IGNORED

The Full Quiver

debrand

thefullquiver.com/

They are a band who like the Pearls and David Barton.

The Full Quiver Bluegrass Gospel Family Band

is an eight-member homeschool family from Collinsville, Tx.

John and Shawn, along with their six of their eight children

from ten to 22 years old, "carry a pure and natural quality in their music, which is incredibly rich and beautiful."

thefullquiver.com/aboutus.htm

I'm not certain if they are trying to be funny with the way that they worded this post or not.

John ('93) plays lead and rythym guitar, mandolin and bass, and adds his bass vocals to the band. He shoots him an occasional squirrel or bobcat with his brothers, tries on every instrument he can find, welds, plays chess or checkers with anyone, repairs just about anything and helps build our cabin.

I think even country folk would find that odd. As a city girl, I have absolutely no connection to why the bolded is relevant at all. Shit, I FEED the squirrels in my 'hood.

I think even country folk would find that odd. As a city girl, I have absolutely no connection to why the bolded is relevant at all. Shit, I FEED the squirrels in my 'hood.

Maybe they feel it makes him manly.

I was curious if the poor english was a joking attempt at sounding country. Most people would have written that he enjoys hunting.

Maybe they feel it makes him manly.

I was curious if the poor english was a joking attempt at sounding country. Most people would have written that he enjoys hunting.

It's an attempt at humor. "LOL, look how country we are!"

I totally respect the squirrels because one day while I was riding my bike, a squirrel ran out in front of me paused, looked the other way and car was coming and it decided it was better to get hit by my bike than run over by a car. I looked back after hitting it and it shook it off and ran up the nearest tree. I think that an animal that is that smart deserves respect and not being shot.

Guest Anonymous
I totally respect the squirrels because one day while I was riding my bike, a squirrel ran out in front of me paused, looked the other way and car was coming and it decided it was better to get hit by my bike than run over by a car. I looked back after hitting it and it shook it off and ran up the nearest tree. I think that an animal that is that smart deserves respect and not being shot.

I watched a squirrel trying to cross the street one day. He would get about halfway across and a car would come so he turned around and ran back to the sidewalk ti wait for the next clearing. He did this a couple of times. I was happy he was a smart unsquished squirelly

I watched a squirrel trying to cross the street one day. He would get about halfway across and a car would come so he turned around and ran back to the sidewalk ti wait for the next clearing. He did this a couple of times. I was happy he was a smart unsquished squirelly

Squirrels are Smart. I had one steal a butter knife right out of my hand because it had peanut butter on it.

Squirrels are Smart. I had one steal a butter knife right out of my hand because it had peanut butter on it.

I remember a squirrel on the campus of UT-Austin scolding the crap out of a young woman who was eating a burrito. She didn't know what to do. I told her, "Just give him a piece of the soft taco and then back away." What I wanted to say was, "Don't eat in front of the squirrels, they get aggressive about food."

This is off topic but you people have set my ADD to work.

A few weeks ago the Mexican government had a presentation of some members of the drug cartel, The Zetas. One of the prisoners was a round faced, short man who looked about as dangerous as Uncle Fester. Honestly, if I was lost and wandered into a crowd of people, he is one of the people that I'd probably walk up to and ask for help. He just looks harmless. However, in reality, he is NOT harmless. He has killed many people and authorized a mass killing of innocent people. So, he is an evil and dangerous person.

Guess what his nick name is? La Ardilla...The Squirrel. :shock:

Is anyone getting the feeling that squirrels have evolved to the point they're intelligent enough to take over parts of the U.S.?

I, for one, welcome our new fluffy overlords.

Is anyone getting the feeling that squirrels have evolved to the point they're intelligent enough to take over parts of the U.S.?

3_tiny_overlord.jpg

Noooooooooooo! Those things are everywhere here where I live and they freak me out! I've had a few follow me and I did NOT like the feeling of fearing a squirrel. If that happens, I might have to become a guerilla fighter. Viva la revolución!

Guest Anonymous
John ('93) plays lead and rythym guitar, mandolin and bass, and adds his bass vocals to the band. He shoots him an occasional squirrel or bobcat with his brothers, tries on every instrument he can find, welds, plays chess or checkers with anyone, repairs just about anything and helps build our cabin.

