IGNORED

Stinking Lousewife on Same Sex Marriage in Maryland

lilwriter85

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/11/same-sex-marriage-comes-to-maryland-and-maine/

The largest base of support in Maryland was among voters under the age of 29 — in other words, among the self-centered young who have not raised children and are relatively indifferent to their needs.

This cracks me up. "Think of the children!" pearl clutch :lol: My son has a gay married couple for his godfathers. Hasn't affected him in the least. Although one time, E. called me ranting about Fox news bitching about the Gay Days at Disney, and how all gays wanted to take kids to Disney. I'd had a hard time that day with the wee one. I told him I wanted to know when he and his husband were coming by to get mine, because I'd have his bag packed and at the door when they got here.

I'm in that demographic and raising children. I will always vote in favor of gay rights. Go figure. Having teh baybeez!!1! did not suddenly make me throw all concern for human rights out the window.

This cracks me up. "Think of the children!" pearl clutch :lol: My son has a gay married couple for his godfathers. Hasn't affected him in the least. Although one time, E. called me ranting about Fox news bitching about the Gay Days at Disney, and how all gays wanted to take kids to Disney. I'd had a hard time that day with the wee one. I told him I wanted to know when he and his husband were coming by to get mine, because I'd have his bag packed and at the door when they got here.

The "think of the children" crap is tiring at this point, but it still cracks me up for different reasons. Over the past couple of years, I have heard and read anti-gay marriage people say stuff like "Well marriage is about reproducing and making a family." Lori recently said shit like that on her blog. I laugh at that stuff, but I also find it sad that some people think that marriage is all about reproducing.

When the Stinking Lousewife says he/she's thinking, it seems like he/she's really pulling facts out of his/her ass.

- a 36 year old who voted Yes on Question 6 in Maryland.

I can't wait to read about the economic boost it will bring. There are many gorgeous locations to get married, and lots of caterers, waiters, florists, musicians, etc. who only care about giving the happy couple a special day (and will not pay any attention to whether or not the genitalia matches).

I would say that the one who is being self-centered is the stinking lousewife. She doesn't want same-sex-marriage to be legal, by one reason only: she does not approve of it. To me, that's a very self-centered thinking. If she doesn't like the idea of same-sex-marriage, she can choose not to have one. That's it. She must be an idiot if she thinks she can control what other adults do. She does not have that right. Period.

I really take exception to this - we sent money to the Yes on 6 campaign PRECISELY because we have close friends who are raising a child and whose marriage was not recognized by the state.

But in reality, younger generations are more and more pro LGBT equality. We need to keep fighting this, but I feel like this election was a bellweather of things to come. My husband smiled at me this morning and said, "We're winning." Amen to that. :D

FUCK YEAH Maryland, Maine, Washington, and Minnesota, say I!!

I'm 33 w/ three kids and my husband is 41. We both voted for it, and hearing that MD had voted to redefine marriage made my day!

A friend of my mom posted about how we should pray for America & got pearl-clutching comments about, gasp, a gay congressman!

I think this is another case of fundies thinking that persecution is of taking their rights away to persecute others in name of "moral values" and the "correct and true Christian religion TM!". These are the same 1s who don't understand what persecution really means.

I have an aunt who lives in Maryland. She's in her early fifties and voted yes on same sex marriage. She also has three grown children who agree that marriage should be an opportunity for all.

I think this is another case of fundies thinking that persecution is of taking their rights away to persecute others in name of "moral values" and the "correct and true Christian religion TM!". These are the same 1s who don't understand what persecution really means.

This. Persecution against a particular religion would entail forcing the members of that religion to personally do things that were against their beliefs. Allowing OTHER PEOPLE the freedom to marry, control their bodies, etc. while still allowing YOU to refuse to marry a person of the same sex or have an abortion is called freedom.

