IGNORED

A change in the GOP?

YPestis

I know very little about the Wildrose Alliance party other than they're crazy, but I did mean at a federal level, specifically for Prime Minister, they wouldn't be talking about gays or abortions. No one who wants to be prime minister would have a chance if they spoke about such things. Even Stephen Harper, who was once publicly against gay marriage, won't talk about it anymore.

No that would never happen in Ontario, and most of the crazy MPs do seem to come from Alberta, but I think that's part of the reason that a prime minister can't be openly anti choice or openly anti gay marriage. Because they need all the other provinces to win, particularly they'd need the big cities, and they wouldn't get that if they openly showed their crazy.

Out of curiosity, do you get that sort of crazy propaganda for federal elections as well? And have you ever heard of a Canadian fundie who's against universal healthcare? That's one thing I've never understood about fundies. The federal conservative party, although has its flaws, does not use crazy social conservatism as part of its platform like the American Republicans.

I have to say, the Wildrose Party's crazy lost them a lot of support. They were projected to win by a landslide and that did not happen, and a lot of it is attributed to their racist and homophobic remarks. Meanwhile a fair few people voted for them because they viewed our conservative government as corrupt and we no way in hell going to vote liberal or NDP. So I wouldn't necessarily say the fact that they are official opposition proves that running on conservative social issues is a viable strategy except in certain ridings (the vast majority of WRP wins were in the southern part of the province, not including Calgary (which was mostly conservative) -- a region that has a lot more overt fundies and mormons. Only one riding in northern Alberta went WRP, and four in Edmonton went NDP, believe it or not!).

Some Albertans support a two-tier healthcare system (mostly rich people), but I've never met anyone who wants to privatize it totally. I think most people view healthcare as one of the best things about being a Canadian. Mind you, I've only met a small number of fundies in my little life, so I might not be a great judge.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I think we are seeing a gradual movement towards a more progressive government. But, here's the thing we will need a Democratic majority in the House and Senate to really get an upper hand over the GOP. Also, the GOP (especially the extreme right branch) have just lost touch with reality and the American people. I know many people who have been die-hard Republicans until the Tea Part and the religious extremist came into play. They are now solid Democrats.

I agree. I think we are seeing a gradual movement towards a more progressive government. But, here's the thing we will need a Democratic majority in the House and Senate to really get an upper hand over the GOP. Also, the GOP (especially the extreme right branch) have just lost touch with reality and the American people. I know many people who have been die-hard Republicans until the Tea Part and the religious extremist came into play. They are now solid Democrats.

That's also been my experience, but some of those former Republicans have simply become non-partisan, or if they remained registered as Republican, they didn't vote for Romney. They realized that the reason Obama won reelection was because the Tea Party and the fundies have taken over the GOP, and for that party to start winning elections, it's going to have to get more moderate.

That's also been my experience, but some of those former Republicans have simply become non-partisan, or if they remained registered as Republican, they didn't vote for Romney. They realized that the reason Obama won reelection was because the Tea Party and the fundies have taken over the GOP, and for that party to start winning elections, it's going to have to get more moderate.

No, the reason Romney lost was because Republicans nominated a moderate and not a true conservative. They've done that over and over again since Reagan. Dole, W. Bush (to an extent), McCain, and now Romney. If real conservative values and candidates were offered, the Republicans would be a force to recon with. They just keep watering down their conservative values.

Romney could have pulled it off however IF his GOTV had worked better. There was a massive failure in their new computer system.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Orca-How-the-Romney-Campaign-Suppressed-Its-Own-Vote

No, the reason Romney lost was because Republicans nominated a moderate and not a true conservative. They've done that over and over again since Reagan. Dole, W. Bush (to an extent), McCain, and now Romney. If real conservative values and candidates were offered, the Republicans would be a force to recon with. They just keep watering down their conservative values.

