IGNORED

Things that make you go, "Wha'?" - ClearNote version

MamaJunebug

ClearNote Church is one of the congregations led by the cute couplebrothers Bayly, who have quite decided opinions on women, homosexuals and other things that Jesus only mentioned in passing.

Anyhow, I found one of the home pages on display now to be question-generating.

clearnotebloomington.com/ has rotating home pages, but the one of the houses that look like something from a latter-day Hanna-Barbera animated feature made me go "Wha'?" since there's a distinct rainbow motif to it.

Not just the houses are in happy splashy colors, but so is the smoke [sic] rising from the chimney where the people-silhouettes have gathered to sing.

Is somebody trying to ... I dunno? Something?

Hi, this is my first post, and I hope I can reply??? I've been lurking here for a while, but I haven't dared post yet.

Anyway, I used to live in Bloomington, IN (for about 3 years) and am also rather intimately acquainted with a family who follows Doug Phillips' brand of... well, you know. I know that they are also fans of the Bayly brothers. A while back, I saw an event advertised on my facebook at a Bayly church. The shocking thing was that not only were these people going, but two other people I knew from High School went. Both of these always seemed completely normal. I thought maybe it was another Bayly, but no... it was them. The particular family I'm friends with has been cause for many shocking moments for me in the past. I was really naive when I moved to Bloomington, and had only lived in Europe before, so I had no experience with this type of Christianity. Most people in Bloomington are really liberal, though.

Sorry, I know this might have been a bit off-topic.

Their special little band that will play at the event can be found on Youtube. Join me in snerking: Evw5qlO7UKY

This was at least year's Christmas sing-along so I am wondering: why no singing along? Why no Christmas music?

Are the shadowy silhouette people a group of carolers spreading joy or are they an angry mob there to destroy the rainbowy house of sin? There's a lot of room for interpretation there.

Ahem. Rainbows have been used by churchy people for some time. Pride didn't trademark it in 1978, you know.

It's just possible - though unlikely - that they don't know about the LGBT connection. I didn't till this century, and I suspect my father still has no idea. It's more likely that they're making a point - which, however obnoxious I may find them, I kind of agree with.

Ahem. Rainbows have been used by churchy people for some time. Pride didn't trademark it in 1978, you know.

It's just possible - though unlikely - that they don't know about the LGBT connection. I didn't till this century, and I suspect my father still has no idea. It's more likely that they're making a point - which, however obnoxious I may find them, I kind of agree with.

Harumpfh....there's no copyright, true, but rainbows have indicated alternatives in family makeup, lifestyles, etc., for quite some time.

Moreover, it isn't up any more, but for quite a while the baylyblog.com, the brothers' joint effort at commentary, had a photo of the pair happy in tuxedos, looking for all the world like a happy couple. We had quite a few good yuks at their expense, so part of my amusement/bemusement at the rainbows has to do with that.

Finally, hie on over to baylyblog if you wish and see the obsession (JMHO) with "the homosexual agenda" among other things, and I predict you'll come to believe that the church - led by one Bayly or another - is very well aware of the LGBT connections to most things.

To the Christmas sing-along (or listen-to), thanks to emmiedahl for posting. Sadly, I couldn't listen to more than 15 or 20 seconds of the ... emo.

Archived