IGNORED

OMM: Show That's Not Intended For Kids a Danger for Kids

GeoBQn

One Million Moms has focused its laser beam of hissy fits onto Person of Interest. From their Facebook page:

Many One Million Moms supporters have contacted us in concern that a go-to show for parents and older children is no longer acceptable to watch. Several of our members were regular viewers of the CBS program "Person of Interest," until now. This is not necessarily a show for young children since it is action packed with some violence and a 14-V rating, but one of the few programs on television that is fairly clean with no foul language or nudity. One Million Moms members have said they thoroughly enjoyed this series that airs on Thursday evenings at 9:00/8:00 Central. It is a fresh, intriguing, and extremely interesting show. As a piece of "escapism" there is no better show!

One Million Moms is disappointed that CBS and Warner Brothers turned "Person of Interest" into a politically correct machine. In mid-November, an episode aired that went way too far in an attempt to normalize homosexuality when creator and producer, J.J. Abrams, decided to introduce a married lesbian couple.

Viewers find out the female heart surgeon's spouse is actually another woman. They treated this immoral relationship just like any other married couple. Clearly this is a way of promoting the homosexual agenda by making it appear absolutely normal.

Please click on link to send an email letter and request that they stay true to their original style instead of becoming politically correct. Let them know that they do not need to follow the trend in normalizing homosexuality, or they will lose a majority of their viewers that tuned in for clean entertainment that did not push any certain agenda.

So let me get this straight--a show that's for adults has content that some viewers may find objectionable (and perhaps viewer discretion is advised)? A lesbian relationship is more offensive than violence?

The comments underneath are making me stabby.

One Million Moms has focused its laser beam of hissy fits onto Person of Interest. From their Facebook page:

So let me get this straight--a show that's for adults has content that some viewers may find objectionable (and perhaps viewer discretion is advised)? A lesbian relationship is more offensive than violence?

The comments underneath are making me stabby.

Sounds to me like they developed a character rather than adopted a politically correct agenda.

And, treating lesbians like people. ::gasp::

Well, would it surprise the OMM people that lesbians DO live normal lives? That they can have normal, loving relationships? Or that---gasp---plenty of people treat gay couples just like any couple? I don't consider it political indoctrination if this is the normal experiences of many Americans. I guess the OMM don't realize how many people in this country already find it believable to accept gays.

More reasons why I would bang JJ Abrams.

I love how the violence is A okay, but introduce a lesbian couple and they all start running around clutching their pearls. Looks like I'm just gonna have to add the show to my DVR.

I love how the violence is A okay, but introduce a lesbian couple and they all start running around clutching their pearls. Looks like I'm just gonna have to add the show to my DVR.

I saw that too. What messed up priorities do they think their god has to be okay with showing violence to kids but not love? Or, heaven forbid, "bad" words. Profanity may be crass, but a child copying that will do less harm than one copying fight scenes from TV.

Oh hells no! They need to back the fuck off my show :hand: *deep breaths*

Ok, so the whole point to that show is that there is a computer that follows people's every move and reports to the main characters who is in trouble/going to kill someone. The people in trouble aren't always the victims sometimes they are the aggressor. Heck last night's episode had a married couple that took out hits on each other. Just off the top of my head I can think of a scene where the government tried to blow up one of the main characters with a fighter plane strike, someone who has a bomb strapped to their chest so they will do what someone tells them, one of the cops is/was dirty and has killed multiple people. A mob guy who murdered multiple people to gain control of the city, the government tracking down and killing anyone who was involved with or knows about the machine. Yeah, you know good wholesome family fun.

But 2 women being married (I don't think they even had them kiss but I could be wrong) is icky, yucky, gross. :? And the point to that episode was that the Dr was to kill a patient to save her wife. In my mind the situation of having to save a loved one by killing someone else if much more difficult for a child to come to grips with than ZOMG lesbians!!

And the fact that Harold (the man who built the machine) convinced John (the ex special forces guy) to work with him by rigging his apartment with audio equipment so that John is forced to listen to someone (one of the numbers the computer generated) get murdered in the very first episode. That alone should tell you that this show isn't for children.

Well, would it surprise the OMM people that lesbians DO live normal lives? That they can have normal, loving relationships? Or that---gasp---plenty of people treat gay couples just like any couple? I don't consider it political indoctrination if this is the normal experiences of many Americans. I guess the OMM don't realize how many people in this country already find it believable to accept gays.

Actually, before I stepped outside my little Christian bubble that I was raised in, I WAS surprised to find that lesbians lead normal lives. It's sad, but I guess if you never step outside that bubble, you wouldn't know. Not that that's any excuse to act this way, because one SHOULD step outside and learn of other views, but some of these poor saps probably have NO IDEA about... well, a lot of things.

What exactly do these people think lesbians do? Being gay/bisexual is not just constant orgies, devil worshipping and converting people into being gay. We are just like regular people, who have houses, and jobs, and do everything straight people do, they just happen to be interested in the same sex, rather than the opposite sex.

What exactly do these people think lesbians do? Being gay/bisexual is not just constant orgies, devil worshipping and converting people into being gay. We are just like regular people, who have houses, and jobs, and do everything straight people do, they just happen to be interested in the same sex, rather than the opposite sex.

I know. It's so troubling that they think gay = Crazytown.

I am surprised, though, because I thought one of the actors on the show was extrememly Fundie. I wonder what he was to say about the whole thing?

Archived