IGNORED

An ATI Childhood

formergothardite

I agree with you in intent, and at the same time I think the word "abortion" is perfectly valid to use to describe a miscarriage if you're using it technically. But people are using it for a scare tactic. The word's just so loaded at this point.

I referred to my miscarriage as either a miscarriage or a "spontaneous abortion", but only to people I knew wouldn't focus on the keyword "abortion". Technically abortion's just the expulsion of an unviable fetus from the womb; that can be spontaneous or induced.

Yeah, I do get that and understand that's what it technically means (and thus don't really take issue with the use of the word 'abortifacient' in that context), just in typical usage that's the distinction and it drives me crazy that they act like the pill is the same as the actual abortion pill (RU 486? Is that what it's called?). If you called it a "spontaneous abortion" I'd get it, or if you said your uterus aborted the fetus, fine, but if they say "THE PILL CAUSES ABORTIONS!" it's just so inaccurate, and intentionally so I think. If they want to say it causes a miscarriage, then use that word. And make sure to point out that there is no significant difference between miscarriage rates of women who conceived on the pill and the general population, although this part would be too much to ask of them I'm sure.

I think I've gotten way off topic, sorry ladies and gents!

Also, one of my pet peeves is saying the pill causes abortions. No, even if it does cause miscarriages, for which there is NO evidence if you read the medical papers on it, an abortion implies intent.

And make sure to point out that there is no significant difference between miscarriage rates of women who conceived on the pill and the general population, although this part would be too much to ask of them I'm sure.

What people like LiaS allege is shedded fertilised eggs, that the lining of the uterus makes it more likely a fertilised egg will slip away. If that was the case the Duggars would never have had a positive test, would never have known they were pregnant. They can't even do their fakey I-declare-it-so science right.

I read part of this, but this guy is still way too holier-than-thou for my tastes. Nevertheless, we need more kids who have escaped fundiedom to go public.

Anyone who wonders why the Duggar girls (or the girls of any ATI family) don't "make a break for it" ought to read this. Imagine having this pushed down your throat literally from the day you were born, and believing that God would remove his blessing from your life if you deviated from Gothard's teachings in any way.

Jaycee Dugard was TWELVE when she was abducted, and her kidnapper was able to gain control over her mind and make her believe she had no choice but to stay with him. The Duggars have heard the ATI claptrap since they were toddlers. Even with their exposure to "the world" over the last few years, I think it would take one with a very strong will to actually step out of that family and take a different path in life. And with all these retreats and camps and such that reinforce Gothard's cult through forced prayer and public confession of "sins," their parents have done as much as they can to destroy those wills.

When any thought that deviated from the approved norm is considered a grievous sin, it's actually amazing to me that any child raised in this environment can find the strength to reject this way of life.

Just...yuck. YUCK. YUCK!

Archived