IGNORED

Racism? Or just mean?

phoenissadido

I think that was a perfect storm of slut shaming AND racism.

yup.

ETA: my grandmother's frybread on a bad day is better than the pounds of organic sugar Zsu feeds her kids

Me too.

I especially noticed how she photoshopped a long black dress onto the model.

Considering Zsu's hatrid of anyone not like her her racism, sadly, does not surprise me.

Zsu's at it again: http://stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.co ... ss-on.html

Seriously? Even as an atheist, I'm fully happy not to wear anything that other cultures find private or important to them. And the crack about the frybread just seems unnecessarily cruel. (Or characteristically cruel, if you prefer.)

Characteristically cruel, hysterical and infantile. Jealous much Zsu?

So much to be offended over...VS, Kloss, Zsu...ack where do you start with this one?

:text-yeahthat:

Zsu has got to be one of the biggest bitch bloggers I have ever come across.

With all that has happened lately, what an odd thing she cares about. Surely she knew Victoria's Secret models were far from her world view?

Y'know I would not be ashamed if my mom had been a Victoria Secret model. I think I'd be proud. And I'm pretty sure my dad would've been okay with it too.

AnonymousNovember 13, 2012 7:49 PM

Lady, what the heck are you doing complaining over some models outfit? Go do something useful in your life. And they're Native Americans or First Nation people, not Indians. Get a life.

Replies

From the comments, responding to someone who called her out for using the term "Indian."

ZsuzsannaNovember 13, 2012 8:56 PM

So let me get this straight... It is NOT okay for me to "complain" about a model's outfit, but it is okay for Native Americans to do so?

And it is okay for you to complain about my complaining, just so long as I don't complain? Aha, that makes sense!

And "First People" - I didn't know Adam and Eve were Cherokee. We have lots of Indians in our church. We love them dearly as brothers and sisters in Christ, as they very well know.

Wow. She didn't even say "some of my best friends are X." All she can muster up is "We have lots of X in our church." So clearly, she can keep referring to them by an offensive term, because they are her "brothers and sisters in Christ." I doubt she's ever asked them directly. And regardless of whether Adam and Eve were real or metaphorical, I'm fairly certain they weren't blonde Scandinavians.

Guest Anonymous

Lady, what the heck are you doing complaining over some models outfit? Go do something useful in your life. And they're Native Americans or First Nation people, not Indians. Get a life.

Replies

From the comments, responding to someone who called her out for using the term "Indian."

Wow. She didn't even say "some of my best friends are X." All she can muster up is "We have lots of X in our church." So clearly, she can keep referring to them by an offensive term, because they are her "brothers and sisters in Christ." I doubt she's ever asked them directly. And regardless of whether Adam and Eve were real or metaphorical, I'm fairly certain they weren't blonde Scandinavians.

Has she asked her Native American/First Nation parishioners (if they exist) whether they even WANT her in their gene pool?

Replies

I'm more amused at her lack of reading comprehension. No one called them "first people"... Native Americans or First nations... that is what the comment pointed out to her... Ahh Zoo, you fail.

I found the photoshopped dress humorous, as well as the fact she was apparently offended by the outfit shown at a show for a lingerie company, as if it should have been "appropriate" as deemed by her. It's not only offensive, but stupid to compare the offense created by a faux war bonnet/sexualization and generalization of various Native American cultures, and the offense she alone apparently feels having viewed a picture of a model's midriff.

I'm more amused at her lack of reading comprehension. No one called them "first people"... Native Americans or First nations... that is what the comment pointed out to her... Ahh Zoo, you fail.

Yeah - that was quite a spectacular display of Zoo's (lack of) intelligence. I tried to explain the post to my husband, but ended up mostly saying "well you see Adam and Eve weren't Cherokee, so she calls First Nations people Indians" - hmmmm

:think:

I don't understand why Zsu clicked on the story. She knew perfectly well that it was likely to be illustrated with revealing pictures but chose to expose herself to that 'filth'. Not only that, but she linked the story on her blog, so there was really no point censoring the model.

Bloody hypocrite. Racist, slut shaming hypocrite.

I read this thread before reading Zsu's post, so I was quite confused. I thought you all were calling her a racist because she was complaining about someone's traditional dress being offensive. That's a whole different story. The real story is equally bad. And equally stupid.

I still think Zsu lives such an unhappy life that she can only vent in this hateful way. Seriously, no matter how sheltered she claims to be, there's no way she didn't know what Victoria's Secret is. They aren't known for using featureless mannequins to model their products, so why bother looking at this story. For Pete's sake VS sells LINGERIE. Their marketing gimmick is to use impossibly gorgeous women to titillate those aroused by women and to try to convince women they can look like those models if they wear VS products. So why on earth would those models dress "modestly."

I should have stuck to my original plan which was to not read her post and just think happy thoughts of "Yummmm, fry bread."

What is fry bread? It sounds great just from the name. I imagine it to be like eggy bread, but probably wrong on that.

As for Zsu, she's like my particular pet hate Kidist - there's no help for her. Although I suspect strongly that Kidist has mental health issues, and Zsu's just a bitch.

Why would anyone wear something which has a particular social or cultural significance if they knew that they didn't have that background and it would offend everyone who did? I mean people can get annoyed by anything, granted (I have spent the last three days in a state of constant annoyance), but it should be fairly obvious what's wrong with that picture.

What is fry bread? It sounds great just from the name. I imagine it to be like eggy bread, but probably wrong on that.

Fry bread is wonderful! I have so many memories of my Kookum (grandmother in Cree) making fry bread and bannok. It's made by mixing flour, salt, baking powder and water together then frying it in oil or shortening. You can make them into a sweet treat by topping with cinnamon sugar or have it be savory with a soup or stew.

I don't understand why Zsu clicked on the story. She knew perfectly well that it was likely to be illustrated with revealing pictures but chose to expose herself to that 'filth'. Not only that, but she linked the story on her blog, so there was really no point censoring the model.

Good point.

She's trawling for controversy. That's the only reason for her to bring it up at all. Her blog has been quiet for a while, and she always comes up with something like this when she's bored or wants attention.

Love the photoshop. She's all about having her blog safe to read around kids, but I'd much rather my kids saw me reading something illustrated with a lingerie model than all the abortion propaganda and gay hate that she doesn't feel the need to censor.

Both. Zsu is a class one bitch.

Agree!! Is she also against people who r Catholic? I also don't understand why she clicked on the story. I have seen clips of the Victoria Secret show they even say in the beginning to not have kids watch the show that is why it is usually on @ 9:30 at night!!

Agree!! Is she also against people who r Catholic? I also don't understand why she clicked on the story. I have seen clips of the Victoria Secret show they even say in the beginning to not have kids watch the show that is why it is usually on @ 9:30 at night!!

Why??

I think I saw it a few years ago (only then) I also think it had to do w/ one of their sponcers.

I just watched a little part of 'toddlers and tiaras' how on earth is it possible in a puritan country, such as the USA, a contest between toddlers dressed up like little tarts is perfectly ok and a Veronica Secret show is child inappropriate.

Archived