IGNORED

Slight heel, matching stuff = LADY

super skeptic

miss goofy is violating a few very fashion rules regarding matching:

shoes and purse should match, as well as belt if worn.

gloves, scark and shoes should match. the exception would be leather gloves.

you should only wear 1 neutral color at a time.

i remember these from my '80s-tastic emily cho book. "how to dress

which showed you how to build a serviceable wardrobe. she told you what order to purchase core pieces in, as you can afford to buy them. her advice still stands solid, although i might not buy the bell-bottomed dress slacks.

Nah, that's outdated now. Shoes and purses should "go", they don't have to match; it's also ok to wear more than one neutral color at a time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Kidist. I suppose in crazytown, where she lives, it makes total sense that one's "fashion sense" would catch the attention of a dude doing manual labour wearing a fluorescent vest.

I thought I dressed like a LADY today until I realized my purse didn't match, I pumped my own gas and went to the office and worked 10 hours. I'd tell her the real reason that he helped her out but her head would explode when it contained the words tits and ass.

I can't walk in "slight" heels. I need them to be all or nothing. For one, I have no pants that are the right length for the "slight" heel. Two, I am short. I'm used to either high heels, wedges, or flats. The "slight" heels just seem pointless to me. It's like I'm all off balance and the wrong height.

Today I wore black riding pants, brown non-riding boots, a checkered shirt and a scarf. It's 11 degrees outside. I wanted to get to work on time, do my job, and go home. Our heat in the office isn't reliable (we have space heaters while they look into the problem) so I wore layers. She'd probably faint.

I had taken the time to look feminine, which means that I wasn't going to:

a. Refuse any help, attributing such help to male chauvinism

b. Did need help, since my coat could get soiled by the gravel dust, and my shoes had a slight heel, and I was losing some balance on the pebbles of gravel

c. I did look concerned and unsure how to tackle this obstruction

In other words, she looked like she couldn't cross the damned street by herself. She looked weak, uncertain, and incompetent, and thus required rescuing by a man (who recognized that she was going to fall on her ass, trying to walk across gravel in heels, however slight they may have been).

I'm not a raving beauty, and I don't always take pains to dress up before leaving the house, and even when I do, "femininity" never enters my mind. And yet, somehow, by some miracle, road workers and guys on construction sites still show concern if they see me crossing uneven ground. Part of it's basic politeness; the rest is the simple fact that a pedestrian falling on his or her ass on their jobsite is a Bad Thing. Some people are lawsuit-happy, others just turn into rageheads and raise a fuss, and even nice people who say it's no big deal end up bruised and dirty. No matter what happens, it stops work, which pisses management-types off.

Oh, and when I refuse help? It's because I simply don't need it. I will accept offered help if I do, and either way I will smile and give thanks for the offer. But I see no benefit to using some working Joe to help me play out my "ladylike" fantasies. He's got a job to do, and proving to the world how much more feminine I am than other women isn't it.

And her latest post, the one she put up today? Yes, Kidist, the world's changing. It has a tendency to do that, you know. And you can spend the rest of your life kicking and screaming and making your feeble, toothless attempts at "resistance," but it's going to keep changing--there is no going back, only forward.

Well, obviously the guys doing construction in my area today didn't get the message. They nodded and greeted me thus morning, making sure the cars waited for pedestrians, and made sure I was safe where I had to walk in the street. They were very polite, even though I'm overweight, wearing brown shoes and carrying a black purse (too lazy this morning to change purses), and wearing jeans. Oh, and my brown shoes are my awesome MBTs that are decidedly not feminine.

She's a moron

Ugh, black and brown together? Nothing makes me rage harder than whatever fashion god declared the two should be mixed. No, NO!

What a boring, boring outfit. But wasn't the lousewife about drab outfits on New Yorkers during the big storm? Kidist's outfit looks unspeakably drab to me. She might want to have a word with her friend!

Maybe it's the cloche hat, maybe it's the lack of color pop, but to me that outfit just seems like it would age a person terribly.

When you think you're the center of the universe, the whole world is your own private Truman Show.

(comment directed at the blogger, not to anybody responding here)

Hardly anyone wears hose or tights anymore. The last time I wore tights was for a 1940's costume and that was a few years ago.

This- I only wear them for a few reasons-

1- I am at a formal event and need black to go with what I'm wearing (I'm a musician, so generally it's for concerts)

2- I am cold, but need to wear a skirt.

3- I have managed to walk into something and bruise up my legs before someplace where I need a skirt, so I'm trying to hide my klutziness.

I am also one of the people who can't wear heels if I have to walk anywhere, I have a congenital deformity in my hips, my gait is messed up.

