IGNORED

Muslim Feminist

Sunnichick31

Someone reblogged this on Tumblr today and it makes me so mad!

“The reason ‘Muslim Feminist’ is such a detrimental term is because it is an oxymoron. The reason western feminism came about is because European women needed to revolutionize their degenerative society. The thing is, 1400 years ago, Prophet Muhammad (may Allah [God] exalt his mention) came with a message from Allah (swt) [The Creator of all that exists] that revolutionized the degenerative society of that time. It changed the lives of both men and women. This message was divine, it is Islam, it is perfection as it comes straight from Allah (swt). Feminism is a human ideology, a human made system, it has many flaws. That is why the term ‘Muslim Feminist’ does not make sense, why do you need an imperfect system to help perfect a perfect system? Doesn’t make sense. We are very blessed to have this perfect system that enforces absolute justice from the One Above All. A Muslim is one who submits to Allah, submits to His commandments which includes the rights and equality of all—this is perfection and we do not need any other name or any other system to help bring this about.†(via heartsfindrest)

This was my reply

Allah has given us rights alhumdulilah, but unfortunately people try to strip us of those rights which is why we need feminism. All over the world women are denied rights or treated like second class citizens. Even in countries which claim to treat men and women as equals, we are still mistreated and underrepresented. For example, women are expected to be a certain way (have a career, get married, have 2 kids, put them in daycare to focus on career) and if she does anything other than that, she is treated as if she is making the wrong choice. If she doesn’t want kids, then she must be a cold hearted b——-, if she wants to be a stay at home mom, then her life must be boring and unfulfilled.

We need feminism so that we have our God given rights and so that we are not shamed for the choices we make.

Women in developing countries need feminism even more. They need to know that they can get an education, they can work if they choose, they have the right to divorce if needed, and they aren’t damaged goods if they are raped.

I’m proud to say that I am a Muslim feminist and I will raise my future daughters and sons to be feminists too.

Let's ask Malala if the Taliban gave her the rights that she is given in Islam. Lets ask women from Saudi Arabia if they have their rights. Lets ask the women in Afganistan who were not able to see a doctor if they were given their rights under the Taliban, oh wait, we can't cause they died of infections which could have been prevented or treated, but they couldn't see a doctor because female doctors were rare and they weren't allowed to see male doctors.

I HATE it when people say we don't need feminism. :evil:

(edited cause part of the original post ended up being grouped with my reply.)

Muslim feminism is especially necessary in some countries because cultures don't change from the outside. I had an Iranian professor who was adamant that Islam gives women rights that they have been denied in his home country, and he had specific verses from the Quran to back that up. We do need feminism, everywhere.

Muslim feminism is especially necessary in some countries because cultures don't change from the outside. I had an Iranian professor who was adamant that Islam gives women rights that they have been denied in his home country, and he had specific verses from the Quran to back that up. We do need feminism, everywhere.

Bolded for truth! How can people not understand that??

Ther's a chapter in Nicholas Kristoff and Sheryl WuDunn's book Half the Sky that addresses whether islam is inherently anti-woman. They say NO! and point out the many passages in the Koran that prove their point. The anti-woman stuff existed in those cultures before Muhammed.

The problems start when people add tradition to religion. That's when it all gets fucked up. Plus misogynists will find a way, religion or not.

Someone reblogged this on Tumblr today and it makes me so mad!

This was my reply

Let's ask Malala if the Taliban gave her the rights that she is given in Islam. Lets ask women from Saudi Arabia if they have their rights. Lets ask the women in Afganistan who were not able to see a doctor if they were given their rights under the Taliban, oh wait, we can't cause they died of infections which could have been prevented or treated, but they couldn't see a doctor because female doctors were rare and they weren't allowed to see male doctors.

I HATE it when people say we don't need feminism. :evil:

(edited cause part of the original post ended up being grouped with my reply.)

:clap: Your reply was spot-on!

Archived