IGNORED

Razing Ruth posted again!

Bookworm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought she stopped blogging? Didn't she type up a post about how she had started the blog as part of her therapy, and didn't need it anymore?

Edit: yes, and offers explanation as to why she started blogging again.

Guest Anonymous

So is this the start of her giving up her anonymity then? Because if that is a round robin letter, there will be lots of people recognise it, surely?

So is this the start of her giving up her anonymity then? Because if that is a round robin letter, there will be lots of people recognise it, surely?

But anyone who received the letter would presumably already know the family, that they had so many kids, and that so many kids had already left in a particular order, so I'm not sure that posting it would out her to anyone who doesn't already recognise her family.

I owe all of you an explanation about what I'm doing with regard to my identity.

You're right, anniec. This is the beginning of my "coming out" party. I have working with a publishing company on writing a series of articles to be published in a magazine. If those go well, then we may try to put together a book with others who have left to create a marketable product. Obviously, that's going to generate interest in who I am and if I'm real. So, as I write this, I am preparing to go to court for a legal name change and limited protection order. The name change, at first, was to protect my family's identity. Then, as I went through the paperwork and the psych eval and the other necessities to getting a name change, I figured out that the name change is for me. I need to be a new person and that includes having the ability to distance myself from my family until we can meet again on my terms. I'll keep my REAL first name, with is Mary, btw. Only the last name will change. I am going to take my mother's surname. :) I think that's appropriate seeing as how most of the good things about me are from HER guidance and care, not my fathers. I spoke to a lawyer and this was his suggestion for moving my life along.

The letter in my post was sent to my brother. He forwarded a copy to me via email. Fortunately, for me, most of the family's who received it are so up to their eyes in Quiverfull and ATI, they keep my blog on the hush hush. The real harm I pose, in most ways, comes from the general public. If Gothard sees my family as a problem- he will have no problem jettisoning them from his businesses and thereby destroying the income capabilities of my father and one of my brothers and Rachel. The unspoken truce seems to be that as long as I don't cross a line and name names in specific instances, then they will likely overlook it.

Naw, you don't owe us an explanation. But thanks for giving one! Congratulations on this new era in your life and your career.

Agreed...you don't owe anybody any explanations. I wish you all the best and send you good thoughts!

Best of luck, Ruth. Glad to hear that you are moving forward and looking seriously at publishing your story. I think it will help a lot of people.

Good luck to you Ruth! (seriously, calling you Mary seems weird! LOL!) If your book gets published, I for one will be buying it !

ETS: Ok, just ran by Ruth's blog and read the letter....and that man is NOT sane! Very similar rantings to my mom's exhusband, so much so that I got chills reading it. I hope that someday he will realize that he needs help and gets it, but I know that the chances are slim to no-freaking-chance-in-hell!

Good luck to you Ruth! (seriously, calling you Mary seems weird! LOL!) If your book gets published, I for one will be buying it !

ETS: Ok, just ran by Ruth's blog and read the letter....and that man is NOT sane! Very similar rantings to my mom's exhusband, so much so that I got chills reading it. I hope that someday he will realize that he needs help and gets it, but I know that the chances are slim to no-freaking-chance-in-hell!

I have to agree this man is really disturbed. I also read the letter & did everything in my power not to vomit. He is not sane. I am soo glad u left. If u end up writing articles for a magazine or book I will get them.

Razing Ruth was one of the first blogs I read that made me see what a scary cult-like thing being a super fundamentalist Christian can be. I really had no idea of the brain-washing and abuse some of these families inflict on their supposed loved ones.

Congratulations and good luck, Mary as you move forward in your life.

Razing Ruth was one of the first blogs I read that made me see what a scary cult-like thing being a super fundamentalist Christian can be. I really had no idea of the brain-washing and abuse some of these families inflict on their supposed loved ones.

Congratulations and good luck, Mary as you move forward in your life.

Same here!! It was the first one I read. It really opened my eyes to the life the Duggar family lived & I felt my pressure rising.

Ruth was my intro to fundiedom too. I think I found Ruth from TWOP, and FJ from Ruth? Something like that.

Anyway, sign me up for a book purchase! Do let us know if/where your articles are published, too!

I owe all of you an explanation about what I'm doing with regard to my identity.

You're right, anniec. This is the beginning of my "coming out" party. I have working with a publishing company on writing a series of articles to be published in a magazine. If those go well, then we may try to put together a book with others who have left to create a marketable product. Obviously, that's going to generate interest in who I am and if I'm real. So, as I write this, I am preparing to go to court for a legal name change and limited protection order. The name change, at first, was to protect my family's identity. Then, as I went through the paperwork and the psych eval and the other necessities to getting a name change, I figured out that the name change is for me. I need to be a new person and that includes having the ability to distance myself from my family until we can meet again on my terms. I'll keep my REAL first name, with is Mary, btw. Only the last name will change. I am going to take my mother's surname. :) I think that's appropriate seeing as how most of the good things about me are from HER guidance and care, not my fathers. I spoke to a lawyer and this was his suggestion for moving my life along.

The letter in my post was sent to my brother. He forwarded a copy to me via email. Fortunately, for me, most of the family's who received it are so up to their eyes in Quiverfull and ATI, they keep my blog on the hush hush. The real harm I pose, in most ways, comes from the general public. If Gothard sees my family as a problem- he will have no problem jettisoning them from his businesses and thereby destroying the income capabilities of my father and one of my brothers and Rachel. The unspoken truce seems to be that as long as I don't cross a line and name names in specific instances, then they will likely overlook it.

I shall think of you as Mary-Ruth from now on.

I read your father's rantings. To be more effective he needs some serious help with the grammar. ;) Grammar and spelling aside, I can see he's mightily peeved that he's lost control of a good portion of his children....He needs help. I look forward to reading your articles and eventual book. The Gothard cult needs to be exposed for the destructive force that it is.....you've come a long way and have done quite well.

Be happy this holiday season, for you are free...

Sam Katz

razingruth: Delighted you have a magazine and potential book deal. The articles and (and book) will not only generate an income stream, they will help many, many people escape abusive family situations. You never cease to amaze me with your strength, dignity and poise. Go get 'em, girl!

Archived