IGNORED

A change in the GOP?

YPestis

Is there anyone who is a true conservative? I'd like to know who Jericho thinks would fit that description.

This is the talking point of a rather extreme right wing part of the party.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jericho shares nuggets of trying to do his very best to not give a straight answer. Wisdom, I have not seen any of those nuggets in his posts.

But it should make you happy to know that reading threads you are in drives people to become liberal! So your posts have not been in vain!

I'm not participating in long discussions anymore. Just leaving you nuggets of wisdom to ponder and keep you well balanced.

Balance? Jericho, if we were to look up "unbalanced" in the dictionary, we would see your trolling face. You don't have wisdom, you have rhetoric. Now, we do still have a few questions for you. Don't pull your weakest muscle answering.

http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13539

Guest Anonymous

14 million less voters than in 2008. Obama had 10 million less alone. Where are those voters if not abstaining?

Without checking those figures at all, your logic still sucks. Those numbers suggest a lack of enthusiasm, but not a specific abstention by conservative voters.

My BIL doesn't consider people like jericho a true conservative and say that the religious crazies have drove him from the GOP.

He was like "They are all SMALL GOVERNMENT! Except then they turn around and want to the government to stop gay marriage. They want to tell women what to do with their bodies. What they really mean is that they want a government that forces their religion on others and that isn't a political party that I want to be a part of."

The GOP doesn't have room for people who are pro-gay marriage and pro-choice.

Without checking those figures at all, your logic still sucks. Those numbers suggest a lack of enthusiasm, but not a specific abstention by conservative voters.

That's what I was saying! There was lack of enthusiasm for Romney (and even more lack for Obama compared to 2008). Meanwhile we elected the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

Guest Anonymous

That's what I was saying! There was lack of enthusiasm for Romney (and even more lack for Obama compared to 2008). Meanwhile we elected the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

Your logic still sucks so much, I can't even begin... If Obama lost more votes than the Republican, doesn't that tell you something? Cripes! Whatever happened to logic?

So demographics have nothing to do with it Jericho? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it that there are a lot more brown people than there used to be. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out women don't like being told there is such thing as legitimate rape, or that all black people are mooches and all brown people need to go back to where they came from. I don't know where you live, but you may not encounter lots of liberals on a regular basis. But we do exist, and as crazy as it seems to you there are more people out there that don't share your values than do.

Answer honestly: do you really think Santorum, Newt or Perry really could have done better than Mitt?

No, Squidgy,* you didn't.

*Holy smokes, I'm becoming my Dardy.

ETA: Your logic still sucks so much, I can't even begin... If Obama lost more votes than the Republican, doesn't that tell you something? Cripes! Whatever happened to logic?

If you can't figure out that abstaining from voting is the same as not voting, the I don't want your logic.

Guest Anonymous

This could be a cultural thing. My lovely Wikipedia tells me: 'Abstention is a term in election procedure for when a participant in a vote either does not go to vote (on election day) or, in parliamentary procedure, is present during the vote, but does not cast a ballot.'

If sexual abstinence is not fucking, have I been a total fool to assume that political abstinence is definitely not fucking?

So demographics have nothing to do with it Jericho? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it that there are a lot more brown people than there used to be. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out women don't like being told there is such thing as legitimate rape, or that all black people are mooches and all brown people need to go back to where they came from. I don't know where you live, but you may not encounter lots of liberals on a regular basis. But we do exist, and as crazy as it seems to you there are more people out there that don't share your values than do.

Answer honestly: do you really think Santorum, Newt or Perry really could have done better than Mitt?

No, I don't think any of them could have done better. Romney was probably the best choice the GOP had this round. And as I said, he could have pulled off a win had the GOTV been better organized. It was really really close in several key states. It might be an advantage to the Republicans in 2014 that Romney lost. There is a lot of up and coming new blood in the GOP and having Romney in there to run again would just delay some possible greatness. The GOP is far from dead and their answer should not be to move to the left. It should be to go back to true conservative values. We don't need two liberal parties.