Sick! If you're not going to eat it, don't shoot it. If they're not eating those animals, then that's abuse and murder. Who eats bobcats? That's probably not even legal. You have to get licenses to shoot things other than small game.

Sick! If you're not going to eat it, don't shoot it. If they're not eating those animals, then that's abuse and murder. Who eats bobcats? That's probably not even legal. You have to get licenses to shoot things other than small game.

Actually, it's legal to shoot them without a tag in TX last I heard. And folks do eat them as well. Not saying I would do it.

There's some decent instrumental playing in their recordings, but some of the vocals are very nasal and scoopy, even by Country standards, and some would be lovely to listen to in a family setting, but aren't, I think, something that should have been recorded for sale.

It was so exciting to meet all the families from all over the U.S. celebrating life,

marriage, singleness, childhood and a deep love for God! We were all so edified and

encouraged that we're pumped and ready to be 'peculiar' (Titus 2:14; 1 Peter 2:9).

A weekend with the Pearls and all the NGJ families was such an eye opener of

how to follow Christ with joy and confidence in who we are. They also shared

lots of practical helps in the workshops, Meet 'n' Greet games for the

unmarrieds and were always willing to talk with anyone anytime!

Just good, clean fun, eh? :roll:

Guest Anonymous
There's some decent instrumental playing in their recordings, but some of the vocals are very nasal and scoopy, even by Country standards, and some would be lovely to listen to in a family setting, but aren't, I think, something that should have been recorded for sale.

Just good, clean fun, eh? :roll:

I'll bet it was an eye-opener. They were probably comparing plumbing-line techniques.

I remember a squirrel on the campus of UT-Austin scolding the crap out of a young woman who was eating a burrito. She didn't know what to do. I told her, "Just give him a piece of the soft taco and then back away." What I wanted to say was, "Don't eat in front of the squirrels, they get aggressive about food."

My first year of college my buddy and I were walking across campus to get to the dining hall one Saturday morning and we heard a rustling in a garbage can near where we were walking. All of a sudden a squirrel popped up! It had been eating a ketchup packet and it's little mouth was all red and gory looking. I love the squirrels here. We feed them so our indoor kitties can have something fun to watch. Killing any animal, or just saying that you do, just to be country is just so tacky. Wait, it's a home-schooled family band called "Full Quiver", they are that classy.

My first year of college my buddy and I were walking across campus to get to the dining hall one Saturday morning and we heard a rustling in a garbage can near where we were walking. All of a sudden a squirrel popped up! It had been eating a ketchup packet and it's little mouth was all red and gory looking. I love the squirrels here. We feed them so our indoor kitties can have something fun to watch. Killing any animal, or just saying that you do, just to be country is just so tacky. Wait, it's a home-schooled family band called "Full Quiver", they are that classy.

Squirrels are smart little bastards. I had left some peanuts on my window and I guess the squirrels could see the can through the window blinds. While I was taking a nap I started to hear banging on the window. I thought someone was breaking in so I went to check it out the squirrels were ramming my window trying to get the peanuts. :lol:

plays chess or checkers with anyone

Why is that important? It doesn't mean he's good at the games. Willingness to play does not translate into skill or ability, so who cares? :roll:

Why is that important? It doesn't mean he's good at the games. Willingness to play does not translate into skill or ability, so who cares? :roll:

So they see the isolation the Pearls' preach and decided to pre-emptively declare their love for everyone? :roll:

Guest Anonymous

I nearly had a squirrel eat out of my hand once... I was feeding them and the pigeons bread and powdered donuts. He looked like he wanted to grab it and run but he was too scared to get too close so I threw it to him. He ate it ans was happy

When MrKay and I started dating, our pet names for each other were Chipmunk and Squirrel/Skirrel ("skirrel" being the redneck pronunciation, because MrKay has quite the Larry-the-Cable-Guy-meets-Hank-Hill accent) (I'm Chipmunk, he's Skirrel). I can watch squirrels for hours. My mom, my grandmother and I always kept tabs on all of the squirrels who lived near us; along with little identifying features, they all had distinct personalities, and they could be very amusing to watch. I totally understand eating them if that's all you can come up with for your family, but I've known a few assholes who would shoot them just for kicks and target practice. Those guys deserve to be stalked by this squirrel:

tumblr_mcl1wcgNbJ1rbzocfo1_500.jpg

Archived