IGNORED

A change in the GOP?

YPestis

Nice job going back in for the edit. We almost didn't notice your SOTDRT education. You do know how to spell perpendicular, right?

Edited to add: Oh wait. There it is.

I was wrong and so was dozens of other analysts (originally "annalists").

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job going back in for the edit. We almost didn't notice your SOTDRT education. You do know how to spell perpendicular, right?

My non-college education is 100% government provided.

Edited to add: Oh wait. There it is.

Oh my word, how embarrassing! Did I misspell a word??? And then had the knowledge to correct it??? Well that's just the biggest gaffe since....well....the last time Joe Biden opened his mouth.

Lol, jericho. Everytime I see him post I'm reminded of a documentary I saw about a year ago which had a confused Brit (not Louis Theroux!) trying to make sense of the Tea Party movement. Anyhoo, one guy he profiled, who was headed up to that silly Glenn Beck rally to, heck, I don't know - give the drama llama more money for his crappy books? He was just this sad, pathetic creature parked in an armchair with no real intelligence or education save for what he'd learned from talk radio, right wing tv and the internet. He tried to convince the interviewer that he was well read and understood key concepts about the economy and taxation, but just came off as a giant buffoon.

It's cruel but I could not stop laughing.

God bless you, jericho!

Lol, jericho. Everytime I see him post I'm reminded of a documentary I saw about a year ago which had a confused Brit (not Louis Theroux!) trying to make sense of the Tea Party movement. Anyhoo, one guy he profiled, who was headed up to that silly Glenn Beck rally to, heck, I don't know - give the drama llama more money for his crappy books? He was just this sad, pathetic creature parked in an armchair with no real intelligence or education save for what he'd learned from talk radio, right wing tv and the internet. He tried to convince the interviewer that he was well read and understood key concepts about the economy and taxation, but just came off as a giant buffoon.

It's cruel but I could not stop laughing.

God bless you, jericho!

Hahahahaha! Um, how'd you know that was me?

Why is Grover Norquist, (a lobbyist and unelected person) and his "pledge" more important to Rebuplicans than the constitution or constituants?

If anyone can explain I would appreciate it.

Why is Grover Norquist, (a lobbyist and unelected person) and his "pledge" more important to Rebuplicans than the constitution or constituants?

If anyone can explain I would appreciate it.

PAC money. His crew dumped millions into Boregonia to restructure public employee pensions back in '96.

PAC money. His crew dumped millions into Boregonia to restructure public employee pensions back in '96.

That explains how he aquired power. I would like to know why he has so much power and why it is ok. I would love to read how rebuplicans justify this.

What happened to this promise? (Also, fixed that for you.)

Because what he really meant was "I don't want to admit that I love my money more than lowering the abortion rate (IT KILLS BABIES!!!) and all I really want is to punish women."

Since he is ignoring my posts, can someone else ask him if he loves his money more than babies?

I typed an answer to Jericho, and then decided there was probably no point posting it, as he'd just spout more of his patronising, bigoted nonsense.

I cannot imagine what he gets from trolling here.

And how are those principles playing out? Specifically, items 1, 2, 4, and 7. People may be created equal, but they are not coming into an equal world - ergo, item 2 is not a given. As for item 4, you still haven't answered our questions as to how you think an outright ban on abortion preserves life (yes, the life of the mother does count, even if she is a woman). And as for item 7, I'd really love to know how you think that equality of race and religion has any place in today's GOP.

And #1 and #2 means the GOP must be accepting of gays and allow us to marry whoever we want, right? Since we're created equal and want to devise a life of our own choosing. I swore I wouldn't engage but the idea of the GOP doing that, or someone like jericho condoning that, is absolutely hilarious. :lol:

No, silly! 1 and 2 only apply to straight Christians. A gay person who wants to get married, nope, not going to happen in jericho's country of equality. .

Number 4 is amusing too since the lives of the pregnant woman isn't as sacred as that of a fetus. Die suddenly in a pregnancy you were forced into? Well, sucks to be you. Have being forced into pregnancy destroy your life (as the other thread points out scientific evidence not being allowed an abortion will do) also sucks to be you. A woman's life just isn't that sacred it can be ruined if necessary. And a woman's life really isn't sacred enough to use government programs that have been shown to reduce the abortion rate. Nope, a fetus is way more sacred than a woman.

