IGNORED

Hellatrix is err......spinning.

OkToBeTakei

spunoutpost.blogspot.co.uk/

In which she talks a lot about spinning

You see, spinning is full of metaphors. Every single staple of fleece on a sheeps back is connected. If you poke your finger into the fleece on a sheeps back, it will shiver and quake it’s fleece, cause every touch pulls interconnected hairs all over it’s body. And you can comb and card that connection out…..or follow it.

Say wha..?

That can be made into something. And then unmade. Made again in a totally new form. And then maybe even pulled apart again. And this process can go on ad infinitum. Taking the yarn, and making and unmaking it, creating a form and then unraveling it, some forms being functional but not beautiful, and some being beautiful but non functional. See what I mean about the metaphors?

No?

And I’m going to surprise you all by keeping this short.

Well short for me anyway :)

There is a God.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure she is high on something 99.9% of the time. She thinks she has really, really deep thoughts, but they make absolutely no sense.

She needs to stop poking at the damned sheep, leave them alone and let them get along making more fleece for me.

Seriously, I spin (my wheel is set up next to my desk about one foot from my left elbow), I love spinning, but I don't get all woozy and mystical about it. That is not what spinning is about.

Wowza, that picture of Currawong was too much for me to handle before finishing my coffee. :?

It does not get better after coffee. Trust me.

Her whole blog is all about shouting "I'm a unique and special snowflake! Stand in awe of my unique and profound insights!" Only her insights on on par with the nonsense 14 year old girls scribble in their diaries.

She needs to stop poking at the damned sheep, leave them alone and let them get along making more fleece for me.

Seriously, I spin (my wheel is set up next to my desk about one foot from my left elbow), I love spinning, but I don't get all woozy and mystical about it. That is not what spinning is about.

It is if you're a profound and enlightened person like Hellena

At least its from sheep. I could totally see her being crazy enough to make things out of her own and Currawong's pubes.

I had a friend who was a conceptual artist who did that. She baked pubic hair and um, certain regularly produced female body fluids into her ceramics.

(And yes, of course, at kiln temperatures they vapourised, didn't they; however apparently it was the concept that counted.)

I had a friend who was a conceptual artist who did that. She baked pubic hair and um, certain regularly produced female body fluids into her ceramics.

(And yes, of course, at kiln temperatures they vapourised, didn't they; however apparently it was the concept that counted.)

Please tell me she never err gifted you one of her creations? :shock:

Knowing the sort of people they are and that they hang out with Lauren, its either extreme child neglect or breastfeeding til the child is old enough for college.

At least its from sheep. I could totally see her being crazy enough to make things out of her own and Currawong's pubes.

Ugh. Human hair in general doesn't spin very well at all...and just the thought of it *grossssss*.

I have explained to friends who asked if I could make yarn out of their Rover or Fluffy's fur that Yes, it could be done, but the dog or cat hair would have to be mixed with sheep's wool to make it sufficiently spinnable. Nobody's yet presented me with a bag of fur, but I fully expect one friend to do so someday.

Please tell me she never err gifted you one of her creations? :shock:

No, she was a serious conceptual artist, so of course they were too expensive for me to buy :D

I saw someone's PhD project....a tiny vial of her menstrual blood in a block of clear glycerin.

For real...my god the creations I could have come up with in my lab...

What is "extreme parenting"?

Ignoring your kids and letting them run around naked and feral?

I saw someone's PhD project....a tiny vial of her menstrual blood in a block of clear glycerin.

For real...my god the creations I could have come up with in my lab...

? I have to ask, and I'm really not trying to be a smart ass here, but what was the vial of menstrual blood supposed to represent? I really just don't see that as high art or PhD worthy, but maybe I'm just not creative or open-minded enough to "get it."

No, she was a serious conceptual artist, so of course they were too expensive for me to buy :D

Thank F*** for that :lol:

Ugh. Human hair in general doesn't spin very well at all...and just the thought of it *grossssss*.

I have explained to friends who asked if I could make yarn out of their Rover or Fluffy's fur that Yes, it could be done, but the dog or cat hair would have to be mixed with sheep's wool to make it sufficiently spinnable. Nobody's yet presented me with a bag of fur, but I fully expect one friend to do so someday.

I mean I have tons of those, my fluffy cat likes to leave those everywhere, if you're actively looking for some I could ship you a whole lot! :lol:

Really is the funk of her fleece worse than the funk of her and her beau???

All I can think looking at her pictures is damn what a way to RUIN perfectly good fleece that could have made perfectly good yarn for sane fiber art!

I've worked with pretty earthy fiber before. I prefer it cleaner than that. I also prefer colors that don't look like someone used them to wipe their rear after using the bathroom though.

I spin too! But I guess I spin sober, so no enlightenment here, just yarn.

I am pretty sure she is high on something 99.9% of the time. She thinks she has really, really deep thoughts, but they make absolutely no sense.

I agree!

One of my friends likes to 'open the doors of perception' & 'enlighten himself' with LSD on a regular basis. When he gets near Facebook whilst having or just after a trip he posts things that are very similar to the hallucinogen induced nonsense Helena comes up with.

I would be quite interested in a Spinning thread. A kind of normal one. This is not normal. But I do find the comments kind of interesting.

Archived