IGNORED

Spiritual Bowel Syndrome (fundie writer)

RachelB

Yeah. I have no flowers (too expensive), no doilies (why?), windchimes would drive me batty, and I don't particularly care for soft colors. And as for gentle sounds? Well, some of my farts are quite quiet, but they're drowned out by Bob Mould or Ultimate Fakebook or (as I write this) The Creature Comforts. I do have a large picture of a transvestite hanging in my living room; maybe that counts as being feminine. :shifty:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a picture of a young woman wearing blue jeans (and nothing else) leaning over a dictionary starting into the eyes of a Siamese cat. (it's way nicer than I described it). To me, that as a picture of a woman - no doubt about that - submitting to her headship.

A few doilies made by my late great-grandma, in the linen closet. A runner on the coffee table does not count as a doily.

I'm confused. My decor is rather Scandinavian style (lots of white, gray, and black, and quite minimalist, so I'm thinking masculine) but I do have a cushion with a glamourous parisian lady on it, lots of cuddly blankets, and some fake flowers in a wine bottle. Do I get to keep my ovaries or not?

Doilies and wind chimes though. That just screams "grandmother" to me, and not a very stylish cool grandmother either, but like a grandmother who is desperately clinging to the fashions she remembers from her youth, only she wasn't even fashionable in those days anyway so they're even more outdated than they otherwise would be. I mean I thought I'd woken up in the 21st century, but I so often have cause to question that basic assumption these days.

I have nothing but photographs for decoration in my apartment, and any makeup I have ever tried physically feels horrible so I don't wear it. I also sing tenor in my church choir. I think I need to trade in my DDDs for a penis now. Fuck.

I think the lack of bra relates to feminism, and "burning bras" (not sure whether this actually happens, it was something my mom taught me, and she doesnt like feminists)

Bra burning seems to be something of a myth. There was a demonstration at the 1968 Miss America pageant where some bras, girdles and makeup were thrown into a trash can, but no bras were burned.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/burnbra.asp

Edited to add: My Barbie was always off on archaeological digs in exotic places and other adventures. My brother and I were inspired by the TV show Jonny Quest. He made Barbie a car or Land Rover out of plywood and also a papier mache Pug. We played with two smaller figures from the Man from U.N.C.L.E. -Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kurayakin.

Archived