IGNORED

Smug and FB

ladypuglover

He even put up a caption to one of the food pictures that said something like "Dinner and a show. Get it? If you eat out too much, it'll SHOW!" ha!

He even put up a caption to one of the food pictures that said something like "Dinner and a show. Get it? If you eat out too much, it'll SHOW!" ha!

:? :roll:

I'll bet he gets some sort of deal out of plugging all of these places. I feel like the Duggars have become one big living advertisement for any business that comes their way. So much for being "set apart from the world"... :snooty:

I don't think that is the case, he's only got about 25 friends on this facebook account.

They are always boasting about Anna's amazing cooking....maybe she's not that great after all, and Josh keeps making excuses to go eat out. :?

I could see that. I remember when I came home from my first college (where I didn't have a car) being able to get in my car and drive to any fast food place I wanted and buy whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted felt like the greatest luxury in the world. It was a way to remind myself that I wasn't trapped, that I had control over my life.

His love of food makes me feel bad for him. Under different circumstances, he might become a cook and learn to appreciate food that was more healthy.

I have an adult friend who ate very fattening, processed food as a child. His family was poor. He loves to eat out. It isn't that his wife is a bad cook, just that he gets some sort of satisfaction from eating away from home.

Can I just point out at where I live the (Atlantic) ocean is around the same temp in April/May/October, and that still doesn't stop us going all the way in if the weather's nice? And one of my friends grew up near the great lakes, where the water is easily in the 40s and 50s. Not bath temperature, no, but that doesn't mean it's not swimming temperature, or that you're super special for going into such "cold" water...

Also, he's my age, and I'm cringing at his posts. They sound like something I would've written in middle, maybe high school....anyone else feeling the same way?

I give him the benefit of the doubt on that. Weather tolerance is an interesting thing. I live on the West Coast of Canada and I complain when it's 12 degrees outside. My father-in-law was in Chennai India when it was 17-23 degrees and there were news stories about people dying of exposure.

I think that food is one of the only "safe" arenas in which a fundie can express pleasure. When I was dipping my toes into the fundie kool-aid (to mix metaphors), I felt like I was so limited in what I could enjoy. The vast majority of movies, TV and books were out (and the ones that were acceptable were awful), dancing could be too suggestive, gossipping was sinful, and even talking and joking honestly with friends (i.e. letting the "everything's perfect" facade drop) was like betraying Christianity. Food was the one thing of which it seemed acceptable to show enjoyment. At that time, I found that almost all of my status updates on facebook were about food.

By the way, though I love so much of what is said on this board, the bodysnarking on Joshua Duggar has always troubled me. When he is insulted for his weight, everyone else who is overweight is insulted at the same time. And a lot of my loved ones are overweight. It seems sort of strange that we on free jinger shame him for his body, something that the fundies so often do. Who cares if he gained weight after he got married? There's nothing shameful about his body, or anyone else's, no matter what it looks like.

By the way, though I love so much of what is said on this board, the bodysnarking on Joshua Duggar has always troubled me. When he is insulted for his weight, everyone else who is overweight is insulted at the same time. And a lot of my loved ones are overweight. It seems sort of strange that we on free jinger shame him for his body, something that the fundies so often do. Who cares if he gained weight after he got married? There's nothing shameful about his body, or anyone else's, no matter what it looks like.

THIS. I was going to say, can we please stop the fat-bashing? But then Petals came along and said it way more eloquently and way more nicely than I would have.

Wow. I've never seen someone relish in Taco Bell before. That was truly demented.

I have but he was visiting from England. :D

Can I just point out at where I live the (Atlantic) ocean is around the same temp in April/May/October, and that still doesn't stop us going all the way in if the weather's nice? And one of my friends grew up near the great lakes, where the water is easily in the 40s and 50s. Not bath temperature, no, but that doesn't mean it's not swimming temperature, or that you're super special for going into such "cold" water...

Oh, hells NO! I am a total weenie when it comes to cold water. The coldest I will do is the 70 degrees of spring water.

I can't agree. I'm overweight due to an underactive thyroid (once you gain it, it's almost impossible to lose). No one is concerned when we snark on Boob looking a bit zaftig.

For me, the issue is that he is so YOUNG. An active 23 year old should not be carrying extra weight, especially since his own father didn't start getting a paunch until he was in his 40's (which is natural). I really think this kid is headed for an operating table if he doesn't change his diet.

It also bugs me because I considered becoming a dietitian and took a lot of classes that even pre-meds don't have to take. For me, it has nothing to do about anyone else who is overweight; as I stated, people think I'm a fat lazy slob, but I eat better than 90% of the population 90% of the time. Other people have other reasons why they're overweight and if I don't know their situation I would never dare make a judgment call.

That said, Josh Duggar can easily remedy his issues by eating better. I was serious when I said someone needs to send them a copy of "Supersize Me." No matter how healthy he was before he started putting on the lbs., he is doing damage to his body that can be repaired if he cleans up his diet. The movie will put Anna on board (she never lost all of her baby weight and at 22, the weight should have dropped off her previously skinny frame).

