IGNORED

50 shades of failure

DarkAnts

Tonight at the grocery store, I saw 50 shades of gray in the childrens book section. Someone was either a naughty gnome or clueless. I have submitted it to fail blog (http://cheezburger.com/6848964864). I know the photo quality is bad, but I was laughing too hard to keep my hand from moving. I suggested that the store manager have the books moved. He did not know what BDSM was so I was trying my best to explain it in polite terms. I finally said it was a somewhat taboo sexual relationship.

wHIboLJpDUG7UfnOhpA82A2.jpg

Oh. My. God. Nobody should read that book. Especially children. It's not even a portrayal of a healthy BDSM relationship

Oh. My. God. Nobody should read that book. Especially children. It's not even a portrayal of a healthy BDSM relationship

I have not read it. I dont plan on reading it. I prefer to read sci-fi and fantasy.

I have not read it. I dont plan on reading it. I prefer to read sci-fi and fantasy.

Indeed. I also prefer to read books that are well written :shifty:

I've never actually read it, but I did read a blog/website where the author had and kind of cliffnoted the entire book, chapter by chapter. I personally wouldn't be caught dead reading a book that started off life as a twilight fanfic. I hate twilight. This book makes creepy, abusive Edward into even creepier, more abusive Christian.

Are you sure it wasn't someone's sick joke? Because it cannot meant to be like that. I know how some kids walk around in Costco sometimes and deliberately misplace items into the wrong section then high five and laugh, even upload it to 9gag or cheezburger to let the entire world see what artful pranksters they are.

Are you sure it wasn't someone's sick joke? Because it cannot meant to be like that. I know how some kids walk around in Costco sometimes and deliberately misplace items into the wrong section then high five and laugh, even upload it to 9gag or cheezburger to let the entire world see what artful pranksters they are.

Yeah, I dont see how anyone with half a brain could have shelved it in children's books. One of the covers has handcuffs on it ffs.

there is a reason why it's so popular on kindle. You can safely read books you would never be caught checking out of the library or purchasing in regular book form. of course my kindle only has the finest of literature on it :whistle:

Yeah that must have been a prank ~ even if you didn't know what the books were about, you still wouldn't think it was a kids book just by the name and covers alone.

I'm one of those annoying people who actually read and enjoyed the books... and I admit, I enjoyed Twilight too LOL oh well. :-p

Twilight was like crack. I started reading it and couldn't stop. The plot is horrible, the writing is like on a third grade level, Belle is annoying, Edward is creepy and the ending is fucked up beyond all words, but I was all "Please don't speak to me, I'm reading Twilight." I swear it was addicting.

Her other book(I can't remember the name at the moment) was a tad better, but it still had an alien that sparkled. I guess she likes things that glitter/sparkle. LOL

That's why I said that it was either a naughty gnome or a clueless person.

Twilight was like crack. I started reading it and couldn't stop. The plot is horrible, the writing is like on a third grade level, Belle is annoying, Edward is creepy and the ending is fucked up beyond all words, but I was all "Please don't speak to me, I'm reading Twilight." I swear it was addicting.

Her other book(I can't remember the name at the moment) was a tad better, but it still had an alien that sparkled. I guess she likes things that glitter/sparkle. LOL

Yeah I'd initially forbidden anything to do with Twilight in out house (I'm a reformed fundy) and then I gave in and let my daughter bring the first movie home... It was all lost after that, as we both became crazed Twilight fans for a while LOL

I never did read her other book, the alien one... maybe I should.

I've never actually read it, but I did read a blog/website where the author had and kind of cliffnoted the entire book, chapter by chapter.

This is my favorite 50 Shades snark blog. It saves me from having to read the book.

http://50shadesofwhy.tumblr.com/

I am enjoying both of those immensely. I think the only thing funnier than ripping apart 50 shades and twilight, is watching/reading quotes of Robert Pattinson ripping apart both the movies and the books. You can tell he seriously, seriously regrets accepting the role of Edward.

I am enjoying both of those immensely. I think the only thing funnier than ripping apart 50 shades and twilight, is watching/reading quotes of Robert Pattinson ripping apart both the movies and the books. You can tell he seriously, seriously regrets accepting the role of Edward.

YES - I still wish he would bathe more often, but his snarking over the movies/books is awesome.

50 Shades makes me want to start writing Romance Novels (I have no idea why I just capitalized that) again. Surely I can come up with some break-a-way hit book that doesn't suck.

Although, I'm not sure if I could handle the criticism. The money would be nice, but I would hate to turn on my TV and see people making fun of passages that I wrote and thought were decent.

I read them ALL! Much to some of my friend's disgust. I was though reminded of just about every fiction I had read on http://www.fanfiction.net/

Haha. Sometimes you have to take one for the team. I actually told a friend out of sheer badness The first 50 Shades book was good. She got about 15 pages in :lol:

Twilight. I think again fanfiction gone wrong. But hey ho.

My Dad's girlfriend gave me the trilogy for my birthday feeling I needed to read "real" books instead of the types I normally do.

I'm normally not one to toss books into the trash, but after she left I did so. I like to think I spared the library a new victim reader.

I wish Ana's name was Rose, so that every time she had a scene where she was on top I could imagine Christian screaming out in passion, "I've....been...kissed by a Rose on the Grey." I found the idea of Christian referring to his penis in the third person as "The Grey" as wildly hilarious.

YES - I still wish he would bathe more often, but his snarking over the movies/books is awesome.

Do you suppose he also regrets his bank account and all the other movie roles he now gets because of his higher profile?

Do you suppose he also regrets his bank account and all the other movie roles he now gets because of his higher profile?

Indeed. Biting the hand that feeds him and all...

• 2 weeks later...
50 Shades makes me want to start writing Romance Novels (I have no idea why I just capitalized that) again. Surely I can come up with some break-a-way hit book that doesn't suck.

The concept makes me want to write a decent BDSM novel. I haven't even tried to read this beast yet.

OkToBeTakei

I read them ALL! Much to some of my friend's disgust. I was though reminded of just about every fiction I had read on http://www.fanfiction.net/

Is there anything on fanfiction.net that you think is worth reading?

Archived