IGNORED

2012 Arndt Christmas Photo

0 kids n not countin

The sister having her hair down makes a big difference in not looking like she's 10.

It's also refreshing to see a fundie family picture that isn't crazy matchy-matchy.

Too bad everything else about that family is still creepy.

Proof that you can't tell just by looks if a family is "normal" or not. If I didn't know better, I would never guess how fucked up the family dynamic of the Arndts is.

Proof that you can't tell just by looks if a family is "normal" or not. If I didn't know better, I would never guess how fucked up the family dynamic of the Arndts is.

Uh, well I do think by the sheer number of them it is a bit off a tip-off that they are not exactly mainstream normal.

Uh, well I do think by the sheer number of them it is a bit off a tip-off that they are not exactly mainstream normal.

Also the fact that they've done a family photo with at least 8 adult siblings in it, and no sign of any spouses or grandkids anywhere. Which is not necessarily so unusual until you remember that none of the adult siblings have any spouses or children. Contrast that against even the new Botkin family photo and it comes out...strange :?

seeing a picture like this with all those adult men looks more like a crowd than a family. I just don't get how they can spend the time needed for each one in such a large setting. Personally I think it is too many for one family all the time. It is more like the large family gathering you'd expect around special occasions or holidays, not something on a regular basis. And to me, this family sure doesn't look "normal." I mean who has 14 ever-children??

Well, I have to say that a few of the guys are quite cute. It's too bad because if they had a more normal upbringing, that photo would show spouses and grandkids.

I think it is odd that no body is touching each other. I looked at every family Christmas card I have received so far and all have someone touching someone - like an arm around someone one, or leaning on someone's knee - you get the picture (pun not intended).

Wizzy is in pants, so that's definitely not fundie-normal.

Momma Arndt wears shorts.... but don't let them fool you, they're hardcore fundies.

Also the fact that they've done a family photo with at least 8 adult siblings in it, and no sign of any spouses or grandkids anywhere. Which is not necessarily so unusual until you remember that none of the adult siblings have any spouses or children. Contrast that against even the new Botkin family photo and it comes out...strange :?

Exactly. If I had to guess what they were, I'd guess one of those college courses that gifted high school students are eligible for. I wouldn't guess family.

Do all those males do their own ironing? 2x14 sleeves with sharp creases in them adds up to --- a bloody lot of ironing! Maybe one of the Duggars should marry one of these boys, Grandma Duggar is a pretty experienced ironer isn't she.

Do all those males do their own ironing? 2x14 sleeves with sharp creases in them adds up to --- a bloody lot of ironing! Maybe one of the Duggars should marry one of these boys, Grandma Duggar is a pretty experienced ironer isn't she.

It looks like the guys are all wearing exactly the same shirt, (LL Bean?) in different colors. That's match-matchy imo.

Wow, the girl looks much older. Is she 15? Definitely looks her age now. I guess she was just a late developer. I know that's common, so I never liked the snark on her looking so young, but I think this should put an end to it.

I can't imagine being a mother and having that many adult men around me and knowing they've all come from me...I mean I'd be proud (if they were contributors) but it must be freaky to be amongst a crowd of men like that and you spawned them all. I don't think I've ever been at a social gathering with such an imbalance, must be so funny for that to be your family.

It is a bit sad they are all unmarried and childless though.

The Arndts creep me out. Like they really wanted a girl and kept having boys so they just said " f*** it, we're going to keep trying no matter what. " And of course they turned out weird, Safe at Home just sounds like brainwashing in the title.

Archived