IGNORED

Razing Ruth posted again!

Bookworm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on your upcoming publications, Ruth/Mary!

You are an excellent writer, so keep writing even after you're done telling the story of your childhood! I'm sure the real/new you (however you feel best describes it) has plenty of insight and ideas to fill a lifetime of writing!

Yay RazingRuth!!! Although you're under no obligation to publish your story, doing so is going to help so many! Awareness of ATI and Gothard is going to help so many avoid the trap of a cult. I've been rooting for you since the beginning, and I'm so happy for your success :)

Congratulations on continuing to move forward, Mary. I wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to continuing to read about your journey. I hope you'll let us know the info about the articles and book.

Heading off to read Darth Daddy's meanderings.

I wonder how many men lead their families into this because they have problems before going all patriarchal.

Ruth has been razed, Mary shall rise up and kick some ass. :D I'm ready to pre-order on Amazon when you're ready to publish, Ruth/Mary. As for your father's letter of holiday jeer....

God is our choice for president. Jesus is Lord in 2012 and until the end of time. Amen.
The founding fathers were very specific in the qualifications to be president. Choosing God for POTUS is very unpatriotic.

We ask ourselves daily what we could do different.
You could start with studying English grammar, go straight to the chapter on adverbs.

Let us be thankful for our familys.

Be thankful for spellcheck and use it.

The text from Darth Daddy's letter really doesn't indicate a quality home school education. Is he ignorant? Are their others in the house that could have made corrections but were afraid to comment on the headship's work? Is he writing poorly on purpose, to show newsletter readers how simple and folksy he is? Can't tell if stupid or pretending to be. There's no question about anger, that comes through loud and clear.

Pleased to "meet" you, Mary! I have read your Ruth blog and see you are such a strong woman with the power to help others after all you have been through. Please come back and share with us as often as you feel comfortable. I will be interested to know if you publish -- would love to read your finished product! Hang in there, and thanks for writing here. And I agree with all the others -- you don't owe us an explanation, but I'm glad for you! :)

Ruth has been razed, Mary shall rise up and kick some ass. :D I'm ready to pre-order on Amazon when you're ready to publish, Ruth/Mary. As for your father's letter of holiday jeer....

The founding fathers were very specific in the qualifications to be president. Choosing God for POTUS is very unpatriotic.

You could start with studying English grammar, go straight to the chapter on adverbs.

Be thankful for spellcheck and use it.

The text from Darth Daddy's letter really doesn't indicate a quality home school education. Is he ignorant? Are their others in the house that could have made corrections but were afraid to comment on the headship's work? Is he writing poorly on purpose, to show newsletter readers how simple and folksy he is? Can't tell if stupid or pretending to be. There's no question about anger, that comes through loud and clear.

What's the bolding called again? A Freudian typo? :D ;)

What's the bolding called again? A Freudian typo? :D ;)

Meh, I'm still sleepy. Besides, a board post doesn't merit the same level of proofreading as a family holiday newsletter should.

So very happy for you Mary / Ruth! You have a lot of strength to create a life for yourself beyond what everyone expected and raised you to do. Congrats on the articles and the book. Be proud of yourself! You have done an amazing thing.

Meh, I'm still sleepy. Besides, a board post doesn't merit the same level of proofreading as a family holiday newsletter should.

Oh, in order to clarify: I thought it was cute. Not nagging in any way, it's just that this could SO be me. ;)

You must be very proud, Mary.

(Sorry I couldn't help it)

But seriously -- always great to hear from you and so pleased you are able to share your story with the hopes of helping other young men and women who are trapped in patriarchy.

Ruth was my intro to fundiedom too. I think I found Ruth from TWOP, and FJ from Ruth? Something like that.

Anyway, sign me up for a book purchase! Do let us know if/where your articles are published, too!

Mary, your blog was my entry to the dark side of the fundie world as well. Before I had no idea that it wasn't just another harmless-enough version of Christianity.

Mary/Ruth, congrats on the book offer and the magazine articles. So glad you are going to come out of the cocoon and be the butterfly you are meant to be.

I read the letter when you posted it on the blog, what a self important hog that man is.

How are they treating Rachel? Did she get married yet? How is Ella doing or have you slowed down contact with her?

Fly girl fly!!!!!

8-)

Welcome to FJ, Mary! Your story is an important one. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. Shine light on the darkness that covered your childhood so that others can see the way. Thank you for sharing with us.

How are they treating Rachel? Did she get married yet? How is Ella doing or have you slowed down contact with her?

First the good! Ellie is getting so big! She is a sweet, sweet girl with the cutest grin. Her parents are really patient and loving. She has many people to spoil her rotten. :) I have actually been spending more time with her than I likely would've if Rachel had stayed. I've come to see her parents as friends and I believe they regard me similarly. I have started dating one of their extended family members and, by nature of that, I've been sort of welcomed into the family.

I don't know where it's going and we've talked about how odd it could make things down the line...but, we're trying to go one step at a time and focus on what's best for Ellie.

Rachel is already married. I believe the wedding was two weeks ago. Obviously, I wasn't invited and I heard it was very low-key. Family only. No big production. She's allegedly happy and if that's true, then I'm happy for her. She doesn't want to be a subject of my blog so I'm going to respect that.

Mary-Ruth, the spelling and grammar in that letter is...unfortunate. What type of education did your father have?

Dad had a normal education! It's shocking to see how, the older he gets, and the deeper he gets into the QF movement, the worse he gets at communicating effectively. He's never been a strong writer, though. My thought (and one of my sibs agrees) is that that letter was co-written by our brother (who is the WORST educated of all of us, but the most reveered). My parents, and three sibs left at home, moved into a single wide on my fundy brother's property.

I am going to start a metal band and name it GODFIBBING. Sounds nasty. What do y'all think?

I think it sounds great!

I've re-read the letter many times and the only thing I can think of is, "did he mean to say godforbidding"?

Dad had a normal education! It's shocking to see how, the older he gets, and the deeper he gets into the QF movement, the worse he gets at communicating effectively. He's never been a strong writer, though. My thought (and one of my sibs agrees) is that that letter was co-written by our brother (who is the WORST educated of all of us, but the most reveered). My parents, and three sibs left at home, moved into a single wide on my fundy brother's property.

Thanks for responding, Mary!

So good to hear the good news about Ellie & you.

Re: your parents & younger sibs - yikes! :(

So glad to see you, Mary. Please keep in touch and let us know when the articles are available!

Archived