I'm not participating in long discussions anymore. Just leaving you nuggets of wisdom shit to ponder and keep you well balanced.

What happened to this promise? (Also, fixed that for you.)

No, I don't think any of them could have done better. Romney was probably the best choice the GOP had this round. And as I said, he could have pulled off a win had the GOTV been better organized. It was really really close in several key states. It might be an advantage to the Republicans in 2014 that Romney lost. There is a lot of up and coming new blood in the GOP and having Romney in there to run again would just delay some possible greatness. The GOP is far from dead and their answer should not be to move to the left. It should be to go back to true conservative values. We don't need two liberal parties.

So what values does a real conservative candidate express/uphold?

It's true the margins were not wide, but places that used to be solidly red are turning purple or even blue (Florida, North Carolina, Virgina). Do you think the GOP can continue to survive while ignoring demographic realities?

Efr

A real conservative values a Christian theocracy, no abortion, making English the only language, taking back womens' rights to abortion and voting, not allowing LGBT people to get married, allowing spanking, and allowing slavery to happen, along with no food stamps and healthcare American government. Duh! :roll:

If that is the best you have, y'all are in trouble. :shock:

emmidahl, those repubes aren't in trouble as long as they have voter suppression on their side, the sickos. :puke-front: Democrats don't suppress voters.

So what values does a real conservative candidate express/uphold?

It's true the margins were not wide, but places that used to be solidly red are turning purple or even blue (Florida, North Carolina, Virgina). Do you think the GOP can continue to survive while ignoring demographic realities?

Efr

Here's some basic conservative values.

1. Every person is created equal.

2. Every person has the capacity to devise a life of her or his own choosing.

3. Limited Federal Government

4. Sacred life.

5. The preservation of property for all individuals

6. Free market

7. Equality of race and religion

8. Privatization of economy

9. Low tax rates

10. Tradition from Constitution.

11. Preserving freedom militarily when necessary.

emmidahl, those repubes aren't in trouble as long as they have voter suppression on their side, the sickos. :puke-front: Democrats don't suppress voters.

Haha. 59 precincts in Philly had 0 Romney votes and GOP is suppressing votes?

I've been wondering when Jericho would show up to tell us poor, silly wimmins how we don't understand politics at all, and to refuse to answer any of our difficult questions, of course. Mostly because I remembered this:

Jericho: I guess we will really find out after the election. I think the liberal media is in for a big surprise. I can see the MSNBC anchors now almost crying, "this wasn't supposed to happen. The polls, what happened to the polls?".

So how'd that work out for you, Jericho? I thought the liberal media was ignorant and biased -- now it turns out that the repubs were doomed to lose because Romney "wasn't conservative enough", so the liberal polls were right all along? :roll:

4. Sacred life.

6. Free market

9. Low tax rates

It's not always about the message, but how it comes across. And the GOP is doing a terrible job relaying their values to anyone who is not a white male.

I've been wondering when Jericho would show up to tell us poor, silly wimmins how we don't understand politics at all, and to refuse to answer any of our difficult questions, of course. Mostly because I remembered this:

So how'd that work out for you, Jericho? I thought the liberal media was ignorant and biased -- now it turns out that the repubs were doomed to lose because Romney "wasn't conservative enough", so the liberal polls were right all along? :roll:

BRB...worshipping at the altar of the pagan god Math.

:bow-blue:

4. Sacred life.

6. Free market

9. Low tax rates

And how are those principles playing out? Specifically, items 1, 2, 4, and 7. People may be created equal, but they are not coming into an equal world - ergo, item 2 is not a given. As for item 4, you still haven't answered our questions as to how you think an outright ban on abortion preserves life (yes, the life of the mother does count, even if she is a woman). And as for item 7, I'd really love to know how you think that equality of race and religion has any place in today's GOP.

I was wrong and so was dozens of other analysts. It seemed incredible that Democrats would get 7-8 percent more votes than Republicans, but the polls were right on. Unbelievable that Obama could lose 10 million votes from 2008 and Romney still could not win.

Archived