So yeah, until he cleans up his diet and loses the 40 year old paunch, I will hammer HIM. Not anyone else. Just HIM.

:clap:

If you are overweight due to poor diet and/or lack of exercise, you should be called out. It's not healthy and someone needs to help you realize it. Smuggar has no illness or condition that would explain the weight gain. He's lazy and he doesn't eat correctly. Maybe being snarked on might make him change his lifestyle.

And the last time I checked, it's Smuggar's name that is on the title to this thread, no one else's. You have serious issues if you feel the need to make this thread about you.

THIS. I was going to say, can we please stop the fat-bashing? But then Petals came along and said it way more eloquently and way more nicely than I would have.

I agree, Lainey. There are a ton of character flaws and out-and-out creepiness from Josh that make much more sense to snark on. Would he be more acceptable if he was a thin judgemental patriarch?

In my opinion, it's chicken-shit to snark on someone because of their looks. It just makes you look like an insecure jerk.

If you are overweight due to poor diet and/or lack of exercise, you should be called out. It's not healthy and someone needs to help you realize it. Smuggar has no illness or condition that would explain the weight gain. He's lazy and he doesn't eat correctly. Maybe being snarked on might make him change his lifestyle.

And the last time I checked, it's Smuggar's name that is on the title to this thread, no one else's. You have serious issues if you feel the need to make this thread about you.

Guess what? Whether or not someone is overweight is none of your damn business! So quit worrying about it, and try worrying about real problems.

Josh chooses to make himself a target not only with being on the show but being so very smug about everything! He's totally earned the nickname Smuggar. And he doesn't seem to be trying to turn around his bad food habits at all.

Josh chooses to make himself a target not only with being on the show but being so very smug about everything! He's totally earned the nickname Smuggar. And he doesn't seem to be trying to turn around his bad food habits at all.

Don't get me wrong, I heartily dislike Smuggar. But why does he have to turn his food habits around? Because you say so? If he dies or gets sick, it's his own issue. I just don't understand why people think it's their business if someone else - someone they don't even know - are overweight.

I made a comment about him posting pictures of food and being a glutton but I didn't mean in the way of being fat. I meant his needing to document everything but I find the same quality annoying in people who take pictures of everything they do. I can't make fun of him for being fat personally. I'm overweight so I just wouldn't do that. It's mean. Also, when did fat become some sort of character flaw? People treat fatness like it needs to be cured. I would get that, if it were based on health but a lot of people, it seems like, just feel others should be thin. Did anyone read that article a while back about some woman being "disgusted" with the show Mike and Molly for showing fat people? I don't know, it just seems to feed into the perfection standards our society has which is unrealistic. Yes he is overweight, but not extremely. In terms of loosing baby weight, it's harder for women to loose than men because of hormones. She's been pregnant with Mack, then had a miscarriage, then had Micheal. I say give her time. (Though if she keeps having kids, she might have more difficulty). I just feel like some people are naturally skinnier than others, some are in between, some are fat...no big deal.

That's true, as he had sweet tea before getting his wisdom teeth out because he didn't think the rules applied to him, and had to have it done later.

:roll:

And regarding this gem:

It's not healthy and someone needs to help you realize it.

Yes, because fat people are not only fat, but stupid, too. :roll:

Why does anyone need to be called out regarding being overweight? This isn't his kid no getting dental care...he is overweight and yes probably from eating more and moving less, but being overweight isn't some more failure.

Well I guess math isn't Smuggar's strong suit. Like has previously been pointed out way more than 100 people have been that near to Belugas. I have an Inuit friend and members of her tribe have regularly gotten close to Belugas each year for generations, but for different reasons than us southerners (anyone south of the Arctic circle).

Maybe he doesn't understand the nutritional information? Or maybe healthy eating wasn't part of his curriculum.

Food is probably the only area where Smuggar isn't being controlled. His whole life is controlled by JimBob, Gothard, TLC, or fear of Hell. He can't control his family size, and he's probably going to drag his family down the road to poverty someday while chanting that God will provide. If anyone deserves to dive into a plate of Chalupas, it's him.

I'm 40 lbs overweight. No one has to call me out. The clothes in my closet do it every day.

Guest Anonymous

So it's okay to call Josh out on his weight, but not Zsuzsu or other females? Yeah, ok.

It's not healthy and someone needs to help you realize it.

And do you also give a little talk (or maybe just an UH OH! UH OH! UH OH!) to everyone you see smoke, drink, eat fast food, not get the recommended amount of exercise, eat the "right" number of calories a day, or not take their vitamins?

I'm 40 lbs overweight. No one has to call me out. The clothes in my closet do it every day.

Amen. People don't need to be told they are fat and/or unhealthy. Unless there is something else wrong, THEY KNOW. It's just so damn hard to change.

Archived