Number 7 also extremely amusing since jericho doesn't want gay Christians to get married even though it is their religion. So, yeah, his religion trumps anyone else's religion. So it is back to equality only for straight Christians.

Jericho lacks an amazing amount of self-awareness.

1. Every person is created equal.

I believe everyone is equal in worth. However, some people have inherited lives that make them more likely to suceed. For example, a white male born of upper middle class or wealthy parents will be more likely to attend good schools, have tutors, be able to engage in the right activities etc. This will give them an automatic start in life that someone born to poor parents won't have.

2. Every person has the capacity to devise a life of her or his own choosing.

I agree and it is why I support same sex marriage.

4. Sacred life.

What does that statement mean to you? My guess is that it means that a mass of cells without a brain or the ability to feel pain trumps a woman's ability to decide if she will carry a pregnancy to term

5. The preservation of property for all individuals

Ok. I'm not certain what this covers. Are you one of those people who think that the federal lands should be given to private buyers?

6. Free market

I'm for a mixed economy. I do not think that Libertarian values actually favor a true free market. They favor the larger, more powerful industries over the smaller ones.

7. Equality of race and religion

Meaning no affirmative action?

10. Tradition from Constitution.

The Bill of Rights is worth protecting. What other traditions do you mean?

11. Preserving freedom militarily when necessary.

What do you mean by 11? We've fought wars for over a decade now.

I think he has probably flounced from this thread. He wants us to take his words of utter stupidity without questioning him too much and when it gets to the point where he will have to think deeply about his beliefs to answer questions, well, that is the time for him to leave. This whole, let's not think deeply about our beliefs or question them too much really sums up the GOP mindset.

I think he has probably flounced from this thread. He wants us to take his words of utter stupidity without questioning him too much and when it gets to the point where he will have to think deeply about his beliefs to answer questions, well, that is the time for him to leave. This whole, let's not think deeply about our beliefs or question them too much really sums up the GOP mindset.

That does sound about right. SOTDRT doesn't have a debate team.

I typed an answer to Jericho, and then decided there was probably no point posting it, as he'd just spout more of his patronising, bigoted nonsense.

I get satisfaction from knowing that I gave information that you people won't get anywhere else from reading your liberal blogs.

I get satisfaction from knowing that I gave information that you people won't get anywhere else from reading your liberal blogs.

Did you give us correct information and I missed it?

I watch mainstream news, personally.

At least you admit you are trolling now. I bet you make Jesus proud.

Unlike you, Jericho, I get out of the choir room. While I have difficulty actually listening to people like you, I do read a number of right wing publications and websites on a regular basis and there are people that I actually respect on the other side, (although I'm sure you wouldn't consider them sufficiently rabidly right wing enough). All human beings are looking for confirmation for their respective biases and I am no different and I recognize that. Do you?

You really flatter yourself to believe that you are providing any valuable service here other than perhaps court jester.

:lol:

nuggets of wisdom

where is that I-just-laughed-so-hard-I-spit-coffee-everywhere emoticon when you need one?

Jericho, as said in other threads, you do not give us "information," only propaganda and fear-mongering. The only thing your trolling has done is convert people to liberalism, which I am sure is not your intent. The fact that you will not "engage in conversation" is a pretty clear indicator that you know you are in over your head when confronted with the lack of logic in your beliefs. Don't flatter yourself otherwise.

Wow most guys just have a wank.

Unlike you, Jericho, I get out of the choir room. While I have difficulty actually listening to people like you, I do read a number of right wing publications and websites on a regular basis and there are people that I actually respect on the other side, (although I'm sure you wouldn't consider them sufficiently rabidly right wing enough). All human beings are looking for confirmation for their respective biases and I am no different and I recognize that. Do you?

You really flatter yourself to believe that you are providing any valuable service here other than perhaps court jester.

I'm surrounded by crazy and not crazy republicans here in NC, so it isn't like I am living in a liberal bubble where my only non-liberal news comes from jericho.

I think he has a god complex.

Wood.

Archived