IGNORED

That Bitch posts an inappropriate picture of Bathroom Baby

pomology

So, I was checking in on That Bitch, which I do from time to time (the Mormon Mommy blog thread was what inspired me to go this time) and she posted a picture of Bathroom Baby bottom half naked peeing on the beach.

Now, I have no problem with people taking naked pictures of their young children. I also don't think those pictures should ever be posted on the internet. I mean, what the hell. What are these kids gonna think when they grow up and know that anybody in the world can see these pictures?

But this picture is beyond bizarre. I have no idea why anybody would want a picture of another person peeing. Like, you can actually see a stream of liquid coming from the crotch region and going into the ocean, which I personally think is gross. But, to then go ahead and post that picture on the internet? I find that utterly fucked up.

I just can't with these people anymore. I just can't.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?????

Sadly, she isnt the only parent who has posted pictures of their child peeing, or their first poop in the potty. This oversharing parenting trend really has to stop.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?????

Sadly, she isnt the only parent who has posted pictures of their child peeing, or their first poop in the potty. This oversharing parenting trend really has to stop.

Too bad STFU, Parents doesn't accept blog posts.

Actually, this might be a good thing.

That poor child. If you wouldn't post a picture of a 15 year old doing something that's supposed to be private, don't post a picture of a toddler doing the same thing.

Ugh, I don't even want to see. That's freaking gross.

I wasn't one for many naked pictures of my kid when she was a baby/toddler but I do have a couple of hilarious photos of her on the potty. One was when she was potty training and wanted to sit on the potty chair for awhile, and she's covered in band-aids (for fun), wearing sunglasses, and playing with an old cell phone (she totally looks like she's texting someone). She's pantsless and spread eagle, with the phone perfectly censoring her private parts. It's one of my faves, but I have never, and will never, share those kinds of pictures with anyone outside of family. My child's dignity is always a priority, which I know would baffle most of the bloggers we snark on.

I have many, many inappropriate pictures of my child in our 'PRIVATE' family photos. The over share on blogs just astounds me.

Ugh, I don't even want to see. That's freaking gross.

I wasn't one for many naked pictures of my kid when she was a baby/toddler but I do have a couple of hilarious photos of her on the potty. One was when she was potty training and wanted to sit on the potty chair for awhile, and she's covered in band-aids (for fun), wearing sunglasses, and playing with an old cell phone (she totally looks like she's texting someone). She's pantsless and spread eagle, with the phone perfectly censoring her private parts. It's one of my faves, but I have never, and will never, share those kinds of pictures with anyone outside of family. My child's dignity is always a priority, which I know would baffle most of the bloggers we snark on.

Ours is similar. She's looking at a book on the potty, and the book is censoring her. LOL! And she has the funniest little embarassed grin on her face. LOL! But would I share that photo? No! Why would I want pervs on the internet to look at my girl's privates? Nasty.

Do these people think that (non-pedophilic) others want to see this? I love baby pictures, provided that the babies' genitalia is more or less covered and there's no proof of their bathroom habits.

See, when I was little I read this book called Everybody Poops, so I know that everybody poops. I neither need nor want photographic evidence.

Do these people think that (non-pedophilic) others want to see this? I love baby pictures, provided that the babies' genitalia is more or less covered and there's no proof of their bathroom habits.

See, when I was little I read this book called Everybody Poops, so I know that everybody poops. I neither need nor want photographic evidence.

That book is a waiting room staple for Pediatric Gastroenterologists. :)

ETA: typo

Taking the photo is one thing but posting it everywhere for the whole world to see is another. What is that kid going to think when he gets older?

When I was a toddler Mom took a few pictures of me in the bathtub. All you can see is me from the mid-chest up. The only people she or Dad ever shared it with was family. They never dreamed of sharing it with strangers.

Taking the photo is one thing but posting it everywhere for the whole world to see is another. What is that kid going to think when he gets older?.

He's going to wonder why there are eleventy hundred pictures of him on the Internet, depicting an idyllic childhood, when all he can remember is Mummy posing him for pictures then telling him to go away and play quietly and neatly with his three toys while she fucks around on the Internet and fiddles with home decoration ideas.

I hate when parents do this. It's embarassing when shared with family and boyfriends or girlfriends, but who the eff thinks it's okay to share that stuff publicly??? Thanks to the internet parents now way overshare with too many people.

I wish all this parents had a notice before they posted that said: "Would you want to find a picture like this of you on the internet at the same age? If not, why do you think your child would be okay with you posting a similar picture of them. Millions of people could see this picture on your public blog from across the globe and even if you delete this picture later, it will still be in cyberspace and in cache forever. Would you still like to post this image to the public?"

I was about to post a thread about this as I don't like the oversharing parents do on blogs, where anyone can see those pictures. What's also sickening is That Bitch said that she's going to get a frame for one of those pictures of Bathroom Baby and hang it up in her house, probably in a room where visitors would be able to see it.

