IGNORED

Judge Sentences Teen Offender to Church

GeoBQn

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, CC3 is rabidly anti gay? I must have missed/forgotten about that.

I also had to refresh my memory but it appears CC3 was quite vocal about it on the "Homosexuality is detrimental and ultimately destructive" thread.

I am not rabidly anything. Being gay is not a sin.

So you have changed your mind since writing this:

I am against gay marriage because God is against it. Marriage is for a man and a woman.

I am a born again Christian. I do agree with him on being against gay marriage.

I'm sorry you don't agree with God. I'm sure it sounds harsh to you when I say no about gay marriage. Over half the American public agrees with me, last time I checked

You say you can't separate out being gay as a lifestyle just like I cannot separate out my Christianity. Unfortunately, it puts us at odds with each other. I find it just as frustrating as you do that there can't be a middle ground. I love compromises, but you won't compromise and neither will I.

I am against gay marriage because God is against it. Marriage is for a man and a woman.

I'm sorry you don't agree with God. I'm sure it sounds harsh to you when I say no about gay marriage. Over half the American public agrees with me, last time I checked

You say you can't separate out being gay as a lifestyle just like I cannot separate out my Christianity. Unfortunately, it puts us at odds with each other. I find it just as frustrating as you do that there can't be a middle ground. I love compromises, but you won't compromise and neither will I.

Ugh, CC3 just had to call it a lifestyle. It is not a lifestyle. I can't repeat that enough. They are probably going to follow it up with the gay lifestyle, or gay marriage or acting on gay desires is the true sin. :roll: I can argue the ridiculousness of all of those stances, but I'm just going to hope no gay people get sentenced to CC3s faith based program.

That's pretty much as rabidly anti-gay as it gets.

No, I haven't changed my mind. I don't really see how what I think about gay marriage has anything to do with the subject here. I don't think cherry picking my comments out of a previous thread to hijack this thread is very constructive. I liked your avatar with the gunslinger better than your new one.

Ugh, CC3 just had to call it a lifestyle. It is not a lifestyle. I can't repeat that enough. They are probably going to follow it up with the gay lifestyle, or gay marriage or acting on gay desires is the true sin. :roll: I can argue the ridiculousness of all of those stances, but I'm just going to hope no gay people get sentenced to CC3s faith based program.

That's pretty much as rabidly anti-gay as it gets.

Actually, I have changed my mind on one thing. I don't really believe it is a lifestyle.

Never had a gunslinger avatar.

Just confirming, you think gay marriage is a sin, and the question is, in your faith based program do you teach this?

The problem with parole officers sending people to faith based programs is that you can end up with a troubled gay person hearing hateful shit like you believe. Or just a straight person learning this hatred. And yes, wanting to deny gay people marriage is hatred.

No.

So if someone in your program asked if you support gay marriage you would say yes? If you had a gay person who wanted to get their life together and get married, you would show support for that?

The problem with parole officers sending people to faith based programs is that you can end up with a troubled gay person hearing hateful shit like you believe. Or just a straight person learning this hatred. And yes, wanting to deny gay people marriage is hatred.

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is I am not a hateful person. My purpose in volunteering is to serve others and be a good listener. I am not a therapist and make sure those I sponsor are clear they are to make their own decisions.

People can chose a different program if they don't like ours or prefer a medically based program.

But if there was a gay person in your progam that told you he/she wanted to get married, would you tell him/her you thought that was a sin and that God wouldn't approve?

So if someone in your program asked if you support gay marriage you would say yes? If you had a gay person who wanted to get their life together and get married, you would show support for that?

That's a lot of ifs. As far as I know, we have had two gay people go through our program. One only attended a short time. The other came about a year. Theoretically speaking, I would show the person what the Bible says. Recovery is what we are focused on, so far this has not come up and I don't want to speculate what I say if this came up.

Guest Anonymous

That's a lot of ifs. As far as I know, we have had two gay people go through our program. One only attended a short time. The other came about a year. Theoretically speaking, I would show the person what the Bible says. Recovery is what we are focused on, so far this has not come up and I don't want to speculate what I say if this came up.

Oooh, which Bible quotes are you going to cherry-pick for this one?

For sure! As long as you don't perceive yourself as being hateful, your hateful and damaging actions totally don't count! :roll:

What actions are you talking about? Typing my thoughts on FJ? Surely you know we can disagree without my position automatically labeled hateful. Or perhaps you don't.

Theoretically speaking, I would show the person what the Bible says.

I think you mean to say "I would show the person the parts of the Bible that support what I believe the Bible says"

It is hateful to want to deny gay people marriage.

So if the person you were talking to read those verses and was like "Oh, I can get married?!" you would agree with them?

Oooh, which Bible quotes are you going to cherry-pick for this one?

I'm not going to cherry pick the Bible. I'm sorry you are offended by me. This is an exercise in futility to debate on this subject. If you don't believe the Bible, I won't be able to change your mind.

For sure! As long as you don't perceive yourself as being hateful, your hateful and damaging actions totally don't count! :roll:

Exactly. Just because you say you're not hateful, doesn't mean you're not. Being hateful isn't about how you perceive yourself, it's about how others perceive you. Also being against gay marriage generally means you're okay with forcing your religion on people who don't believe it as law. So it's actually a pretty good comparison. In this case, the judge is forcing religion using the law, even though there's supposed to be a separation of church and state. If you want gay marriage to be illegal, you are forcing your religion on people who may not believe it using the law, and ignoring that there's a separation of church and state. The law and religion should have nothing to do with one another.

I'm not going to cherry pick the Bible. I'm sorry you are offended by me. This is an exercise in futility to debate on this subject. If you don't believe the Bible, I won't be able to change your mind.

So then it should totally be legal for gay people to get married? Because the Bible does not dictate the law, and people who do not believe in the Bible should not be forced to follow what it says.

It is hateful to want to deny gay people marriage.

So if the person you were talking to read those verses and was like "Oh, I can get married?!" you would agree with them?

Gay people can't get married in my state, so I would not say get married.

Guest Anonymous

What actions are you talking about? Typing my thoughts on FJ? Surely you know we can disagree without my position automatically labeled hateful. Or perhaps you don't.

No, by 'actions' I meant that thing where you get parole officers to send you people with substance abuse problems, and then you attempt to inprint your prejudices on them.

Archived