IGNORED

I have no idea what the fuck Mikaela is prattling on about

formergothardite

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-wedding-is-almost-here.html

She dreamed a dream, but it was not of time gone by. It was something about a wedding and she forgot to make her dress for the wedding and had to rush on the day of it to get there in time. And the moral of the dream is this:

I began to contemplate an impending wedding of much greater proportions. Would I be the foolish, unprepared virgin at that event as I was at this one? Would the week of the wedding find me engaged in all manner of idiotic, inane activities as the week of this wedding did? Would I be grumbling and gossiping against the Bride--the Church--as I was against my cousin?

:roll:

They are ATI and I bet she writes for Gothard this sounds like some sort of Gothard crap.

A.) Never read into that blog but it must be one scary and dark, moldy corner. Kinda like a basement chamber where it's freezing cold, scary and moist.

B.) I read it over and over and over again and the blogger practically says she went apesh** crazy before her own cousin's wedding and spent the entire week spreading rumors behind her back. And she's planning on doing it once more with another person. I still don't know what are the benefits of these actions she is hoping for, though.

People need to stop inviting her to weddings. This person sounds like some backstabbing wedding crasher who's hiding their intentions behind wordsmithery. Am I getting it right? ATI does not change people's character for the better, this much I get.

I don't know what it's about either. Not sure what the RSPB is. One thing I never really understood is the public sharing of dreams. Then again, if I shared my dreams (night dreams that is, not hopes and desires for the future dreams), people would think I was crazy. They're always in left field somewhere and I don't usually get my own dreams.

What is a frazzled virgin? That made my head spin.

If I told some of my dreams people would be ready to have me committed to the asylum.

It's only a week until 12/12 (aka The End of the World as We Know It!!!eleventy) - maybe her "wedding" is an analogy for TEOTWAWKI?

It's only a week until 12/12 (aka The End of the World as We Know It!!!eleventy) - maybe her "wedding" is an analogy for TEOTWAWKI?

I thought the end of the world was 12/21? I can't keep track. When everyone wakes up on 12/22 and it's almost 12/23 on New Zealand and everyone's back to the daily routines of life, I'll laugh at the Doomsday nonsense once again. LIke the 1/1/2000 scare and nothing almost 13 years later.

She could be trying to draw an parallel or make a correction between her night dream/ past actions and the parable of the Ten Virigins in the Bible.

The frazzeled virgin = the foolish virgins in the parable.

I don't know what it's about either. Not sure what the RSPB is. One thing I never really understood is the public sharing of dreams. Then again, if I shared my dreams (night dreams that is, not hopes and desires for the future dreams), people would think I was crazy. They're always in left field somewhere and I don't usually get my own dreams.

Royal Society for the Protection of Birds.

That is as far as I got in that drivel she was writing.

She says in the comments that she made the whole thing up (totes like John Bunyan!). I thought it was a little too coherent (in terms of sequence of events) and detailed for an actual dream, but it's incoherent, cliched, and patronizing as a fake one.

So was this a dream on an actual event? She starts out, "So I had this dream..." I'm calling bullshit on a dream that covers four days of events. How about, "I have this story that I think illustrates the return of Christ"?

Yep, that's what she is talking about (although Fundies would not tie it to the Mayan calendar deal, since "no one knows the day or the hour" of Christ's return.)

Side note: in fundie lite churches that don't privileged the QF movement, this "wedding" is often used to comfort the aging singles -- well, at least you'll have a wedding, we are all the bride of Christ! It will be soooo much better than any "Earthly" wedding, blah, blah, blah. Crazy condescending and never answers the real concerns of (1) loneliness and (2) exactly why God does not answer the most earnest and heartfelt of prayers.

She says in the comments that she made the whole thing up (totes like John Bunyan!). I thought it was a little too coherent (in terms of sequence of events) and detailed for an actual dream, but it's incoherent, cliched, and patronizing as a fake one.

Oops -- thanks for pointing this out. I rarely read comments; fangirl praise makes me want to hurl. I surely did not catch the Pilgrim's Progress type framing device; she might have done well to leave it out.

I figured she made at least a good portion of it up. I didn't read the comments either. This is not in the spirit of Pilgrim's Progress at all. It is just confusing. Of course, the mini-fictionals she writes don't make any sense, so I think she just isn't good and conveying her thoughts.

Hell, I dreamed that I walked down the aisle at my wedding carrying a head of lettuce instead of a bouquet. Her prattling makes about as much sense.

