IGNORED

Lilla Rose.

OkToBeTakei

What is it with fundie bloggers and this hair clip thing?

It's a work at home scheme-- fundie women can earn a bit of money and still stay at home. I wonder how much they're really making, since it seems that every fundamentalist family has a rep in the house.

I have no idea but I am a bit startled because I was just thinking this and I came to FJ specifically to post this very same question. Weird synchronicity.

Lilla Rose is an unfortunate name, at least if you're trying to expand your business beyond the fundie crowd. It's entirely too close to Lila Rose, a woman who spends her time trying to destroy Planned Parenthood.

Just as I wouldn't give Lila Rose the time of day, I'm not likely to give Lilla Rose my hard-earned money.

The guy who owns the company actually posted on FJ the last time this topic came up http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3080

Lilla Rose comes from my two daughters names: Kerris Lilla and Justine Rose. My wife and I thought their two names together sounded so pretty and so we named the company after them. I found out later about Lila Rose. Here is the deal-I don't have a horse in that race. I have amazingly committed Consultants that truly love the Flexi and do a great job of marketing to their constituents. What I want most is to share what I and thousands of others spanning over 65 Countries believe-the Flexi is a pretty darned amazing hair accessory.

I have 410 Consultants that have enrolled to help us market the Flexi come from all walks of life. Our number one seller is M. Schreiman who happens to be Jewish. I do not attend a church so it just coincidentally happens that Paula and others have done a heck of a job with Social Media in the Christian community. Again, I am grateful to all of my Consultants. I hope this sheds some light on Lilla Rose.

John

Wow Hehe. Sorry had no idea already been discussed. Should have done the old search thing.

I have no idea but I am a bit startled because I was just thinking this and I came to FJ specifically to post this very same question. Weird synchronicity.

:shock: :lol:

I just ordered a couple the other day, so I'll report back as to whether they are as fantabulous as the fundies say they are. Someone one I know, who is not a fundie swears by them and convinced me to try them. I've been bored by my same old same old pony-tail, so I figured it was worth a shot.

As I understand it, they're a middleman reseller that sells the Flexi-8 hairclip and some other pretty hair toys and jewelry. I think it's like Avon was back in the day.

I'm growing my hair out (it's about mid-back now!) and I swear by these things. They're gorgeous, easy to use, and they don't pull my hair out like with elastic ties! You can get them direct from the manufacturer at the Flexi-8 site. (Just be careful to get the right size for your hair type and the hairstyle you want. If you get it too small, it won't lock shut, and if you get it too big, the hair can slip out.)

Thank you for posting this! I had never heard of this company and if seen randomly I would think it was just a mispelled article on Lila Rose, meaning I would not read it at all. I have thick hair and I love those hair pins.

Because everyone knows, you can't be a godly woman without 18 yards of flowing locks adorned with some bedazzled piece of crap that was likely made in China. Otherwise, how would all the chivalrous young men know who to hold doors open for and who needs the door slammed in her face? Bonus points if your apple-cheeked youngin' has a dinner-plate sized plastic flower affixed to her dome via some constricting piece of elastic! (Because somehow the omnipotent creator didn't endow your baby with enough secondary sex characteristics for your average fundie male to make snap judgments about how modestly she's dressed...)

As I understand it, they're a middleman reseller that sells the Flexi-8 hairclip and some other pretty hair toys and jewelry. I think it's like Avon was back in the day.

I'm growing my hair out (it's about mid-back now!) and I swear by these things. They're gorgeous, easy to use, and they don't pull my hair out like with elastic ties! You can get them direct from the manufacturer at the Flexi-8 site. (Just be careful to get the right size for your hair type and the hairstyle you want. If you get it too small, it won't lock shut, and if you get it too big, the hair can slip out.)

Yeah I found them pretty good too, although they're made in China and pricey for what you get IMO

I think they're cute. I can't say anything. I like hair pretties. But mostly on my daughter. I feel they look out of place on me. But I love Flowers, Shabby Flowers, BAB (Big Ass Bows) and sometimes very small bows to hold her hair out of her eyes. :) But it's a big thing in the south, even amongst the non -Christian crowd. ;) And I'd rather see folks sell these than the poorly put together bows that I see sometimes. Just ugly little... slapped together things. I did that once when I first started making bows. I think a few bought them out of pity. ;) Haha!

ngl, been tempted by the Lilla Rose stuff but not too happy about what looked like yet another MLM. Thanks for direct-linking the manufacturer instead! <3

I've been tempted by the flexi-8s many times. Maybe soon... I was turned off them initially because Candy Brauer loves them, but some are really pretty

Lilla Rose is an unfortunate name, at least if you're trying to expand your business beyond the fundie crowd. It's entirely too close to Lila Rose, a woman who spends her time trying to destroy Planned Parenthood.

Just as I wouldn't give Lila Rose the time of day, I'm not likely to give Lilla Rose my hard-earned money.

I thought this thread was about her. I popped over all excited to make fun of her. And it is an unfortunate brand name, I wouldn't be surprised if it's hurt their sales once or twice.

There is nothing special about these hair clips. My friends and I would make similar things out of pieces of cardboard and pencils back in the '70s.

They're pretty and very "me," and I have longish hair that I wear back almost every day, so I would actually use them often... but I can't see myself buying anything fundies hawk.

My daughter won't wear anything fancy in her hair, but she's just two. She'll go for elastics, but she pulls them out all the time. If she wants something fancy when she's older, I'd just buy it from the local store.

It's kind of annoying that it costs the same to order from China. They're decent hair clips, someone had a stall at a Ren Faire I went to a few years back and my friend and I got a couple, they work well and they're pretty.

I think the fundies have to use things like this, in part because of the whole no braiding hair schtick. As a person with waist length hair, I found braids and buns to be a life saver. Of course, these pretty hair clips do seem to violate the spirit of the two braiding versus, but not the technical rule, so it appears that these little devices are yet another example of cherry-picking.

Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. - 1 Peter 3:3-4

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, - 1 Timothy 2:9

I sell Lilla Rose. I've made exactly $0 off of it.

They're nice clips, they do hold your hair up pretty well. The prices aren't terrible. (ok this may be why I haven't made any money...). The company doesn't really have that great of a compensation plan and it's not particularly clear as to how you actually advance. So, I paid $50 for the starter kit (literature and 5 clips of varying sizes) and I've gotten one check for $13. But as it's been said, everyone and their sister is a consultant. ( I read a lot of homesteading blogs and everyone has an ad.)

Oh and Bambi is one of my upline ;) .

Archived