I wish I still lived in Maryland as this 45 yo mother of 3 would have been first in line to vote yes. Luckily, I do live in NY so my friends can marry who they like.

When I was 29, I was married and pregnant with my 4th child.

I am, erm, older than that now, but I voted for marriage equality in my state this year. I also voted for legalizing recreational use of marijuana even though I don't smoke it and don't plan to. I can actually care about issues that don't personally affect me.

I really take exception to this - we sent money to the Yes on 6 campaign PRECISELY because we have close friends who are raising a child and whose marriage was not recognized by the state.

But in reality, younger generations are more and more pro LGBT equality. We need to keep fighting this, but I feel like this election was a bellweather of things to come. My husband smiled at me this morning and said, "We're winning." Amen to that. :D

FUCK YEAH Maryland, Maine, Washington, and Minnesota, say I!!

This! I don't live in any of those states but I was happy to hear the results when the election was over. I really think this election was the first big baby step in the right direction. I was so happy in general last night but I feel like it is just hitting me now. We are really starting to make progress.

When I was 29, I was married and pregnant with my 4th child.

Most of my childhood friends in Maryland have kids and we're mostly 29 or under and none of us are fundies. Zsu is around my age and has 7 kids. More proof that the Lousewife doesn't allow logic to interfere with her thoughts.

Wonder where she got that info. I'm 51, voted for it, and have spent the last couple of months encouraging others to do the same. The people I've met doing this work have cut across every single demographic. And I guess she didn't see the TV ads where two different Baltimore pastors explained that they supported Question 6 because equality for all citizens was simply the right thing to do? Pretty sure they (and their congregations) weren't all under 29 and childless.

I'm thrilled that MD is the first state to pass same-sex marriage on referendum. The victory is sweeter still given that this issue was put on the ballot by those who opposed it--their strategy to defeat it backfired.

I would say that the one who is being self-centered is the stinking lousewife. She doesn't want same-sex-marriage to be legal, by one reason only: she does not approve of it. To me, that's a very self-centered thinking. If she doesn't like the idea of same-sex-marriage, she can choose not to have one. That's it. She must be an idiot if she thinks she can control what other adults do. She does not have that right. Period.

Deciding you're important enough to decide what other adults can do just because you say so is extremely self centered, so everyone who opposed gay marriage is the selfish one. It's much more selfless to want your friends and relatives to have the right to get married even though it doesn't effect you personally, because you're voting because you care about everyone having the same rights, not enforcing your own sensibilities as law.

Also a LOT of people do get married and have kids at 29, and even if they don't, they'd already know if they want to some day, and maybe they just want everyone to have that choice. Also younger people are more likely to have been close to an openly gay person for their entire life, so they can't understand why on earth their two aunts, or their best friend's dad and his boyfriend CAN'T get married. When you know openly gay people well your whole life, it becomes much harder to deny that we're like all other human beings.

The stinking louswife is an idiot.

Clearly she doesn't realize that women with children were actually the demographic who favored marriage equality the most-- two-thirds of females voters with kids voted yes in Maryland.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

18-29....Aren't they prime childbearing years? Total logic fail.

Anyway, Maryland is not my home, but at 52 years old, I will vote for marriage equailty any time given the chance.

29 year old maryland resident here. I voted for gay marraige because

-I believe in equal protection under the law

-Banning gay marriages doesn't stop gay couples from making lasting comitments, (as evidenced by my parent's gay friends who are celebrating 35+ years of being together) it just stops the state from legally recognizing that comitment.

- Marriage is about love, comittment, compionship. It is not mandatory to have children.

- If gay couples wanted to have children allowing them to be married makes things more stable for issues like hosptial visitation rights, inheriting money, filing taxes, etc.

- Every reptuable study (ie not the one that that studied the affects of gay parents on children but excluded the children of gay couples from the study) of the children of gay parents show they come out just fine.

- The sanctity of my marriage doesn't depend on me excluding other people from that same right.

Archived