IGNORED

LL creates her own problems again

lexiloumarie

Her latest post includes a request for activities that require paper alone, because she already packed the school supplies. And yet she spends the first part of the post talking about how overwhelmed they are because the kids are bored. And isn't she supposed to be homeschooling too? :roll:

Her latest post includes a request for activities that require paper alone, because she already packed the school supplies. And yet she spends the first part of the post talking about how overwhelmed they are because the kids are bored. And isn't she supposed to be homeschooling too? :roll:

Who, what, where?

The kids are bored? No wonder if shes packed up all their school supplies. She should actually be teaching them....and where are their toys? Surely theres something for them to play with that isnt paper?

What a moron. Sure you pack most of your stuff in advance, but save a few day's worth of clothes and STUFF TO KEEP YOUR KIDS ENTERTAINED if you don't have time to teach them.

Her know-it-all attitude contrasted with moments complete and utter stupidity make her eminently snarkable.

I'm not surprised no educating is going on right now in that house. I continue to be unimpressed by LL's homeschooling. A little way down the page I get this gem:

Wednesday is math day

Now, I understand that with homeschooling you can devote less time to each subject because you have more one-on-one instruction time. And I get that you don't have to do each subject 5 days per week. However, since when is it enough to cover a very important, core subject only once per week? Hell, I remember, when I was her kids' ages, that by Monday I would forget how to do things the class just learned on Friday.

Not to mention that her posts about how her day progresses during the time she's actually homeschooling leave much to be desired. Apparently, very little gets done in between interruptions by younger siblings. But she just waves this off with a "those interruptions are learning moments/training moments themselves because they teach patience and understanding blah blah" (which is nice and all, but those kids should be learning, you know, math and reading and science too) and a dismissive "well, there'd be even more disruptions if they were in a classroom with 20-some other children" (except I remember being in a classroom with 24 other kids and I definitely don't remember by teacher leaving for 15-20 minutes at a time, several times a day, to go feed/change/chase after toddlers)

She spends too much time curled in the fetal position on her bed, crying and eating chocolate, to properly educate her kids.

I'm rather unnerved by the children on that trampoline with the boys hanging over and little girls jumping at the same time with no net. Why don't people buy nets for them? Too many known injuries on one without a net to not make me nervous. I had a friend knock the wind out of her when she fell off. I twisted an ankle really bad falling off one as a child. My younger brother broke his arm in two places on one. My parents got a net after that and no one broke or hurt any body parts after that. Take the advice LL and others, nets will save you money in the long run.

Well, I could see having a day set aside for more in-depth math as long as math is also blended in with stuff other days. For example, in my preschool class when we read a book together and look at the pictures, I usually have the kids identify shapes, relative sizes, distances, colors, or somesuch. It isn't the main focus of the lesson, but it gets some more exposure and practice in there. Somehow I doubt this is the case, though, if she thinks that classrooms are as much of a distraction to most children as a screaming baby and/or toddler and your teacher leaving the classroom multiple times per day would be. I hate that these fundy homeschoolers seem to discount the idea that maybe, just maybe, teachers are PROFESSIONALS who know basic educational skills like classroom management.

What's the story?

She's "SO OVERWHELMED YA'LL !!!11!1!", and has been since she had her first two, a set of twins. And yet has continued to have children. And then adopted! And was pregnant when it was finalized! 7 total, 3 girls and 4 boys.

Seriously though, her most rage inducing moments come from describing her adopted daughter's "willfulness", and how she can't handle her own kids for basic errands and day to day challenges. Over and over again.

Archived