Romney could have pulled it off however IF his GOTV had worked better. There was a massive failure in their new computer system.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/08/Orca-How-the-Romney-Campaign-Suppressed-Its-Own-Vote

Here you go my dear.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13539

Last thread you left without answering numerous questions, since you will do the same in this one, why don't we just keep it all in one thread.

No, the reason Romney lost was because Republicans nominated a moderate and not a true conservative.

I was shaking my head confusedly until I realized jericho was back. :violin:

So exactly what were all the "real conservatives" doing on election day?

Are you telling me that they preferred to sit out the election and let a black, Muslim, homosexual, commie, baby-eating Democrat win over someone only slightly less conservative than them?

Blaming ORCA is just another case of denial. Heck the Republicans never even tested the model in small local elections. They pissed away a pile of money on a software and a new GOTV strategy that couldn't even be implemented.

In the mean time I was spending 4 hours a day calling off strike sheets into states like FL and OH, emailing my spreadsheets in nightly. Dems pursued this GOTV tactic because it worked. Republicans dismissed it because they hate all things Saul Alinisky. Now they are tripping over their communal dicks pointing fingers at a party that ignored a shifting national demographic and shifting national attitudes of many folks who were potential republican votes (and RINOs as well).

Here you go my dear.

Last thread you left without answering numerous questions, since you will do the same in this one, why don't we just keep it all in one thread.

I'm not participating in long discussions anymore. Just leaving you nuggets of wisdom to ponder and keep you well balanced.

So exactly what were all the "real conservatives" doing on election day?

Are you telling me that they preferred to sit out the election and let a black, Muslim, homosexual, commie, baby-eating Democrat win over someone only slightly less conservative than them?

They didn't vote. That was Romney's problem.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not participating in long discussions anymore. Just leaving you nuggets of wisdom to ponder and keep you well balanced.

I've never heard it called 'wisdom' before. When my cat does it on the carpet, we call it 'shit'.

Why should anyone pay any attention to anything you say since you are too lazy to even answer basic questions?

Might as well put me on ignore because I will be responding to every single one of your posts with this link and reminding people what you do when you post. You stir up drama and flounce. All in the name of Jesus.

If that's true (it isn't), then why didn't they?

Quick Answer. They were mad about the Romney being the nominee, and Obama would be even worse so they just abstained.

Guest Anonymous

That doesn't make sense. If 'Obama would be even worse', it makes no sense not to vote. If this was their logic, the 'real conservatives' must be really stupid... oh, wait!

That doesn't make sense. If 'Obama would be even worse', it makes no sense not to vote. If this was their logic, the 'real conservatives' must be really stupid... oh, wait!

Makes total sense. Not every voter is as engaged as we are. You have to look at things like TV ratings. Nothing good, just turn off the TV.

Guest Anonymous

Makes total sense. Not every voter is as engaged as we are. You have to look at things like TV ratings. Nothing good, just turn off the TV.

"Because banana orange kitten potato!"

Google Chrome cannot translate your lack of logic.

Quick Answer. They were mad about the Romney being the nominee, and Obama would be even worse so they just abstained.

Well that's...logical.

"Long answer: I can't give a long answer because I'm a troll for Jesus and I only like not giving real answers!"

Proof: This thread.

Jindall is right they need to stop being 'The stupid party', Bobby's words, not mine :lol:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

You are such an engaged person that you spend a great deal of time in threads NOT answering questions. You don't like giving a straight answer because you are that engaged of a person!

Proof: This thread.

Jericho, you have no nuggets of wisdom to pass on to anyone....just nuggets of brainwashed, indoctrinated bullshit that has been ingrained into the pea-sized brain of yours. You aren't capable of changing anybody's mind or winning any arguments here, because you never stick around long enough to answer any hard questions. And, I believe that's because you are afraid you might actually learn something here than contradicts everything that you have been brainwashed into believing. And this is the last time I will respond to any message by you. You aren't worth my time.

Archived