IGNORED

Post a youtube

JesusFightClub

I always love seeing FJists' music choices, so please post what you are listening to.

I am on a folk thing at the moment strangely. It's like comfort music for me. (Hope these work)

PqbI6UyVimQ

That one's in Scots so Americans might struggle a bit with it. Quick translations:

tak' tent o = take note of or pay attention to

swart supper't = they fed him enough food

heid bummer = like "high heid yin", it's a contemptuous way of talking about a boss

wheeched = it's like grabbing or snatching something. "He wheeched it awa'."

nae mair = what it is in English, "no more"

ken't = knew. "Ken" is "know" in Scots. So for example "Ah didnae ken" means "I didn't know"

gey close tae scunnert = the best way I can describe this is "He was really near to being in bad trouble" but Hulett means it as "He nearly died". If you're scunnert, you're fucked, basically.

ower blaistart = they were very excited and angry (there is not a clear translation for this, I don't think).

Ilk wey = every way (the lyric says "every way the government turned they were in trouble", as best as I can translate)

Hopefully other Scots can explain better than me :oops:

Here is a nice song in English after that. This is very popular on the Left, strangely.

a0UA2UjJYbU

And a hymn, to fit in with the tone of the board. (A very nice one)

SmDwjDiDXb8

A personal favourite (I apologise in advance for this. I really am sorry. It just gets stuck in my head)

nHY14OVk7r0

Now I would like to hear your YouTube favourites

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eisbrecher "Verrückt"

yjO1bMHbDpY

Gackt "Ghost"

C3Uw9YClm2E

Lykke Li "I Follow Rivers"

vZYbEL06lEU

Rammstein "Ohne Dich"

9pkLDEEs20U

Smashing Pumpkins "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning"

59g5R8rwqpY

One Republic "All The Right Moves"

qrOeGCJdZe4

Iron Maiden "Wicker Man"

Z3L3TWwdxpo

Iron Maiden "Dance of Death"

MZDB0mAMkA4

Apocalyptica "Nothing Else Matters"

Ks5d3qmnoWA

Within Temptation "Jillian" (contains spoilers for Serenity)

BkmgsksTT4A

Am loving a bit of Florence at the moment. It's my cooking choice on the iPod. Also a shuffle of The Pixies stuff. Makes me feel 15 and invincible.

JFC, I fixed your youtube tags. For everyone - to insert a youtube video, copy the part of the URL that comes after the v= and put it in the youtube tags (found in the same area that gives you bold tags or italics tags when you're making a post. Or just use )

So, for the video I'm going to post, it would look like this (without the spaces):

[ youtube ] EJZBOPwSI8U [ /youtube ]

EJZBOPwSI8U

Am loving a bit of Florence at the moment. It's my cooking choice on the iPod. Also a shuffle of The Pixies stuff. Makes me feel 15 and invincible.

Aaah, the Pixies. Soundtrack to my teenage years (and still often the soundtrack to my drive to work. There was a 2-hour special on Sky Arts earlier today of one of their more recent gigs, I have recorded it to watch later.

I have to add this footage of my hero Jack White at Ally Pally last week because I was there!! Awesome gig, well worth a freezing train journey home at 2am.

IdLdfCOiGyc

SEK, thank you! I knew I spelt the topic wrong as well, I can't spell and I was typing it with one finger while putting my work pants on. Then I couldn't fix it from my mobile.

I'm so excited to look at all of these :dance:

SEK, thank you! I knew I spelt the topic wrong as well, I can't spell and I was typing it with one finger while putting my work pants on. Then I couldn't fix it from my mobile.

I'm so excited to look at all of these :dance:

No problem! My tendencies towards OCD wouldn't allow me to leave it well enough alone. :)

Oh no, not catchy rebel tunes... Though the biggest earworm is...

"Come out, you black n' tans, come and fight me like a man, show your wives how you won medals down in Flaaaaaanders..." =]

Each December I do what I call a "musical Advent calendar" on Facebook, which is basically just me posting an assortment of holiday/winterish songs, one per day, from the 1st to the 24th (plus some kind of prelude on November 30th, usually). Just whatever strikes my whim, and generally pretty mainstream-leaning—this year I'm leading with Andy Williams, since it's kind of this year or never now, and I expect there'll be stuff like Sinatra, Donny Hathaway, and Tori Amos thrown in as well. One of my favorite picks, though, is this random album track:

7hdZXizio4c

And as it happens, B5SnowDog, a little Apocalyptica too:

zJL6TP3YCHQ

Each December I do what I call a "musical Advent calendar" on Facebook, which is basically just me posting an assortment of holiday/winterish songs, one per day, from the 1st to the 24th (plus some kind of prelude on November 30th, usually).

Oooooh, I am SO gonna enjoy that.

Oh, good. After the threads on holiday music, I was wondering how I was gonna warn people this year. :lol:

Oh, good. After the threads on holiday music, I was wondering how I was gonna warn people this year. :lol:

I'm one of those crazy assholes that LOVES Christmas stuff, so I already listen to the music. Here's my favorite video:

DiXjbI3kRus

Ha, I posted the Bowie/Crosby clip the first year I did this. The comment I wrote for it was something like "The origins of the phrase 'WTF?' can be traced to late 1977..."

Another one from that year that was a hit:

jgMu2Acxecw

I actually only listen to a few things over and over until I get tired of them, which usually takes a long time because I'm a bit obsessive. lol

I have every They Might Be Giants album and shuffle them. I listen to it almost every time I'm in the car. This is one of their newer songs:

kSQ8tZ35t4U

Again, I also like to just shuffle all my Tim Minchin stuff. Since it's getting close to Christmas I listen to this one quite a bit:

fCNvZqpa-7Q

I also cannot get enough of the Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog soundtrack. This is my favorite song (although the uploader got the title wrong):

EQyNN2SfPwQ

And as it happens, B5SnowDog, a little Apocalyptica too:

zJL6TP3YCHQ

Yay!

One of my favorite Christmas CDs is Merry Axemas: A Guitar Christmas.

What happened? Oy vey.

Here's another: Johnny Cash covering Nick Cave in The Mercy Seat. I remind everyone that the last two minutes (piano solo) are to be played at my funeral, with pizza to follow.

ZGGSTiDOjKU

Mercedes Sosa doing Misa Criolla

PnoXXtr8OYA

My favourite Israeli artist, Idan Raichel, and his project

bZRNeRxB2c4

See that string of letters and numbers after v= ? Next time you want to embed a video, copy just that portion of the link and paste it in between the YouTube tags.

Thanks AuntCloud, I'd totally forgotten about the Idan Raichel Project. This was one of my favourites:

kmW2yAYhMmM

My most recent playlist is -

Corneille 'Parce qu'on vient de loin'

WDr3qCcXKXk

The Whitlams 'Charlie no. 3'

20PgADuXKvc

The Whitlems 'You sound like louis burdett'

RaQlVvzDYiw

And here's the prologue to Charpentier's 'Medee' - the rest of the vids are linked on the side. I've been listening to a lot of his stuff lately and given the subject, this is a favourite.

27CrCCrVYt8

QkzzC7mBDkU

We saw a film by Jean-Luc Godard in my film class this week and this has been stuck in my head ever since. Absurdly catchy.

See that string of letters and numbers after v= ? Next time you want to embed a video, copy just that portion of the link and paste it in between the YouTube tags.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Archived