I was about to post a thread about this as I don't like the oversharing parents do on blogs, where anyone can see those pictures. What's also sickening is That Bitch said that she's going to get a frame for one of those pictures of Bathroom Baby and hang it up in her house, probably in a room where visitors would be able to see it.

He'll be known as Bathroom Baby in a whole new context.

First, what would PP say? Does this count as "pisseth against the wall", since the tyke was standing?

Second, it's kind of a shame it went so wrong. The first few pictures were gorgeous. They almost hid the crazy.

Third, the fully naked pics are adorable (although I would never put them on the interwebz), but the ones of him half nay-nake, especially the family shot (that would have been frame-worthy if he had been fully dressed), seem just off and wrong in some way that I cannot define. The peeing pic is just too much. There are public bathrooms at the beach.

I hate when parents do this. It's embarassing when shared with family and boyfriends or girlfriends, but who the eff thinks it's okay to share that stuff publicly??? Thanks to the internet parents now way overshare with too many people.

I wish all this parents had a notice before they posted that said: "Would you want to find a picture like this of you on the internet at the same age? If not, why do you think your child would be okay with you posting a similar picture of them. Millions of people could see this picture on your public blog from across the globe and even if you delete this picture later, it will still be in cyberspace and in cache forever. Would you still like to post this image to the public?"

I think parents who were born pre-internet often forget how this kind of stuff can follow their child around their whole lives. We all know about the dangers of posting party pics on the internet in case potential employers google us, but what about the next generation? Are they to be haunted by a litany of embarrassing childhood photos, forever preserved on the internet?

My grandmother has my baby butt on a rug pic hanging up in her entry way.... for my whole life, that pic has been the first thing you see when you walk in her house (it is part of a larger collage, but that pic is center and right at eye level). I thought THAT was bad!

First, what would PP say? Does this count as "pisseth against the wall", since the tyke was standing?

Second, it's kind of a shame it went so wrong. The first few pictures were gorgeous. They almost hid the crazy.

Third, the fully naked pics are adorable (although I would never put them on the interwebz), but the ones of him half nay-nake, especially the family shot (that would have been frame-worthy if he had been fully dressed), seem just off and wrong in some way that I cannot define. The peeing pic is just too much. There are public bathrooms at the beach.

Yeah. The rest didn't bother me that much. I mean, I feel bad that the kid will forever have his naked pictures on the internet, but I wouldn't have been disturbed enough to start this thread. But that one really just seemed too bizarre.

My grandmother has my baby butt on a rug pic hanging up in her entry way.... for my whole life, that pic has been the first thing you see when you walk in her house (it is part of a larger collage, but that pic is center and right at eye level). I thought THAT was bad!

Yeah, mine had an entire baby album for me, which is cute and very grandmotherly, but the first page was an 8x10 of me on the potty, which is just embarrassing. :roll:

Posting naked pictures of kids on the web is a really terrible idea. Besides the obvious potential for future humiliation of the child in the picture, there's always the chance that some sick nutcase uses the pictures for more nefarious purposes.

I think a lot of parents have pics of their young kids without clothes on, in the tub, whatever. But it's not meant for the internet.

I had to go look at that picture and I just do not get it. Kids are cute. That? Not cute. But then again I don't understand why people post the gender shot ultrasound on facebook. No image of my kids' genitals, even the fuzzy gray pics, have shown up on the internet.

Off-topic (albeit still related to TW and bathrooms), but I find it a little giggle-worthy that she has a framed sign above her toilet that reads, "Think happy thoughts."

instagram.com/p/SqMuIBLqt3/

Posting naked pictures of kids on the web is a really terrible idea. Besides the obvious potential for future humiliation of the child in the picture, there's always the chance that some sick nutcase uses the pictures for more nefarious purposes.

I think a lot of parents have pics of their young kids without clothes on, in the tub, whatever. But it's not meant for the internet.

This! My mother has pictures of me playing butt naked in the tub playing with bath toys. She never, ever posted them on the internet or even shared them with others outside of immediate family.

Ah yes I remember her, horrible, horrible woman. Thankfully the photograph in question looks as though it has been removed.

My IRL friend who's a new mommy blogger has posted numerous pictures of her kids in the tub, potty training, etc. She makes sure that bubbles or a washcloth covers the genitalia but that's it. This is a public blog for anyone to see, where she's actively trying to drive additional readership! I could never do it myself.

The fact is that once something's on the Internet it can be very challenging to delete fully. My kid may not want a nekkid bathtub picture to be floating around in 15 years for her prom date to find, you know? Plus there are pervs out there who get their jollies from that sort of thing. I know that several years ago some cloth diapering forum was invaded by pedophiles who apparently liked to jerk off to pictures of babies and toddlers in diapers. :shock: It was before I even became a mother and I decided then and there that pictures of my kids in some stage of undress would never be publicly available on the Internet.