IGNORED

Republican Embroiled In Cheating Scandal: 'God Has Forgiven

doggie

This is what bothers me most about Christianity. no matter how much of a asshole you are and go against your faith or two you kill just ask for forgiveness and it is given. But since all you need is to want to be forgiven it is easy to accept that it has happened with no god involvement at all.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20229011/sc ... orgiven-me

NASHVILLE, TN. (Times Free Press) -- U.S. Rep. Scott DesJarlais, R-Tenn., said today that God has "forgiven me" and asked "fellow Christians" and constituents "to consider doing the same" over a tawdry past that included supporting his ex-wife's two abortions and, as a physician, sleeping with patients, including one he urged to undergo the procedure.

The freshman 4th Congressional District congressman and physician also told Nashville conservative talk show host Ralph Bristol this morning that he has no intention of resigning his seat and will seek reelection in 2014.

DesJarlais portrayed himself during his reelection campaign as a "consistent supporter of pro-life values."

"I don't think, Ralph, that I implied that there was nothing in my past," DesJarlais said today as he defended himself. "I didn't go back and dig up all my personal shortcomings and display them. I went through this divorce a long time ago. I made a very poor decision in my first marriage."

I wonder how many Hail Mary's it takes to be able to talk out of both sides of your mouth?

Apparently, all you have to do is pray reeeally hard and the magic forgiveness of Jebus washes over you. Or you have to clap your hands for Tinkerbell or something. What you don't have to do is own up to what you did, or do anything to rectify the fact you are a hideous person like this dude. If he would say something like "Okay, it's not murder to get an abortion. I am not a hypocritical sad sack of flesh. I will now align my words and actions." But he won't. Therefore, he can fuck directly off.

Remember, kids! The American justice system will forgive Christians, just not agnostics/atheists/deists/hindus/jains/jews/muslim/pagans because they aren't Christians and have incorrect, inhumane, maybe even no morals at all because they aren't Christian/don't believe in God! After all, Amurikah is a true Christian nation, following Jesus's teachings on how to be a discrimatory bigot who is bigoted and judges others, amirite? :roll:

I believe in forgiveness, so since he asked, I'll forgive him. That doesn't mean I'll forget what he did or support his policies.. Now what his wife and God do well, I won't go there.

ETA: I'm glad he's not in my district, because I would NEVER vote for him

Ah the only moral abortion is mine and god has forgiven me mentality. Republican? Though so.

Archived