Of course I tend to wear jeans 90% of the time.

Yeah, I do wear tights if I have to, but heels, no, I can't. I have a foot that's really fucked up and its favourite thing to do is turn sideways and make me fall over. Heels guarantee I will rebreak my ankle or at least severely damage my plate and pins.

Kidist is so weird. Why is it important if you wear a heel or not? Who's staring at women's feet to see if they're feminine enough before allowing them across the road?

I am currently obsessed with this blog. Everything she says is so nonsensical, it's almost word salad. Reminds me of my paranoid schizophrenic mom.

Whoever said a flat can't be feminine obviously has never seen a darling little ballet flat with a rounded toe. Love those suckers.

Kidist has ALL the screws loose in her head.

Guest Anonymous
When you think you're the center of the universe, the whole world is your own private Truman Show.

(comment directed at the blogger, not to anybody responding here)

:music-rockon: :music-rockout: :orcs-cheers: :text-bravo:

Best comment I've seen on this thread!

Yeah, that's right, the construction worker noted 5 points of inspection for your outfit. Call me when you get back to reality. :lol:

miss goofy is violating a few very fashion rules regarding matching:

shoes and purse should match, as well as belt if worn.

gloves, scark and shoes should match. the exception would be leather gloves.

you should only wear 1 neutral color at a time.

i remember these from my '80s-tastic emily cho book. "how to dress

which showed you how to build a serviceable wardrobe. she told you what order to purchase core pieces in, as you can afford to buy them. her advice still stands solid, although i might not buy the bell-bottomed dress slacks.

And this too. Stacey and Clinton or any of the Project Runway crew would be all over that shit.

Whoever said a flat can't be feminine obviously has never seen a darling little ballet flat with a rounded toe. Love those suckers.

Kidist has ALL the screws loose in her head.

Ah, yes. Audrey Hepburn, so unfeminine.

ahepburn_flats_v_11jul12_rex_320x480.jpg

Keep scrolling down, hive vagina. She has some doozies. Love the Anderson Cooper post. Apparently, being/coming out as gay makes you ugly and old. Except he's still HAWT. Also, Kim Kardashian has had cat-eye and ass-enhancement surgeries, according to Her Royal Fineness. And anyone Asian who takes care of your baby is a potential murderer because she's jealous of you and secretly hates your kid. OH! And Victorian gowns with stripes are so much better than anything with stripes today, which is crap. Also, MERMAIDS DON'T HAVE TO BE BLONDE, DUH, KIM KARDASHIAN. BECAUSE OF ARIEL.

And you know what? A construction worker helping you out in a situation where the correct walkway was not clear is also about LIABILITY. You get hurt, his company gets sued. He might have just been the foreman, there to make sure nothing happened while they were planning the correct traffic flow. Or he might have just been nice and it had nothing to do with Your Vagina And How You Dress It.

I once had a commercial bus driver come over to shake my hand at a gas station. He was so impressed that a. I knew how to check the oil, and b. I did it--he just had to meet me. He was from the South and said his wife/daughters/sisters, etc. would never do it and he thought that was totally ridiculous. :) I told him he might just be a Yankee at heart. ;)

This woman is NUTS. And how dare she criticize the Obama children? They're KIDS. Off limit, period. While I did like Janna Ryan's dress better than Michelle Obama's, it's only because I have a thing for plaid. Mrs. Obama looked flat out amazing.

Sheesh. That blog promises hours of crazy.

Kidist, Kidist, Kidist. I hate to break this to you, but you are black.

I am white. You are black. If you stood the two of us side by side, no-one would be in any doubt as to which was the black one. That would be, um, you.

If you look at yourself in the mirror, you're looking at one of those eeebil non-whites, because you are black. For the avoidance of doubt, that would be BLACK. As in not white.

I can understand people have political differences with Obama, but you have such a confused view of your own ethnicity it's difficult to know where to start. You aren't white. You're not Caucasian either. And that doesn't matter. I wish I could get you to understand it doesn't matter, because as we say in Scotland "we're a' Jock Tamson's bairns". To translate that, it means "we're all John Thomson's kids". It means we're all equal. You and me, the Chinese bloke down the street, the First Nations girl you see catching the bus every morning. The Asian lady who determinedly is trying to memorise the chapter of the Qu'ran on the train. The gay folk holding hands. We're a' Jock Tamson's bairns and we are not your enemies.

I am so sad you don't see that and I hope, one day, you will.

JFC, in light of this post, if I hear you say ONE MORE WORD about your "low intellect," I will get on the next flight (or series of flights) to Scotland and smack you upside the head. And then I'll feel really bad and take you out for a nice meal and buy you whatever outfit you want. :romance-kisscheek:

WHAT is her deal about flat shoes? They look cute, and, depending, can look very "ladylike." Aren't they better for your back than heels anyway? (correct me if I'm wrong.)