I dreamed (for realz, when I was about 15) that I was getting married but there was no pianist, so I had to start walking from the end of the aisle, then scurry up to the piano and pound out a few chords of the bridal march, then run back to where I'd stopped in the aisle, and walk slowly a few more feet, then back to the piano, then back to walking...just thought you all would enjoy how meaningful my (actual) dream was. :D

I thought the end of the world was 12/21? I can't keep track. When everyone wakes up on 12/22 and it's almost 12/23 on New Zealand and everyone's back to the daily routines of life, I'll laugh at the Doomsday nonsense once again. LIke the 1/1/2000 scare and nothing almost 13 years later.

Well, that shows you how much attention I pay to TEOTWAWKI (although it's a good song - I like the Great Big Sea version). 12/12 or 12/21, either way it's nonsense. Now, Y2K was overblown like crazy, but there was a kernal of truth to it - DH is a computer programmer/analyst, so I heard a lot about the serious part.

I swear to whatever deity that the RSPB is going across my ad feed at the top :shock: :lol:

What a classic pair of whackos, they'd get along fine with the Fresh Modesty woman. Are there special classes for self aggrandisement or does it come automatically when you submit to your father and glorify God?

tabmeister: did you feel you were being called on to do everything by yourself? or that no-one else would do it properly?

She could be trying to draw an parallel or make a correction between her night dream/ past actions and the parable of the Ten Virigins in the Bible.

The frazzeled virgin = the foolish virgins in the parable.

That was my impression as well. Matthew 25 for the interested:

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

“At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Five of them were foolish and five were wise. 3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them. 4 The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps. 5 The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.

6 “At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’

7 “Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps. 8 The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’

9 “‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’

12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

13 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

I assume she's talking about this parable + the end of the Mayan Calendar (because the two cultures involved are soooooo similar)

What... What did I just read? :shock: What a confused mess.

Also, towards the end, she says

Would I be grumbling and gossiping against the bride - the Church - as I was against my cousin?
but I completely didn't catch any grumbling. Did she mean this part?
I couldn't help but feel peeved. "Don't you think this is a bit much? : (" I texted back
If that's grumbling and gossiping - and those two things are bad - boy, am I ever in trouble. :lol:

That is hilarious! Maybe my mom was your pianist. She was supposed to play piano for a children's church play on a Sunday night 28 years ago. Cue the music minister announcing the children would be singing a cappella, because my mom was in the hospital giving birth.

• 2 weeks later...

I entered and I swear if I win I will liveblog the clear awfulness of this novel. Only 12 other entries - activate jingerites! I can't believe she thinks this book, which is ABOUT a teenager, is not appropriate for other teenagers - because we can't let them know that this actually happens, right?

After I read the first chapter of Born to Deliver, I closed the book and stared at the back in wonderment, re-reading Kathy Brace's bio and studying her picture. Was this scared, misguided, pregnant teenager whom the book opened with really the same as the peaceful, talented, godly woman who greeted me on the book cover?

The well-written true story caught my interest immediately, and I read it quickly--in one evening--because I couldn't possibly stop reading and leave Kathy in the severely dire circumstances that she finds herself for the first half of the book.

Kathy Brace and Natalie Wickham don't flinch from sharing Kathy's mistakes and sins, from out-of-wedlock pregnancies, to failed relationships and marriages, to cover-ups and lies. In honestly relating the story, they remain tasteful. Nevertheless, this is definitely an adult book, and one which I do not recommend for children and most teenagers.

All of the trauma and tragedy of Kathy's life culminates in a horrible accident halfway through the book, and from there, the tale blossoms into a precious story of redemption as God exchanges beauty for ashes and is faithful to allow Kathy to continue a generational legacy of midwifery, and to halt a generational legacy of immorality and drunkeness.

The theme of generational vision is powerful as the book quotes Exodus 20:5-6: "For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

Kathy writes, "In my quest for happiness and fulfillment, I was led by my own heart, pressure from the people around me, and the negative example of my parents--in short, everything but God. And yet, God mercifully 'ransomed [me] from the futile ways inherited from my forefathers (I Peter 1:18a)...' And now, by the grace of God, I wanted to pass a new heritage down to my children and their children after them someday--a heritage of those who love God and keep His commandments. A vision for something much bigger than myself was beginning to formulate in my mind."

I finished the book praising God for His goodness. As I read about God's miraculous provision in Kathy's life, I remenisced about those same times in my life. As I rejoiced to see her daughters making wise decisions and learning from their mother's mistakes, I renewed my resolve to learn from my parents' life experience and wisdom. And as I marvelled at Kathy's honesty, I realized the importance of transparency in all of our lives and what a ministry that honesty can be.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.fr

Archived