IGNORED

Pat Robertson takes the side of science over creationism

NotALoserLikeYou

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/11/28 ... oo-insane/

“Look, I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this, but Bishop [James] Ussher wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said that it all took 6,000 years. It just didn’t. You go back in time, you’ve got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things and you’ve got the caucuses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas.

“They’re out there,†he continued. “So, there was a time when these giant reptiles were on the Earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So, don’t try and cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years. That’s not the Bible.

“If you fight science, you’re going to lose your children, and I believe in telling it the way it was."

Early Christmas present.

Haha indeed. So I guess he doesn't actually believe we could live for 900 years then? :doh:

''If you go all the way back to the days just following creation, men lived nine hundred years or more.''

—Pat Robertson

Has he had a change of heart then? The article also said

He still remains the man who claimed that people who believe in evolution are, in fact, atheists, and that evolution is “… contrary to the First Amendment.â€

Is he just coming down on the side of old earth creationism or has he changed his mind?

caucuses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas

Funny, I've never seen a caucus of dinosaurs.

It would be an amazing name for a geek rock band!

Why did I just get a mental pic of dinosaurs wearing old English white curly wigs? (Would find and post pic but hard to do so on phone....)

I want to know more about the "dinosaur caucuses"!

I listened to the video over at DailyKos. Pat said carcasses which totally makes sense, not caucuses.

“Look, I know that people will probably try to lynch me when I say this, but Bishop [James] Ussher wasn’t inspired by the Lord when he said that it all took 6,000 years. It just didn’t. You go back in time, you’ve got radiocarbon dating. You got all these things and you’ve got the caucuses of dinosaurs frozen in time out in the Dakotas.

How could your viewers think violence is an appropriate reaction to a belief they disagree with? Oh, right, because you've always encouraged or condoned it when the lynchers were your supporters. :evil:

I'm thinking either Robertson is really sinking into dementia (and he was so wacko to begin with that he's come all the way around to making sense) or he's ready to retire and giving his flock reasons to replace him.

so...I guess we can assume Pat Robertson has now descended completely into senility?

Here here. He has said some pretty out there stuff, like if someone's spouse has dementia they should be able to date other people etc. I honestly do think the old codger is losing his grip. I wonder how long it will take for him to get the hook and be replaced by a younger fundie star.

Haha indeed. So I guess he doesn't actually believe we could live for 900 years then? :doh:

''If you go all the way back to the days just following creation, men lived nine hundred years or more.''

—Pat Robertson

Only if you drink his Protein Shake and do leg presses all day can you live to the ripe old age of 900!

Archived