And anyway, some of us CAN'T handle even the "slight high heels" because we'd fall and break our necks in anything besides flats. In that picture, I would constantly be tripping somehow...

Heels are bad for your feet and back. I only wore heels with my dress uniform in the Navy, they were required. I chose the lowest heels I could find. I never wear heels now.

:music-rockon: :music-rockout: :orcs-cheers: :text-bravo:

Best comment I've seen on this thread!

+1!

I make no claims to psychiatric expertise, but I do believe Kidist qualifies as clinically mentally ill. Paranoid schizophrenic? Delusional? "Just plain nuts," to quote Gary Larson? That would be for the pros to diagnose. But she is, clearly, a legend in her own mind.

She makes some pretty grandiose claims in the "About" section of her blog. Many are too vague to be verified, but there are a few specifics. Just for fun (yes, that might raise an eyebrow or two about me ;) ), I've been doing a bit of fact-checking:

Her contribution to the arts community includes as Board of Director for Trinity Square Video, a non-profit video art organization.

Um, nope, there's no mention of her on Trinity Square Video's website - board member roster or otherwise.

Her vision of trying to understand and build upon this art history and theory has enabled her to write many articles on art, society and culture, which have been published in Chronwatch.com and the Botanical Artists of Canada Newsletter.

She does appear twice in the Botanical Artists of Canada Newsletter - Summer '07 (welcomed aboard, and a contributed article entitled "Botanical Art and the Decorative Arts"), and Spring '08 (another article, "How to Get Your Botanical Paintings Out Into the World"). Nothing since then, and no mention of her under Member Galleries, which leads me to conclude her connection with the group was short-lived. One wonders just what happened there... (Aside: these folks make some really exquisite art, just sayin'.)

When I Google Chronwatch.com, dire warnings appear about the site's ability to harm my computer, so we'll just have to take Kidist's word on that one.

Kidist's recent Obama-trashing, family-portrait-analyzing, Michelle-is-a-bad-mother spewing have gotten on my one remaining nerve. I emailed her a few days ago, stating my belief that she suffers from serious mental illness, and respectfully suggesting it's time to seek help from a qualified mental health professional. Not surprisingly, there has been no response.

So this is me, now walking away from the crazy.

Guest Anonymous

+1!

I make no claims to psychiatric expertise, but I do believe Kidist qualifies as clinically mentally ill. Paranoid schizophrenic? Delusional? "Just plain nuts," to quote Gary Larson? That would be for the pros to diagnose. But she is, clearly, a legend in her own mind.

She makes some pretty grandiose claims in the "About" section of her blog. Many are too vague to be verified, but there are a few specifics. Just for fun (yes, that might raise an eyebrow or two about me ;) ), I've been doing a bit of fact-checking:

Um, nope, there's no mention of her on Trinity Square Video's website - board member roster or otherwise.

She does appear twice in the Botanical Artists of Canada Newsletter - Summer '07 (welcomed aboard, and a contributed article entitled "Botanical Art and the Decorative Arts"), and Spring '08 (another article, "How to Get Your Botanical Paintings Out Into the World"). Nothing since then, and no mention of her under Member Galleries, which leads me to conclude her connection with the group was short-lived. One wonders just what happened there... (Aside: these folks make some really exquisite art, just sayin'.)

When I Google Chronwatch.com, dire warnings appear about the site's ability to harm my computer, so we'll just have to take Kidist's word on that one.

Kidist's recent Obama-trashing, family-portrait-analyzing, Michelle-is-a-bad-mother spewing have gotten on my one remaining nerve. I emailed her a few days ago, stating my belief that she suffers from serious mental illness, and respectfully suggesting it's time to seek help from a qualified mental health professional. Not surprisingly, there has been no response.

So this is me, now walking away from the crazy.

I recall, from a much earlier thread, that she was touting her talents as a fabric designer. However, most posters including me were underwhelmed by her designs. While they weren't glaringly awful, they weren't memorable either. She's probably deeply embittered that Ralph Lauren or someone hasn't acknowledged the awesomeness that is Kidist, by giving her a fat contract. For one thing, no matter how talented you are, no reputable design firm is going to put its reputation in the toilet by hiring someone with issues like hers. For another thing, if she wants to make a living with her talent, she has to accept that her degree of ability is a dime-a-dozen, and do something to make her abilities noteworthy. If she even got a foothold in this field her head would explode because keeping her job would mean being polite to: gays, women and nonwhites.

Archived