatever that attribute may be.

Furthermore, upon observation, it seems as though this 'abhorrent or inexcusable' attribute is often something as petty as a perspective regarding religion.

I would wager that these biases are often subconscious, and, in my opinion, the only way to overcome such biases is to attain for an open-minded and humanity-devoted state of consciousness. Humanism, perhaps.

Someone's reply to the directly above (same last name, so possibly related):

There is truth!!! The truth is our Great Creator and everything that is written about Him!!!! Y'Shua taught us all how to walk perfectly in that truth...and He was the greatest humanitarian of all ages!! And He looked at the souls of all humans and loved them enough to lay His life down for them!!! I want to be like my Savior!!!!!! THE TRUTH!!!

29 November at 13:50

Hmmm :think: Sounds like TT is stepping on some toes.

I think there's a picture of her son on her facebook page in photos. If so, he looks adorable. I hope they are changing. Those children being raised in such an isolated, out there, sexist environment bothers me.

Guest Anonymous
Additionally, it would be perfectly reasonable to break the yearly rotation into logical blocks of five days or maybe ten days with the remaining days strewn about in whatever way.

Totally! Remind me, which décade of Frimaire are we in now?

It's time for the UN to standardize a more logical approach to reckoning time here on Earth, in my opinion. An approach that is not so conducive to religious battles and division.

They may well be changing, but they still cling on to this weird (typical fundy / conservative conspiracy theorist) belief that the UN has unimaginable power. Hey, UN, can you change how the whole world marks the passing of time? Thanks.

ETA: Thanks for the copy-and-paste, samurai_sarah.

Totally! Remind me, which décade of Frimaire are we in now?

They may well be changing, but they still cling on to this weird (typical fundy / conservative conspiracy theorist) belief that the UN has unimaginable power. Hey, UN, can you change how the whole world marks the passing of time? Thanks.

ETA: Thanks for the copy-and-paste, samurai_sarah.

I read that as well. I really don't know what to say to that. While I figure he's just posting thoughts, it's clear that hasn't been though through well. It's not really so simple, which is why most people aren't asking for it to be changed. Yes, time is recognized on a Biblical scale in a way with BC and AD and we have attempted some changes to BCE, but the idea of changing all the time measures, days, years, scales, weeks, etc. is so complicated my thoughts are to just let it go and use it as a history lesson. It would involve changing all knowledge of time to change things, rewritting history books to fit time frames, changing all work schedules and payment schedules, holidays, taxes, etc.

Maybe actually being married and actually raising actual kids impacted their previous beliefs? It'd be nice to see some people grow out of marriage advice.

If he's gone down the strict vegan route, then he'll be exposed to a lot of new ideas. The vegan community has a lot of atheist and humanists.

This times 100. The majority of us super cool vegans are ebil feminists-sexual politics of meat anyone? Many in the vegan community are ecofeminists and our whole philosophy is kind of built around the idea that men are not these superior creatures over animals. I wouldn't be surprised if they became influenced by some vegan ideals.

This times 100. The majority of us super cool vegans are ebil feminists-sexual politics of meat anyone? Many in the vegan community are ecofeminists and our whole philosophy is kind of built around the idea that men are not these superior creatures over animals. I wouldn't be surprised if they became influenced by some vegan ideals.

Hey, if you've got the time, I'd like to learn more about ecofeminism. PM me? I heard about it in one of my classes, haven't been able.to find much on it since that brief paragraph in a textbook.

• 4 weeks later...
How did I miss this? HOLY SHIT.

QFT. I missed it too, only found it on search after reading Alecto's post. I was stunned for about 6 minutes.

Guest Anonymous

QFT. I missed it too, only found it on search after reading Alecto's post. I was stunned for about 6 minutes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TT still sounds like a know-it-all. I suppose it is that age, plus being a white, middle class male. Is it just me, or does TT become an instant expert in every movement that appeals to him? He's always preaching something and telling other people how it is. Not a drop of humility in that one. Whatevs, though. I prefer him as an obnoxious atheist rather than an obnoxious faux Jew. He will be obnoxious regardless, until he grows into the idea that he is just another flawed human being.

But PROPS for not stealing my religion anymore, Lina and Anthony. And for looking around you with open eyes, unshaded by dogma. You guys sound like a lovely, modern young couple now.

But PROPS for not stealing my religion anymore, Lina and Anthony. And for looking around you with open eyes, unshaded by dogma. You guys sound like a lovely, modern young couple now.

no joke!

TT still sounds like a know-it-all. I suppose it is that age, plus being a white, middle class male. Is it just me, or does TT become an instant expert in every movement that appeals to him? He's always preaching something and telling other people how it is. Not a drop of humility in that one. Whatevs, though. I prefer him as an obnoxious atheist rather than an obnoxious faux Jew. He will be obnoxious regardless, until he grows into the idea that he is just another flawed human being.

Lina still has a quote from Nachman of Breslov on her facebook page, so I'm not entirely certain she's done with faux-Jewry? I hope so, though. Since she's super into submission and she and TT are still together, I'd guess she'll been done with the faux-Jew thing soon, though, if she's not already.

Like, I said on MBOB, I wish she was still blogging, because even (perhaps, especially) as a militant atheist she would be amusing.

Archived