IGNORED

Creationist propaganda films for kids!

JaChelle Sugar

Oh boy oh boy, found a treasure trove of propaganda films to indoctrinate you're kids with 'educational videos for kids from a creationist viewpoint'.

answersingenesis.org/kids/videos

I haven't gone through them yet but I'm hoping there's some old gems from Ken Ham on there about dinosaurs, and maybe just maybe, some 'Marty' videos (anyone seen those?).

*for clarity, and trying to get the strikethrough thingie to work

I listened to a fragment of the Jonathan Park series that Doug Phillips produces and they were nauseating. I can't handle listening to Ken Ham too.

Ken Ham gave the commencement speech at a fundy friend's graduation (homeschool of course). He said something about going out there and changing the world into what they want it to be and mentioned young men going into science with their creationism, and young women aspiring to design fashion lines that were 'modest' and other things I have blocked. As bad as that sounds, his seminar's for kids are even worse.

When my kids were in Christian school we went to a Ken Ham program at a local Baptist church. I remember animatronic dinosaurs ridden by mannequins and goofy songs. Ken Ham's very patronizing attitude turned me off even back then when I was still sipping the kool-aid.

~shudders at the things I exposed my kids too~

Wow. Those videos are, um, interesting. I watched The Origin of Races and it was rather ridiculous. All of their arguments really do boil down to "the bible says so" which is nice, but it's not science.

Has anyone ever seen any creationism stuff that is not aimed at kids or very low levels? I never have and if it is out there I would be interested in reading it.

There's tons of it. Ken Ham and other's have done adult-level creationist science lectures on how random stuff is like proof of Noah's flood (something about the Grand Canyon, or Mt St Helens, and floating ash log swamps that disapear and nautilouds at the bottom of the ocean). Just as much stuff or more for adults than for kids. Institute for Creation Research and Answers in Genesis have tons of articles.

All creationist propaganda is at child level. Its like telling a child that rain is caused by angels crying, or that the stork brings babies, as theyre not able to properly understand the truth yet. Actually, I have a bit of a theory (that is purely hypothetical cause Im an atheist), that the creation story was actually a really really simple version because people a long time ago werent clever enough to understand the truth, and God told them that to keep them from asking more til they were advanced enough to work the truth out.

Guest Anonymous
All creationist propaganda is at child level. Its like telling a child that rain is caused by angels crying, or that the stork brings babies, as theyre not able to properly understand the truth yet. Actually, I have a bit of a theory (that is purely hypothetical cause Im an atheist), that the creation story was actually a really really simple version because people a long time ago werent clever enough to understand the truth, and God told them that to keep them from asking more til they were advanced enough to work the truth out.

There's also the idea that back when the earliest manuscripts were written, very few people could count to 1000, and even fewer owned enough of anything to count that high. I always thought that the "6 days" were a metaphor for millions, tens of millions, or hundreds of million years.

Has anyone ever seen any creationism stuff that is not aimed at kids or very low levels? I never have and if it is out there I would be interested in reading it.

http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Time-Micha ... stian+book

Explains how the ice age fits into the 6k year timeline.

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Back-Astro ... onomy+book

and astronomy.

There's tons of it. Ken Ham and other's have done adult-level creationist science lectures on how random stuff is like proof of Noah's flood (something about the Grand Canyon, or Mt St Helens, and floating ash log swamps that disapear and nautilouds at the bottom of the ocean). Just as much stuff or more for adults than for kids. Institute for Creation Research and Answers in Genesis have tons of articles.

Also: http://www.apologia.com/index.asp?proc=pg&pg=1

They have all sorts for kids, but they also have high school and adult science stuff, all from a YEC perspective.

Archived