IGNORED

FB feed bringing up memories of Emily

wildcatgrrl

Remember the tower of Rubbermaid totes in the kitchen, and the table lamp balanced precariously over the bathtub (because the bathroom light didn't work)?

There was speculation that she only used the crockpot because the stove/oven broke and she was afraid to call the landlord to come fix it because then he would see how many people they had living there, and that they had children sleeping in a closet.

And yeah - the "dentists are a luxury - we take good care of our teeth" statement, followed closely by a photo of Dna with rotten black teeth. Blech.

So Dna went from being a fundy pastor-wannabe to an atheist? I guess he does whatever Emily tells him to.

Weird, just yesterday I was thinking of asking if there was any Emily and Dna news.

She was my favorite, ever. Sniff.

I loved how one coffeecan of lettuce in the windowsill was enough for "salads all winter".

The hand-washed clothes, air drying all over the apartment! I wonder if clothes ever froze while drying, since Emily refused to turn the heat on. In winter. In Maine.

There was speculation that she only used the crockpot because the stove/oven broke and she was afraid to call the landlord to come fix it because then he would see how many people they had living there, and that they had children sleeping in a closet.

Yup, and that was also discussed as the reason for having a desk lamp precariously hung up in the bathroom instead of using an overhead/vanity light fixture. I can totally see them breaking the bathroom light and the stove. And then there's Brad, the cuddly carrier of all the potty germs. Yay!

I only found out about Emily and DNA after she had stopped blogging.... so sad that her blog is still up but the photos don't work (or at least I can't make them work). I feel like I"ve really missed out!

Archived