IGNORED

FB feed bringing up memories of Emily

wildcatgrrl

LOL, I subscribe to Pillsbury newsletters just to figure out what the Duggars will be eating next. Glad I'm not the only one who makes fun of these "recipes"

i miss emily and dna too. i wonder how many kids they have and how many band-aids it takes for star trek day. i wonder if she made a festive skirt cheese ball for the holidays. will dna allow her to have a christmas tree this year? how did he take the downfall of the twinkie? did he ever get any italian dressing?

If any of her kids grow up and write a book about being raised by a crazy, super cheap mommy blogger, I will so buy it.

I'm not sure anyone will ever be able to compare to her level of crazy.

I went over to Dan's old blog the other day and reread some of it. I do kind of miss Emily and wonder if she's still making $$ mystery shopping and eating actual food. And how many kids by now? All born on that bed with the sheets that never got changed. :naughty:

She may pop up again. She has too big an ego not to google herself once in a while.

Emily,come out and play!!!!!

:dance:

I really wish Emily would start blogging again. She was the brand of crazy that just can't be beat. I have yet to find another blogger who fascinates me to the extent of Emily Kate. I wonder if dna has put on any weight, or if little dan has had lasting effects from his coma. I liked how her crazy came out in unexpected spurts, such as her offhand comment about making a casserole out of her placenta, or claiming her husband is "stuffed" after one hot pocket.

I was amused that her "two week menu" has ham on both sundays and default chicken both wednesdays. Or how pot roast never got on the menu, even though it is pretty cheap paired with mash, gravy and carrots or some other cheap veg. At the assisted living facility I work at (which serves food restaurant style, no trays or meal tickets, take orders, etc) they have pot roast as a special once a week. It can't be horribly expensive if they have it that often, and is a food that is actually supposed to be made in a crock pot. I mean seriously, it has to be easier than crock pot pizza. Or how she claimed to be uber health conscious, but has no vegetarian entrees on her menu, which are usually healthy and cheap.

Ugh. I really do miss her blogging. It was snark gold. You couldn't make up material that loony. Like how dental insurance is a LUXURY, and they can take care of their teeth themselves. Um yeah, tell that to people who have had family members die due to an infected tooth. My cousins best friend's family never had dental insurance. His father only has about 8 teeth left. His mom is missing half her front teeth. His older brother (26) has no upper front teeth at all. The friend himself is only 19 and cracked a tooth this summer on mint chocolate chip ice cream (I was there). The only person in his family with good teeth is his 22 year old brother, who is a marine and gets insurance through that. I expect that by 25 he will be missing some upper fronts as well. Kid brushes his teeth religiously, but there isn't much you can do once the foundation of your teeth goes.

She was my gateway fundie. I laughed so hard at the Dna parodies.

• 1 month later...

Dear Emily,

What is kombucha tea? Does it have any health benefits?

Answer

from Brent A. Bauer, M.D.

Kombucha tea is a fermented drink made with tea, sugar, bacteria and yeast. Although it's sometimes referred to as kombucha mushroom tea, kombucha is not a mushroom — it's a colony of bacteria and yeast. Kombucha tea is made by adding the colony to sugar and tea, and allowing the mix to ferment. The resulting liquid contains vinegar, B vitamins and a number of other chemical compounds.

Health benefits attributed to kombucha tea include stimulating the immune system, preventing cancer, and improving digestion and liver function. However, there's no scientific evidence to support these health claims.

There have, however, been reports of adverse effects such as stomach upset, infections and allergic reactions in kombucha tea drinkers. Kombucha tea is often brewed in homes under nonsterile conditions, making contamination likely. If ceramic pots are used for brewing, lead poisoning might be a concern — the acids in the tea may leach lead from the ceramic glaze.

In short, there isn't good evidence that kombucha tea delivers on its health claims. At the same time, several cases of harm have been reported. Therefore, the prudent approach is to avoid kombucha tea until more definitive information is available.

"If ceramic pots are used for brewing, lead poisoning might be a concern — the acids in the tea may leach lead from the ceramic glaze." Dare I say, that might explain the cray-cray.

"If ceramic pots are used for brewing, lead poisoning might be a concern — the acids in the tea may leach lead from the ceramic glaze." Dare I say, that might explain the cray-cray.

It might explain Em's cray-cray, Dna's diminished capacity, and little Dna's "coma."

The article also mentions the dangers of brewing it in unsterile conditions. Em and Dna's apartmnt looked downright filthy.

I miss Emily and Dna :( my heart gives a little leap when I see their names mentioned. I honestly never thought she'd stay away so long?!

Oh man I miss the floor plan where she could store an extra 4 kids on bunk beds in her kitchen and how she didn't use their free heat. I would love to know what they are up to.

I just can't believe how completely she disappeared from the internet. Not even a guest post or comments anywhere that I have seen. That's pretty hard for a hobby blogger to do.

I just can't believe how completely she disappeared from the internet. Not even a guest post or comments anywhere that I have seen. That's pretty hard for a hobby blogger to do.

She still writes, mostly pointless filler, but there was a thread about her work maybe 9 months ago? So she's not completely gone, just completely boring. She totally whitewashed herself. It's kind if impressive. Does anyone know if Dna is still blogging/tweeting/anything? Edit for too many 'completely's... There were lots.

Oh man I miss the floor plan where she could store an extra 4 kids on bunk beds in her kitchen and how she didn't use their free heat. I would love to know what they are up to.

I've heard it mentioned, but never seen it. Did anyone save it?

She still writes, mostly pointless filler, but there was a thread about her work maybe 9 months ago? So she's not completely gone, just completely boring. She totally whitewashed herself. It's kind if impressive. Does anyone know if Dna is still blogging/tweeting/anything? Edit for too many 'completely's... There were lots.

Do you have any links? She is my all-time favorite blogger! I really, really miss her.

I really miss her too!

Last we heard they were up to five kids. I wonder if they'll keep going...is anyone here Facebook friends with either of them? I'd also love to know more about her becoming an atheist (and Dna went along with her in this?).

Archived